The h2g2 Post 19.03.09

4 Conversations


Posted: 19th March 2009


 

 


I'll relax

This was the title of the journal I optimistically wrote shortly after we had published the last issue. As I should have known, things didn't quite turn out as intended. First, I unexpectedly became ill. Not knowing how things would develop and whether I'd be able to do my Post work, I emailed Shazz, asking her for help. Fortunately, she was available and and immediately said she'd help . lil and Beatrice did the usual by taking on more than their share, so a heartfelt thanks to the marvellous team. Well, I recovered quickly, but then my husband decided my PC needed another graphic card (an older, less capable one than I had), and as he was at it, he decided an older hard drive than the one I had would do, too. So after two days without a PC, I once again started with an 'empty' PC. This time, I was able to retrieve some folders from the other hard drive, but most things were gone, and installing the software I need, hunting for the bookmarks I lost, etc, cost time I didn't really have. Which leads me to a request: could all our writers please just put their U-number on their submission? I know, I'm guilty of not doing it myself, but now that I had lost all my bookmarks and documents again1 I had to search for all the U-numbers and archives. Now you may think: 'But I've written for the Post for years, they know me!' and you would be right. However, I think I'm not only speaking for myself here: we certainly know your name, but we'll most likely not know your U-number.

As always, you have in front of you a great issue of the Post. Our writers cover a wide range of topics, so there's something in here for everybody. If you'd like to discuss not only the articles (which you can do at the bottom of the respective article) but Post-related things in general, you can do so in the h2g2 Post Readers' Forum. Some of our recently published articles have had 'consequences': dmitrigheorgeni joined the ranks of the cartoonists, Icy has written a follow-up article about referencing h2g2 (both of which you'll find below), and Opticalillusion has submitted her fifth article and is now the proud owner of a sparkling new Post Reporter Badge. Well done to all of them!

My thanks to the eds for not only doing their usual magic by blobbing our cartoons and photos and applying the badge, but for providing me through a very funny simulpost with my LotD2, too.

On that note: the deadline for submissions for our next issue is midnight on Sunday 29th March - and don't forget that you will have a whole hour less that Sunday!

And now I'll stop waffling and hand back the office keys to Rich who is back from the Gambia, so we should be 'back to normal' in two weeks (by which time the various errors we're having after the last maintenance of the site will hopefully be sorted, too). Enjoy this issue of the Post!


B'Elana


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

  • The Stretcher

  • Keep your hankies and smelling salts at the ready, it's eviction time


 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 


 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

1I usually work in Outlook Express, saving practically everything which is important as a draft, and Outlook is always exactly the one thing I can't access after a hard drive failure/loss.2Laugh of the Day

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A47075402

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more