A Conversation for Famous Film Quotes

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 141

Roundley The Terminator

First, I have to retract the "not in Dave" comment. The Internet Movie Database has a more comprehensive filmography than the one to which I first refered. SO, he was in Dave.

But, that's not the movie that the quote is from.

Next clue: two other actors in that movie were Armand Assante and Robert Patrick.

:o)


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 142

Wolfie

OK, all of the Ving Rhames films I've heard of have been mentioned, the only other film I can think of that has Robert Patrick in it is Terminator 2 and I don't know who Armand Assente is. I give up, Roundley. Put me out of my misery please.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 143

Roundley The Terminator

Ahh, Wolfie.

The Movie was Striptease, starring Demi Moore and Burt Reynolds, produced in 1996. My next clue would have been those to actors. Ving played a bouncer called Shad.

I've always liked the quote, because it's so fitting.

Armand Assante is a French actor who's showed up in a few things--quite good at his trade, actually.

Next one:

"Who taught you?"
"Don't remember. That's the first thing they teach you."

One film, which actors?

:o)


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 144

Wolfie

Well, there you go. I never saw Striptease (Ms Moore's silicon enhanced charms never really appealed - although I'm told I missed a bravura performance from Burt Reynolds).

As for the new one, that sounds like a secret agent, black ops, assasin type film, so lets try either:

Gabriel Byrne and Bridget Fonda in Nikita

or

Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Banderas in Assasins

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 145

Roundley The Terminator

You've got the right film type, but not the right films.

I always resented the American re-make of the original Nikita, the french just made it so much more 'gritty' which is how I thought it should be.

Speaking of which: the first speaker is a french actor who has shown up in a number of great "black ops, assassin-type" movies, one of them the definitive "The Professional."

:o)


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 146

Dark Side of the Goon

The Intercontinental 10ps...Trainspotting?

Here's one for you.
"Put the bunny back in the box".


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 147

Wolfie

OK French actors: I think I only know two - Francois Truffuat (sp?) and Jean Reno. If it's either of them it's mor likely to be Jean Reno, I think, and it's probably going to be Ronin or Leon. I've seen Leon and although it could come from that, I don't remember it, so I'm going to plump for Ronin, with the other actor being De Niro.

How far off the mark am I?

No idea on the bunny in the box one, though. Sorry.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 148

Sher, android psychologist, specializing in mattress swamp post-traumatic stress syndrome

Hello again!
I see that no-one got my "compliment her shoes..." quote. It was the president's daughter to the president (Michael Douglas) in the American President.
As to the latest debate.. toughie...
I am going to have to agree with the Jean Reno in Ronin guess, but I need more info to hazard a guess at the bunny quote! It sounds ominous, but it could be silly as well. Could it be as obvious as Who Framed Roger Rabbit?


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 149

Mycroft

The bunny's from Con Air, so it'll be Nicolas Cage's character saying it.

How about...

"Yes, he actually was President of the United States, but I know that when he left the White House the Secret Service used to count the silverware."


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 150

Roundley The Terminator

Wolfie,

You have it. Nicely done.

Ronin is one of THE best films I've seen in recent times. I'm really keen to see Crimson Rivers which is showing here (in Oz) at the moment.

:o)


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 151

Roundley The Terminator

Couple of possibilities vying for attention here:
-- A journo refering to Bill Clinton in the short film "The Final Days" (see [URL removed by moderator] for a copy), in which Bill Clinton plays himself wandering around an empty White House in his final days in office. A must see.

-- Possibly from "Escape from New York". Donald Pleasance was President and went down in Air Force One over New York when it was a maxium security prison. Kurt Russell (as Snake Plisken) rescued him, but I've no idea who would have actually said it, if it's from that movie.

-- And then I get flashes of "In the Line of Fire" but cannot draw the connection.

:o)


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 152

Mycroft

All those films are a little too contemporary, both in terms of release dates and setting.

Here's the movie's best known line...

"My brain!? It's my second favorite organ!"


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 153

Dark Side of the Goon

The Brain being a second favourite organ has got to be Woody Allen.

