M2M2 - Coming Out

12 Conversations

One of the most difficult times in the lives of most gay, lesbian and bisexual people's lives, coming out refers to the time when these people tell those around them, particularly their parents, about their sexuality. This can be a very painful experience and, sadly, society still holds many prejudices which make this difficult task even harder.

If people have any stories, anecdotes or advice about coming out and how to deal with it, please feel free to discuss them in the forum below. Most of us find this time a lot easier when we know there are other people just like us who are in the same 'predicament', and when we get a lot of support from our friends. Perhaps you could even make it easier for someone reading this page, who has yet to take this step?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A290738

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more