A Conversation for Famous Film Quotes

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 81

Duncan

A werewolf movie, it would seem. smiley - smiley

Can you narrow it down any more? There's only dozens to choose from. smiley - tongueout


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 82

Wolfie

Hmmm. How can I give a clue without giving too much away? I'm not sure I can, so:

The guy that said the line was the main character, a wealthy hunter with a large house and lots of acres.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 83

Wolfie

By the way, I'm not having any luck with your new quote either. Any chance of a clue or two?

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 84

Infinite Improbability

If you haven't been to my "name that Quote" page yet, drop on by! it now has 40 quotes!


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 85

Duncan

Let's see.....the actor in question recently passed away. smiley - wah

As far as your quote goes, I cannot figure it out. Any other clues I can be given, or should I just throw in the towel now and ask for the answer?


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 86

Wolfie

So that would probably be Jack Lemmon, then , I would guess. Probably in one of the Billy Wilder films, but it could be any of them. I think you'll have to tell me.

With mine, can I give any more clues? The film also starred Peter Cushing and Michael Gambon.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 87

Duncan

How about 'The Beast Must Die'?

You got the actor right, the director wrong.


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 88

Wolfie

Yeah, you got it. The line was said by Calvin Lockhart, who plays the male lead (who's character name I can't recall at the moment), when he passes his wife the silver candlestick.

So, not a Billy Wilder film. Was it one of the one's he made with Walter Matthau?

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 89

Duncan

Nope......not with Mattheau. It also starred Peter Falk in a supporting role.


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 90

Wolfie

I'm not as up on my Jack Lemmon films as I used to be - Glengarry Glen Ross (a complete guess, I've never seen the fim, but perhaps Peter Falk was in it).

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 91

Duncan

Nope.....it was "The Great Race"....one of my all time favorite comedies. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 92

Wolfie

I'll make sure I see it!

So, we are now without a current quote. What can we use? Ah, I know:

"Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a damn."

Not, perhaps, as easy as it may seem (but then who am I to judge?)

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 93

Deek

Having been completely stumped by the previous ones, I'm pretty sure I know this one.
Clarke Gable as Rhett Butler, Gone with the Wind.

Here's a few more:

'Mama, face it, I was the slut of all time.'

'You're not too smart, are you... I like that in a man.'

'I'd hate to take a bite out of you, you're a cookie full of arsenic.'

'What we have here is a failure to communicate.'

'Oh, and senator? just one more thing... Love your suit.'

and last but not least, cos I don't remember the 'exact' words..

'The big dubbyu... it's buried under the big dubbyu.'

All the best
A.M. smiley - smiley


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 94

Wolfie

Sorry, Austin, not the one I was looking for; I said it wasn't as easy as it may seem.

Would you like a clue?

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 95

Deek

Oh... blow! I should have known. GWTW was 'Frankly my dear..' wasn't it.
Post in haste...
Must have been some sort of parody then ???
A.M.smiley - smiley


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 96

Duncan

Having been completely stumped by the previous ones, I'm pretty sure I know this one.
Clarke Gable as Rhett Butler, Gone with the Wind.

Here's a few more:

'Mama, face it, I was the slut of all time.'
Dunno

'You're not too smart, are you... I like that in a man.'
Familiar, but can't place it

'I'd hate to take a bite out of you, you're a cookie full of arsenic.'
Dunno

'What we have here is a failure to communicate.'
From "Cool Hand Luke" It was the warden's phrase ( I can't remember the actor ).

'Oh, and senator? just one more thing... Love your suit.'
Familiar, but I dunno

and last but not least, cos I don't remember the 'exact' words..

'The big dubbyu... it's buried under the big dubbyu.'
"It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" Not sure who said it though....any actor who was anybody back then was in that movie.


Wolfie - I knew yours wasn't from GWTW, but I still can't place it. How about a clue? smiley - grovel

In the meantime, here is another from me:

"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great. You have no power over me"


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 97

Wolfie

A clue? That's one.

Goblin City? Labyrinth? Dark Crystal? One of those fantasy type films, I'm sure.

As for the rest of Austin's, the senators suit one seems familiar, but the rest I haven't a clue.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 98

Duncan

AHA!!! smiley - doh

Tim Curry in "CLUE"

You got it....mine was from "Labyrinth" smiley - smiley

Here's another:

"I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you want to sell it!"


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 99

Wolfie

Mmmmm.... It's not one that I know, I think. A small cluette perchance?

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 100

Deek

That one's Jeff Goldblum, (The Goody scientist with the chaos theory, I can't remember the characters name tho') in Jurassic Park.

Well done Duncan with Cool Hand Luke and Mad World.
In Mad World The actor was 'Schnozzle' Durante, one time music hall entertainer, He of 'The Lost Chord'.
A.M.smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post