As for the movie... The Sleeper?


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 154

Wolfie

Ok, here's a nice easy one - but you've got to supply not only the film, actor and character name, you've also got to supply the next line:

"For why, Keats? For why?"

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 155

Sher, android psychologist, specializing in mattress swamp post-traumatic stress syndrome

Oh, Wolfie...
THIS is an easy one???!!!


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 156

Wolfie

Well, it's easy for me (but then, I suppose I do know where it comes from). If I'd picked the most famous quote from the film, it would have been sooooo easy.

So, obviously a clue is required; the most famous cliffhanger ending ever.

Cheers

Wolfie


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 157

Infinite Improbability

Let's see how many of you can name the speaker and movie:
1. As you wish.
2. We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
3. Assimilate this!
4. Don't call me 'Tiny.'
5. You're a very clever girl.
6. Inconcievable!
7. How 'bout that, Mr. Doubting Mustafa?
8. I was going to get you a pen, but you've already got one.
9. What are we supposed to do, put on a grass skirt and do the hula?
10. Be our guest!
11. For every mangled doll, there's a little girl with a broken heart.
12. One ... Two ... Five!
13. Saddle up ... Lock and load!
14. Fourty-Two?
15. We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
16. It could be carried by an African Swallow!
17. Drop your sword.
18. Oh, much worse, sir!
19. Stuff and nonsense!
20. Remember ...

21. Tis but a scratch.
22. Do I help them? Yes, I do!
23. Ten Thousand Years will give you such a crick in the neck!
24. So let it be written, so let it be done.
25. Presently I'm writing the definitive work on the subject.
26. Did you know that if you take the Concorde you can get there in half the time?
27. Who does this guy think he is? Saddam Hussein?
28. Your first story was better.
29. That thing? Sacred, I assure you.
30. I wish to plead insanity, because I'm crazy about this kid!
31. Time is the fire in which we burn.
32. Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.
33. Not a brass farthing!
34. I've got a perfect puzzle for you.
35. Now everyone remember where we parked.
36. If we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.
37. Correction, I know your father.
38. Could take weeks, sir.
39. Well she's my myth.
40. He was just calling to wash his head at us.


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 158

Mycroft

Wolfie, I can name the film - The Italian Job - but I haven't seen it in a while so someone else will have to fill in the blanks smiley - smiley


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 159

Mycroft

I'll make a start...

1. Wesley/the grandfather/Buttercup in The Princess Bride
2. Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (BTW, the line's originally from an O'Shaughnessy poem)
3. Worf in First Contact
4. Sulu in Star Trek III (I wouldn't have got this except I caught 5 minutes of the movie yesterday smiley - smiley)
5. Prince Humperdinck in The Princess Bride?
6. Vizzini in The Princess Bride
7. Genie in Aladdin


Quotes - Who said them?

Post 160

Sher, android psychologist, specializing in mattress swamp post-traumatic stress syndrome

I can add to that....
9. Timone(Nathan Lane) in The Lion King.
10. Lumiere (Jerry Orbach)in Beauty and the Beast
12. MP's Holy Grail, I believe it was Barnard, Keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade.(Michael Palin)
13. Could it be Bill Paxton in Aliens?
14.Hmmm?
16. Holy Grail again, sounds like Lancelot (John Cleese)
17. Wesley again in Princess Bride (Carey Elwes)
18. That is C3P0 from Star Wars.
20. Great quote from Spock(Leonard Nimoy)in Wrath of Khan (uttered to an unconscious Bones before Spock's big death scene)
21. The somewhat less than invincible Black Knight(John Cleese) in the Holy Grail.
23. Hmmm. Not sure, but it could be the genie in Aladdin, or Eddie Murphy's Dragon in Mulan.
24. My favorite Ramses (Yul Brynner) quote from the Ten Commandments.
35. Captain James T. (Billy Shatner) in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
36. Wesley again. Princess Bride.
38. This must be Scotty from one of the Star Trek's. Wrath of Khan?
39. Is this from the Sure Thing, with John Cusack?

Well, how are we doing so far?


Key: Complain about this post