A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The missing definitive collaborative entry.

Post 21

Baron Grim

What would an entry about Nighthoover even be like? How long would it take someone to go through the Cancel thread to find notable events? Would it include a section on Bunnyfrog, the Skeptic?

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Bunnyfrog would be interesting to read about, but who would write it?

Post 23

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

It would be a task too mammoth, too mouse, and probably too aubergine, for any one girl or boy to contemplate commencing, let alone completing, without the cooperation of many a manifold, selection of carefully random researcher's, able to aid and abet, on the quest, to completition, of the definitive entry. Surely, a foolhardy task or endeavour, without such a remit as to encapsulate the entirety of everything nighthooverly.... or... not... of course> smiley - ermsmiley - biro

Post 24

Any good journalist would tell you to invite comment from the article's subject: Nighthoover herself. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

Post 25

Maria

I tell you how I did a kind of summary from the Daydream Journal. It was easy because there weren´t so many posts.

I explain it in the conversation attached to the entry:

".....This is a kind of collage with the posts people left there. I´ve added some words and a frame.

I first selected the posts, starting with the first one. While I was copying and pasting I started to think about how I could glue all those scraps , then the glue come and before finishing collecting all the material I started to glue some pieces...

the summary:
http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A87769291

So, A Nighthoover entry or collection of entries could be:

- a selection of posts following a plot.

- Ramdom posts selected to make a Dada poem.

-Great moments of that thread that you who participated keep in your hearts...

smiley - teasmiley - biggrin

Post 26

Maria

the other link doesnt work.

the hootoo school of maths: A87769291

Post 27

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

The one obvious flaw . . . within "Cancel", there was no plot.

Post 28

Baron Grim

Heh,...

It's like trying to summarize a drum circle.

Post 29

It's almost 90 degrees F here. We've been Summerized.

Post 30

Baron Grim

"Almost 90°F"...

smiley - laugh

Post 31

It will be 96 in Houston today. We had that a couple of times last week. Boston gets pretty hot and humid in August.

Post 32

Baron Grim

I was dripping sweat after a walk at 7:00am.

smiley - offtopic

BTW... any italics, or former italics, want to break their silence and give us any clues about NightHoover? Or at least explain why NightHoover's PS was nuked from orbit?

Post 33

I hate to be indoors today. It's much cooler in the shade of a huge oak in my backyard. I bring a red rowel out there, lay it on the ground, and sit on it.

It's a day at the beach, minus the beach.

Post 34

the summerisation of the cancel thread, would, I fear, by its nature, be longer than the thread itself, for the plot is a many winding, twisting thing, of many twists and winds, detours, and dead-ends, with diversions and fain moments of unreality amongst the thickly vailed plot and logical progression of the natural destination of the thread, thus far.... a path never ended, always continueing smiley - zen

Post 35

I hope you breathe between commas in your sentences, 2Legs. Otherwise, you wouldn't breathe much. smiley - tongueout

Post 36

Baron Grim

BTW... I'm willing to take a stab at it, but I will need lots of help.

Maybe I can get in "The Zone" and scan through all of Cancel to find trends, sectarian infighting, and major schisms.

But before I comit to such a Herculean task, I need to know that an italic, current or lapsed, will profer some inside info. I'm not asking for any Personally

Post 37

Baron Grim

Damnit.. I touched the wrong thing... to continue from above,..

>>
Identifiable Information. Just some behind the scenes info, not even related to NH's identity, just about what it waa like to keep NH secret, or was there any particular discussion before NH's PS was eeased or was it done as a bulk clearance of abandoned PSes.

Post 38

Baron Grim

Sorry, my thumbs are particularly thick tonight. Even this apology took five corrections.

Post 39

I'd be willing to help smiley - zen and, of course, would be happy to lend a hand formulating the correctifiable nighthooverly gramiticalisations and punctueations requirement in such an entry smiley - headhurtssmiley - cdoublesmiley - weird

Post 40

I think there may be an obstacle in your way: the BBC. They owned H2G2 then, but they don't own it any more. This is someone else's problem now, from their likely perspective.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more