The Vogon War For Terrania

2 Conversations

The Beginning



"A shadow descends over the fair city of Terrania. The people look in fear as enormous yellow brick like things hang above them in the air, in exactly the way that bricks don't. The VOGONS have arrived."


A sci-fi fantasy world

This was the chilling message that Terrania had feared. The Terranic Army had been growing in strength and numbers so knew that one day it would have to face this feared and powerful enemy. The Vogons had come simply to destroy Terrania and swore "it isn't personal." but we know better now.smiley -

The reply to Vogons from Terrania was anything but expected, "Drat, and it was looking to be such a nice day." were the words spoken by Skullock. In those words he managed to typify everything that is so great about Terrania today, Her bravery, Her wit and above all, Her ignorance. After a brave attempt from U201249, commander and creator of the Terranic community, the Vogons appeared to lose patience and opened fire! They destroyed the first building of what was to be many.

The Vogons then launched a daring ground assault on Terrania but came up against some very strong, and brave, resistance from Skullock. The battle began to look short lived with the arrival of U210920 (HDS) and his extremely organised and heavily armed fleet testing the Vogon defences to the limit. Along with HDS comes Lord Vadar and his Imperial Fleet. The Vogon looked out classed in the sky!

On the ground though it looked a different story. The Vogons outnumbered and outgunned lonely Skullock who was looking in desperate need of some help. It arrived in the shape of U210828 and his trustee firearms and his deadly precision with the light sabre.

It is also worth mentioning the arrival of a new allie to Terrania in space in the form of The Current Galactic Empire (CGE). A vastly superior fleet headed by Grand Admiral Articuno and Grand Admiral Zapdos. They would later become enemies of Terrania due to infighting with HDS and his fleet.

With things now firmly in Terranias favour the Imperial Fleet despatched it's groundtroops to aid in the ground battle while Craxus calls in his Go'auld allies to reinforce spacial supremecy. The Go'auld, of course, later turn on Terrania and all Her allies.

The Muddle

A spaceship passing in front of a red planet


Just as a bombing run is about to take place that could end the ground ivasion in one fell swoop, internal squabling amongst the two most powerful allies, the CGE and HDS, begins to take hold. Testing each others patience and strengths they duly forget about the objectives and the bombing run never happens!

Eventually relations are patched and the onslaught of the Vogons continues. Rumours begin circulating that the Vogon general has perished and the invading fleet is in disarray. Unfortunatley this is not the case. The general shows up with a THOUSAND stargates and unleashes a deadly force onto Terrania, including the dreaded Replicators.

With the planet over-run with enemy forces and the replicators eating everything except Vogons, (not through programming or anything but because not even Replicators will touch a Vogon) HDS decides the only way to save Terrania now, is to destroy it!
The CGE quickly falls in line with this idea and launches neutron bombs. Reducing the once beautiful and delicate Terrania to boiling rock! All inhabitants were evacuated beforehand by HDS's fleet.
With tensions running high, a misunderstanding in space leads to HDS personally threatening the CGE himself. In anger he decides to finish the planet off with a planet buster. Have the defenders gone MAD?!

The End (or is it?)



It is now that an unexpected and blessed thing happened. The Pan Dimensional Dolphins appeared and dragged another Terrania through the dimensions of space only they understand and placed it in existence where our Terrania used to dwell. The Imperial Fleet returned many happy citizens home and all seemed well again. But we all know that is rarely the case. The Vogons quickly returned, better armed than ever before! This time they had a new resistence to face in the highly organised U211544 and U189740. The ensuing space battle was bloody and unforgiving. Many lives were lost, in space and on the surface. But new alliances were formed. Duckman Industries Security Forces (D.I.S.F) pledged help and the Imperial Fleet once again evacuated Terrania in a lump in throat moment.

The Imperial Fleet moved to block the Vogons escape as D.I.S.F forces arrived. Still in their bubblewrap. They couldn't have arrived at a better time as all but 12 Imperial warships were called away to face another enemy in a galaxy far, far away.
The remaining ships form a tight net and open fire on the Vogon threat, albeit accidently. After the initial attack with no response from the Vogon fleet the allies take some time to form a battle plan over some muffins and tea.

Craxus arrives in his formiddable Asgard ship along with U216657 (MLH) in the Ultimus Grand. All looks set so the battle begins. U190551 makes an appearance in the White Star 9, teeth bared and weapons hot. Many Vogon ships meet their doom.
The Vogons, however, have a trick up their sleeve. Using advanced technology they launch a ground assault with millions of troops. The surviving ships in space join together to make a super-power. With its superior fire power and armourment many allied ships were destroyed. A new wave of the Vogon fleet de-cloaked and threw Terrania into panic!smiley - The end for Terrania once again looked near.

Meanwhile...



...Behind the scenes, on the White Star 9, someone was making an important discovery. A discovery that would win the war. U193430 had intercepted a Vogon communication requesting cake supplies. It appeared they had run out and could go no further with out any! She got permission from her superiors to open a negotiation with possible defecting Vogons. After heavy bargaining Werekitty delivered the cake in return for information leading to the capture of the Vogon general. The bait laid and the trap sprung by Creachy and Rimmer, the Vogon general was taken relatively easily. With their leader gone the Vogon fleet dispersed and the Allies returned to Terrania for a much needed beer.........until next time!


And so ended a new and vital chapter in the progression and history of TERRANIAsmiley - .

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1009766

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more