A Conversation for M2M2 - Coming Out

Telling my sister

Post 1

Mikeo the gregarious

After about two years of agonising over whether and how to tell someone in my family, I finally came out to the eldest of my three youngest sisters yesterday!

I could've started off a bit differently - when I said "I need to tell you something", she actually became very nervous but she thought it was because I'd broken something of hers. smiley - erm However, she took the news exceptionally well when I finally stopped stammering and told her - although it did come as a bit of a shock to her - and we did a lot of smiley - hug. She actually said I should've told her earlier ... hmmm!! But now she's the first person in my family to know I'm gay (and my past experience - such that it is) and she's willing to support me when I finally tell my mum.


Telling my sister

Post 2

I have a name but it has got lost in cyberspace

Hi. Well, I had my first experience, two years ago, and, told everybbody, mum, dad, other family, friends, straight away. Looking back, maybe I was being cocky, sort of bragging. Wanting to shock? Don't know the exact reasons.
But, nobody was the least bothered that I was gay, kind of stole my thunder a bit.
Maybe, in the back of my teenage rampage mentality, I knew they would be cool about it. I know I was fortunate.
Of course, there where the prats at school, but, I never let them bother me.
So, all has been fine for me. But, I still get confused about the emotional side of it all.
But, it's a challenge.


Telling my sister

Post 3

'doing the Albert'

It must be good to have friends/relitives you can talk to about such things, it is early days for me yet, and though I would like to talk to friends about 'things', I am unable currently to do so. But it is very* early days for me, so I think I will wait and see what I think in the future about telling people, it does not help that I can pretty-much judge the response of the people I know, and it would not be a good response... Oh well... Time will tell...


Telling my sister

Post 4

coffeeshaman

good on you, wish i had that kind of bravery. Still, im only 4 weeks queer so i can be a chicken to this sort of thing.


Telling my sister

Post 5

Ivan the Terribly Average

There's no need to rush... It took me a while to get around to it, and it didn't come as a surprise to my sister anyway. smiley - winkeye


Telling my sister

Post 6

'doing the Albert'

Well most all of the people I know now, now know smiley - bigeyes I think as said above to many there wasn't much supprize to it, but all seemed to be pretty cool and relaxed about it... smiley - cheerssmiley - redwine


Telling my sister

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

That's as it should be. smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more