A Conversation for Crater Labs, Inc.

The Lobby

Post 61

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

*Glances around and realises she is alone, except for the guardbot at reception*

Oh dear - I'm lollygagging already!

*tries to get the attention of the guardbot and reads the crossword upside down across the counter*

You've got 14 Down wrong you know - it should say 'AMETHYST'. Have the others gone down the stairs?


The Lobby

Post 62

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)


The Lobby

Post 63

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

*Spots Lentilla zooming past*

I suppose I should just follow on...

*heads towards stairs*


The Lobby

Post 64

Penny Whistle

*Realizing that she's fallen behind, Penny heads down the stairs*


The Lobby

Post 65

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Five years later, Lil finds herself coming back down the stairs. Nothing has changed except that the android sitting at the desk has a more recent copy of Android Weekly lying open to a centerfold. The bot hastily flips the tabloid shut*

So. everything is ticking over as usual, eh? Then why didn't you let Garius in?

*rattling Garius's keys in her hand, Lil walks¹ thoughtfully around the lobby, noticing that it is spotless. She also notices a regular deep throbbing sound, so low and faint that she seems to be picking it up through the soles of her feet, rather than hearing it*


¹Lil is wearing that suspension harness she calls her harkonnen.


The Lobby

Post 66

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*a 5' 7" paper doll made of 20lb cotton bond (aka standard printer paper) appears at the top of the stairs with a canvas duffel bag slung over her shoulder*

*she sets it down, sits astride, and pushes off*

*bump*

*bump*

*bump, bump, bumpbumpbump...* You get the ideasmiley - silly

*duffle bag slides to a stop under Lil*

That was fun!

Last time I went on an adventure, I thought mufflewhumps were a bit deus ex machina, but if we're going to be exploring CLI, we could probably use all the deus we can get! If nothing else, a handful of mufflewhumps is better than even the most well stocked first aid kit for you flesh folks. Beats tape all hollow for me, too.

Are there likely to be flame throwers? smiley - erm


The Lobby

Post 67

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

That's strange--my edges seem to be vibrating.


The Lobby

Post 68

BondageBeanBag

*The BondageBeanBag can be seen, rolling and flollopping down the stairs, bumping from side to side and tumbling over and over.*

*Its smiley - handcuffs clatter and bang on the stair-well*#

*It looks mildly panicked by being so out of control*


The Lobby

Post 69

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*to the securibot at the desk* Would you please fetch Ampton? Or Number Eleven, if you can't fetch Ampton.

*the android presses an orange button inset on the surface of the desk, then opens its tabloid to the classifieds and goes back to reading*

This shouldn't have to turn into an adventure. We're just going to let Garius in and give him his keys, right?


The Lobby

Post 70

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Well, then, I can give Garius a welcome back giftsmiley - shrug


The Lobby

Post 71

Agapanthus

*Peers carefully into the Lobby from the stairwell*


The Lobby

Post 72

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*a large tawny owl appears at the top of the stairs and flaps down to the lobby, losing control slightly and only just stopping short of colliding with the desk when he lands on the floor. He hastily pulls himself upright, trying to make it look as though that's how he always intended to land, and folds his wings away neatly*

Hmm, my feathers are all twitching. Interesting...


The Lobby

Post 73

Santragenius V

*very carefully walls down the stairs close to the wall*

Nice lobby!


The Lobby

Post 74

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Appears at the top of the stairs and starts down them*

It's been quite some time since I was down here, nearly 4 years I think! Ummm... what's with the vibration?


The Lobby

Post 75

Z

*peers downstairs and follows*


The Lobby

Post 76

Vip

*shrinking down as small as she can, the smiley - fairy flutters down, hiding behind Z*

smiley - fairy


The Lobby

Post 77

Teuchter

* stands at the top of the stairs, not sure if she's going down yet


The Lobby

Post 78

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*peers in Ampton's office and then into the conference room and finds them empty*


The Lobby

Post 79

Sol

*Bounds down the stairs enthusiastically until she nearly turns an ankle half way down, staggers, windmills her arms and finishes the journey on her bum.

Jumps up hurridly, pretending nothing happened.*

No harm done! Just trying out some new adventuring boots! My but five inch heels take some getting used to.


The Lobby

Post 80

Titania (gone for lunch)

*peers down into the stairwell*

Any sign of Garius yet?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more