A Conversation for Ask h2g2

9.9.1999 Happy Birthday to ME! (and many others)

Post 61

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Thanks Mina. I've stuck a couple of links on my PS.

Post 62

aka Bel - A87832164

Mina, thanks for posting it - I've already told several people about it smiley - ok

Kea, glad you linked it to your PS, I tried yesterday but didn't manage, so now I've cut and pasted from your PS smiley - magic

Post 63

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - cool

It took a bit of mucking around to get it right. Not sure what made the difference in the end - maybe the amp; or putting the ID (or name) stuff at the start?

Now I just need to know how to make the links open in a new page. Anyone got the gML handy for that?

Post 64

aka Bel - A87832164

No problem if you're not with a digibox : just click on the link with the right side of the mouse, and then say : open in new window, and that's it. That's a very handy tip I got a while ago when I complained to pheloxi that many of the links he posts don't allow me to go back to my space. Works with any link you find.smiley - ok

Post 65

Oh I'm far too lazy to bother with that smiley - sleepysmiley - winkeye I want a single click.

Besides I'm trying to replicate the who's online popup as much as possible - it'd be nice to have it on a separate page to leave running in the background.

Post 66

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, that's what you'd get with the method I suggested - it's only one click more smiley - winkeye

Post 67

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit still searching for the posting from 'Jim Lynn'
"I thought it was on one of the Announcement threads, now I can not find it anymore.
This one should give you the popup if used from your Personal Space

<LINK H2G2="online?orderby=id&amp;thissite=1" POPUP="1">HooToo Online

smiley - cheers

Post 68

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks TiT, that's perfect smiley - cheers

Post 69

smiley - cheers TiT.

No announcement about it though smiley - erm What other cool features don't I know about? smiley - bigeyes

Post 70

Traveller in Time smiley - tit suggesting to run back and forth between yesterday and tomorrow
"But I am not a mind reader smiley - erm

What I remember was 'Jim Lynn' replying to such question as 'why can we see thousands online but have no idea who is Researcher and who is from the message boards?'. I thought it was near posting 42 or something, can not find it anymore however, will have been a more obscure thread.

Already visited Thread 1 000 000 ? < <./>T1000000</.> > 'Twiglets' "

Post 71

Yeah, I don't think one can consider anything after the first few pages in Announcement threads as actual announcements because those threads pretty quickly degenerate into chat. If I get up and find a backlog of 40 posts I'm not trawling through them on the offchance that one of the italics has posted something useful.

It'd be good if there was an A page somewhere that posted new features that haven't had an official Announcement thread. In fact a page that kept a record of all features would be very useful.

Post 72

Traveller in Time smiley - tit more projects then fit in a day
"Help me rebuilding the help pages.

There is a page 'Feature Requests' with more then half the pending requests already corrected or implemented in the current version of the Server Software ( DNA 2.8c ) {The c is my interpretation as we have progressed beyond} I produced a massive update request nearly a year ago.

This specific feature is probably not new, chances are it started functioning after < <./>/dna/360/</.> > was launched. smiley - weird

Wonder if the link to 360 will get modded. smiley - erm"

Post 73

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

,bubbly>

Post 74

>>
This specific feature is probably not new, chances are it started functioning after < /dna/360/ > was launched.
<<

>>>
Subject: Hidden
Posted Jul 3, 2005 by Jim Lynn
This is a reply to this Posting  
Posting 14
Who's online can already show only the current site's users, but the skin for h2g2 hasn't been changed to make use of this feature. It's an easy change to make.
<<<

F47999?thread=661844

Presumably the change has since been made, but like I said, there was no formal Announcement.

>>
There is a page 'Feature Requests' with more then half the pending requests already corrected or implemented in the current version of the Server Software ( DNA 2.8c ) {The c is my interpretation as we have progressed beyond} I produced a massive update request nearly a year ago.
<<

I can't see anything on either <./>Development-Features</.> or <./>Feedback-Features</.> that outlines what features have actually been implemented.

Count Zero, apologies for the hijacking of your thread.

Post 75

Baron Grim

'Salright smiley - ok

Thread drift is compulsory.

Post 76

smiley - biggrin

Have some more smiley - bubbly then. Do you need a hand with the zimmer frame? smiley - smiley

Post 77

Baron Grim

smiley - cheers

Nah, I'm using it to support the beer cooler.

Hey... Tomorrow the DVD will be released. I'll consider that a sixth b'day smiley - gift to meself.

Post 78

Baron Grim

For some strange reason I had this convo bookmarked. Really bookmarked, in my browsers bookmarks, not just in "my convos". (clickied it by mistake)

Anyways, since I'm here I thought I'd smiley - boing it.

smiley - boing(done).

Post 79

broelan

9.9.99 was my hootoo b-day, too, for my alter-ego U89093. Don't remember how it was I came to use this account more, but I'm glad I hung on to the original. smiley - ok

Seven years and counting...

Happy holidays!

Post 80

Shea the Sarcastic

7 years! Hard to believe it's been that long! At least my internet connection is better now than it was 7 years ago! smiley - winkeye

smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more