A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The missing definitive collaborative entry.

Post 41

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh... your right! - its a conspiracy from the top!; the BBC?; who are they ultimately... why, of course the government! - and of course, the government, ultimately they're controlled by the pope!, or ... oh nos smiley - run

Post 42

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Unfortunately, this is one conspiracy theory that may have a kernel of truth in it. smiley - sadface

Post 43

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

As I understood it, the loss of many accounts . . . . . including the master of CANCEL . . . . . . happened during the pick-up and activation of accounts by the current management. Nothing to do with BBC stuff

Post 44

smiley - sadface

But Nighthoover's case predated that by quite a few years, didn't it?

Post 45

Baron Grim

I'm not sure. No one noticed when Nighthoover's PS was nuked until an indeterminate time afterwards. It might have happened around the time of the Single Sign On fiasco, or the abortive Redesign, or the MOT, or the transition...

I'd have to dive into Cancel and find the first mention of the Erasure.

Post 46

I didn't know you could do even that much. smiley - shrug

Post 47

Baron Grim

I've gone back as far as 2009. I can't say definitely yet, but I believe it may have been around this time or some time after that the nuking occurred. This might have been during the BBCid kerfuffle.

I did, at a later date, aver strongly that the Erasure happened in the BBC era.

Post 48

I seem to remember 2Legs going on about Nighthoover far earlier than 2009, though.

There seems to have been a poker tournament on facebook, with one of the participants being Nighthoover. I don't know if it's the same Nighthoover as ours. smiley - huh

Post 49

Baron Grim

Oh, Nighthoover smiley - elvised long before 2009. It were 25 September, 2001 to be precise.

I'm just trying to figure out when the Personal Space of U183456 was Erased by some dastardly (or merely clinically inept) smiley - hamster.

Post 50

wibble

smiley - tongueout

(I wonder when the likes of Dragonfly and Shea the Sarcastic elvised? smiley - huh)

Post 51

Orcus

An SEP field....?

You think..... *shock* .....

Nighthoover might be here still after all this time.... just hiding in plain sight? Maybe their personal space too?

smiley - zen

Post 52

Orcus

Talk to Ottox on one of his rare appearances, he can point you to Dragonfly on the book of faces...

Post 53

Orcus

(darn post 20 syndrome there - been a while smiley - rofl)

Post 54

I figured she would be there if she was anywhere. smiley - winkeye

Post 55

Everyone has to be somewhere.
Which, of course, true, both in terms of atomic physics, and psychiologically speaking also, is, of course, the exact start of the universality and enetherability that is nighthoover; For, can an account be truly canceled... can a researcher, be here... then not be here... for all are here, eternally, metaphysically speaking, of course. smiley - zen

Post 56

Baron Grim

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Post 57

I've often wondered when the Nonexistentialist school of philosophy would start up. You go into a shopping mall or town center, and consult a sign with an X marking the spot "You are not here."

smiley - tongueout

Post 58

Our hospital has maps like that. they'll have a map up, near a door into a building... and then not have an X on it to say where you and hence the map your looking at is... - as the same map shows muleiple over-layed floors (numbered oddly), plus external buildings of the massive complex... they are mostly useless... smiley - laugh
I've often found myself in places I wasn't aware I was... smiley - seniorsmiley - drunksmiley - headhurtssmiley - cdouble happistance is often a good thing though; often really very bad, mind smiley - laughsmiley - erm maybe nighthoover is still observing us... from a distance... and from a location... a distant location... smiley - erm
yes... it'd have to be a distant location, afterall all locations are distant, in one respect at least smiley - zensmiley - biro

Post 59

I'm up way too late. How do I know, besides looking at the clock? Because 2Legs is starting to make sense. smiley - tongueout

Post 60

smiley - evilgrin look into my eyes,, and say 'blinco renders useless unintelligible unicorn frog urinations' smiley - zen see... doesn't that feel better? smiley - erm no? Oh... I must have used the wrong lamppost... smiley - dohsmiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more