h2g2 Post 04.12.2000

4 Conversations



Posted: 4th December 2000

Editorial


Hello to you all and welcome to your new-look Post. Pastey has been working exceptionally hard these last few weeks to update and improve this humble rendering and, I hope you all agree, he has excelled himself! Huge thanks are also due to Amy the Ant who tweaked the gifs and worked in liaison with Mark Moxon to create a Front Page which would suit both the available skins of h2g2.


Thanks also go to all the contributors, both past and present, who have sent through articles this week. This is our biggest Post yet... very fitting for the First Birthday celebrations.

The first of the back issues will be available soon, as will a full report on the recent h2g2 Get-Together in London last weekend. Suffice it to say that a good time was had by one and all, and quite a few attendees were suffering the following day, not least our own Pastey who managed to swop overnight bags with My Red Dice. We hope to provide you with a bumper crop of pictures to marvel at... maybe even some you haven't yet seen!

So... 'on with the mottley' then! We would love you to give us feedback on what is, essentially, your Post, so please feel free to comment on the articles and Front Page.


Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor.

shazzPRME

FeaturesRegulars

  • Presidential Soapbox

  • You voted for him, and here he is. Well, you personally may not have voted for him, but he won without a re-count.


  • The h2g2 Poem

  • Ah, poetry. And a bit better than "Roses are Red, Violets are Black, I love you best, when you're flat on your....."


  • Coming of Age in the UK

  • A recent change in UK law allows us to examine the aspects and implications and wonder what took it so long?


  • Agony Aunt

  • h2g2 is not a normal community, now less than ever. Therefore a normal Agony Aunt would be useless, now even more so. Here she is, back for a guest appearance, and hopefully encouraged to appear regularly once more, your one and only AA!


  • h2g2 Life

  • Another installment of the reason we all read the Post anyway, cartoons from Wowbagger.


  • The Armadillo

  • I was gonna do a joke about Dime bars, but I don't think that every one would get it.


  • 1-2-1

  • This week Monsy interviews, sort of, the h2g2 Post. She looks into the history behind this ole rag of ours, who set it up, and how it's moved on.


  • The h2g2 Summer Meet Up 2001

  • With the Christmas Meet Up 2000 still fresh in our minds, here's an ideal opportunity to post our views and thoughts on where the summer meet up should be, but remember there are only six months left to convince everyone else that it should be your favourite city.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A482960

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more