A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

Heroville Cathedral

Post 181

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Andrew] Say, thanks. I am a rather good storyteller if I do say so myself.

continuing tale

None ever came back.
I heard they visited the Mountain of the Lord where the angelic powers of the Knights originated, but found a great evil barring the way and were or are or will be locked in endless combat with it. Or something like that.

Meanwhile, nothing's gone right in Quavia since they left. The King finally went out himself to look after them, the Royal Family with him. It was on that fateful mission that Our Beloved Queen fell into the very chasm of the Void itself, and hasn't been heard from since.

This drove the King to great grief and he retired to his castle (doubtless to protect his daughter from the same fate) and now, years later, even news reaches Quavia of the Dark Kindreds being on the move in the West, as you have seen the very Undead and the Dark Knights; our ancient foes have arisen again, with none of our legendary prowess to answer them.

Which brings us to the expedition of today.
this is part II of III, hopefully III will be up today as well
smiley - towelNerd42


Heroville Cathedral

Post 182

Thorn

[Sharp]: "The West, eh? The area I came out from fell to the reign of darkness and chaos a little quicker than you guys then. It's a fog and mist-covered archipelago of precipi,-out in the Northwest Sea."
*Nods curtly*


Heroville Cathedral

Post 183

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

if I want to put a NorthWest sea in my campeign, that's my buisiness, you know? just so happens I could use one sort of almost but please don't try to write the geography here. That's my job.

You know, everybody /else's/ character's from a different world than here.

Well, except Gandark .... he visited here once a long time ago in one of my novels ... but anyways...


Heroville Cathedral

Post 184

Thorn

: Alright then,-How about -A different NorthWest sea-, (one that's even further away) perhaps? <- *smiley - laughs* smiley - cheers


Heroville Cathedral

Post 185

Thorn

: How would I have known that though. <-Must be on some sorta a temporary 'shared wavelength', or something (Just kidding).


Heroville Cathedral

Post 186

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

It's in the Inn of the Silvery Sword description. That's how everybody arrived here.

Side note on the above: Actually Gandark isn't /from/ here, but he had /been/ here before, and even had a job as Court Magician.


Heroville Cathedral

Post 187

Thorn

: Oh, like on different realms...((duh) <-lol),-that makes sense.


Heroville Cathedral

Post 188

Thorn

[Sharp]: *feels remarkably foolish about his smiley - silly geographical error.* "smiley - erm,- Nevermind...(please do-go on/continue...)."


Heroville Cathedral

Post 189

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

[Kylen] "So what your asking us to do is become a new legion of Holy Knights, beat the evil, and save the world? Sounds pretty kick smiley - bleep to me


Heroville Cathedral

Post 190

Thorn

[Sharp]: *Sitting on the floor crosslegged, he takes mental note of this, while at the same time trying to pen in corrections to his regional map*
(thinks): smiley - doh I just don't understand it though... that region of the sky had similar looking constellations to back home too... Oh, that's right! smiley - eureka (& also smiley - doh again), Folks living on top of the precipices that make up that chain of 'islands' where I'm from,-... We call the geographical areas' air current patterns/pockets 'seas'. <-Yet We measure the directions of them backwards from how ground folk would. Perhaps If I went SouthEast then, instead of Northwest?... Oh well, I'll puzzle that one out for another day . . .
"We get to go on a quest. [Whoo-hoo!] Oh smiley - wow, smiley - wizard Wa-hey!"
*then realizes how loud he had been (thinking that statement out loud), and embarrasedly shuts up (For real this time).*


Heroville Cathedral

Post 191

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Mr. Andrew] erhaps .... but first priority is getting rid of that cursted Nightmare Blade. The secret of uncursting a sword is another thing we've lost with the knowledge of the Knights .... they never wrote their secrets down, but passed them on orally from Knight to Squire for centuries, and as I never became a Knight, I don't know them, and poor Sir Jeff here is too ill to even tell you this story, let alone complicated methods for dealing with the undead. So, first get rid of the Dark Sword, then find the Lost Knights so that their wisdom will not be lost. You may become Squires yourselves, but at least bring the secrets back somehow, whatever it takes. It's our only hope of survival when real Evil draws near, as it surely will within a year. Do you think I've adequately covered it, Sir Jeff?

[Sir Jeff] That should be about all they need to know right now ... *cough cough* Just remember that there's a difference between knowledge and *wheeze* ... wisdom.

[Mr. Andrew] Any other questions?
smiley - towelNerd42


Heroville Cathedral

Post 192

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] Well .... which way should we go? [Sir Jeff] Why .... into the West of course! *cough* That's the direction the Knights were seen heading in before they disappeared! [Mr. Andrew] Yes ... see here? *Mr. Andrew shows a spot hastily/clumsily-drawn map of the surrounding Dark Forest* http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F117258?thread=1574992&latest=1 [Mr. Andrew] I'd suggest you meet there at sundown, camp there for the night, and set out at dawn. That should give you time to wrap up any obligations you have in town. [Gandark] Yeah ... I have one or two little things to do first ... and probably everybody else has too. We'll meet there. The Quest is now OPEN! http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F117258?thread=1574992&latest=1 Nerd42


Heroville Cathedral

Post 193

Thorn

[Sharp]: (To Sir Jeff & Mr. Andrew) : *Helpfully (though unasked) offers a medicinal 'tonic'.*
: No worries though (so smiley - dontpanic), just a basic one. I'll be logged off for a little while...the library PC is about to dump me off, and it takes me awhile to get back home from downtown...I'm gonna hafta hop onto the train in about a minute. *smiley - runs* }smiley - zoom!{ smiley - rofl


Heroville Cathedral

Post 194

Thorn

: smiley - grr,- cuss-ed library pc! smiley - sorry Nerd42... I didn't count on it that when I got off the train I'd have to slog uphill. The weather went and switched on me from a 'grey day' to this nasty chilly gust and it took me aboout twice as long to get home than usual smiley - doh


Heroville Cathedral

Post 195

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Well, that was.... interesting.


Heroville Cathedral

Post 196

Thorn

[Sharp]: (Let me see if I've got this straight) : "So all we have to do..., to save that petrified girl,-and beat up a whole bunch of these Evil "Dark Knight" 'people', plus round up some lost knights... Am I reading you correctly on that so far?"


Heroville Cathedral

Post 197

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Mr. Andrew] Er .... well yes.

There are several different subplots going on, you see?


Heroville Cathedral

Post 198

Thorn

: [said offhand to push-it nearly sounding like sob]: *Makes a 'neutral' "smiley - erm, yes..."


Heroville Cathedral

Post 199

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

Once again, thornthedruidguy, you've done this wrong. No-one cares about your train or whatever. You post, then leave it. Wait for a reply. If you're going to be away, then fine. Check back later and review the backlog. And it is utterly pointless to siit and post every time someone talks. Unless its a useful contribution, which, sorry to say, it rarely, in your case, is, to put it bluntly, shut it. No-one cares. Okay? Sorry for being so blunt.

*blurs and vanishes*


Heroville Cathedral

Post 200

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

well ... I wouldn't have minded his posting about that on another thread .... like the Out of Game thread for example


Key: Complain about this post