A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Predictions for 2015

Post 1

The Groob

Well, hello stranglers! It's time for my favourite hardy perennial, the "predictions for the year" thread! Here's your chance to predict what's going to go down in the coming year, 2015. Who will win the election? How many points will Chelsea win the league by? Will Wham! get back together? Will there be a global pandemic? A nuclear war? You can be as sensible or as silly as you like, and I look forward to seeing your efforts all come true in 2015!

Happy predicting!

Predictions for 2015

Post 2

Maria

Mario Draghi, current president of the european central bank,ECB, will tell,publicly, (despite it is well known already) that he and his team in Goldman Sachs made up Greece finances so that it could enter the eurozone and the looting could start.
He, on behalf of the Troika ( IMF, the European Comission and the ECB) will let Greece free and give it back all the stolen.
He will also say how sorry they are for the endless pain inflicted to the greek population . A remembrance tree will be planted in honour of those who committed suicide because of the ruthless living conditions they had to suffer because of the troika´s psychopatic policies.

He will congratulate Spaniards for having voted Podemos and the new horizon of hope ahead.

And the British too, since, contrary to poll surveys, The Party British Citizens, a coalition of the Green Party and grassroots movements, formed during a few months before the polls, will have won the elections.

UKIP will disappear from the political scene, Tories, Labour and Lib
will be on the verge of extinction.

A prime-time news tv presenter will flop her breast out of the blue and will mimic breastfeeding a babytoy, as a protest against those idiots who think that breast only have a purpose.

smiley - tea

Predictions for 2015

Post 3

Maria

edit:

will feed a real baby

Predictions for 2015

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I predict the end of a world, though not necessarily this one. smiley - smiley

Predictions for 2015

Post 5

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Race riots in America. I hope I'm wrong. smiley - blue

smiley - pirate

Predictions for 2015

Post 6

The new Star Wars movie will be terrible. J.J. Abrams will be to blame.

smiley - pirate

Predictions for 2015

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Riots in the streets of London... again... Maybe at the cutbacks... maybe just at the government, or seemingly for not any particular reason smiley - yikes
The UK government will change.... but no one will notice any real differnce...
Something even fore terrible, and aweful will follow in the footsteps of X-factor, and that dancing thinggy.... and it'll be even more aweful smiley - groansmiley - erm Un-deniable evidence of inteligent life will be found.... somwhere.... anywhere in the galaxy/universe smiley - alienfrownsmiley - zen

Predictions for 2015

Post 8

bobstafford

Un-deniable evidence of inteligent life will be found.... somwhere.... anywhere in the galaxy/universe .... Well its no good looking here smiley - cheers

War in northern Africa will spread, and religious terrorism will escalate
smiley - sadface.
The illegal immigrant issue will cause some vigorous protests in the UK.

And 2 legs Prof will win the LOTTO smiley - ok

Predictions for 2015

Post 9

Why would the U.K. care? Are they having immigration problems of their own? How could they, when they're an island and you can't just easily walk in?

smiley - pirate

Predictions for 2015

Post 10

swl

Oh don't go there. Can kicked, worms out all uber der platz.

Predictions for 2015

Post 11

Pink Paisley

The emerging political party here in the UK, UKIP Raving Loony Raving Loonies, exist almost entirely because foreigners keep coming here.

Where were UKIP when we were invaded by Celts, Romans, Germans, Vikings, Germans, Normans, Danes, Hugenots and goodneess knows who else. But never mind, UKIP have arrived just in time before we are tainted here in this small island by Johnny Foreigner.

Leave Europe, drain the English Channel, dig a moat and fill it with water I reckon.

PP.

Predictions for 2015

Post 12

Bald Bloke

Followed by Chuck UKIP in it,
then Backfill

Predictions for 2015

Post 13

Bald Bloke

And since PP is here

AFC get through to the fourth round smiley - smiley

Predictions for 2015

Post 14

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Liz and /or Phil will finally croak. Someone will finally realise that Brucie is a creepy old man and lock him away for crimes against entertainment.

I will give birth to my second child.

Andy Murry will lose Wimbledon and retire from tennis.

There will be even more super hero movies announced.

Disney will make another blockbuster and 'Frozen' will finally go away.

Predictions for 2015

Post 15

"Where were UKIP when we were invaded by Celts, Romans, Germans, Vikings, Germans, Normans, Danes, Hugenots and goodness knows who else."

You do realize you've included the native inhabitants in that, right? smiley - devil

smiley - pirate

Predictions for 2015

Post 16

Pink Paisley

'AFC get through to the fourth round smiley - smiley'

Oh, I wish. (BTW - madness! We are subsidising Liverpool! They get 15% of the tickets and 45% of the gate money goes back to Merseyside).

My prediction? Whatever the result, Wombles will make a hell of a row on 3rd Jan.

PP.

Predictions for 2015

Post 17

" they're an island and you can't just easily walk in?" [Mr X]

15,000 years ago, sea levels would have been low enough for travelling by foot from the continent to England. In more recent times, an underwater tunnel [the Chunnel] was dug so trains could move between the continent and England. Why "walk" when you can ride? smiley - winkeye

In any event, there are very few places, even on remote islands, that haven't been travelled to from somewhere else. In the remote past, India kicked out a group that later formed the gypsies or Roma. Famines, war, and religious persecution have sent millions of people scrambling for places where they can get a better shake, or just manage to survive. This has sometimes been hard on the people who are already there when they arrive, i.e. the Aztecs, Incas, and other indigenous peoples. Intermarriage has sometimes preserved bloodlines. Moctezuma [whom we know as Montezuma] has living descendants, for instance.

Predictions for 2015

Post 18

I know. That was not my question.

smiley - pirate

Predictions for 2015

Post 19

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Just remember that when you are asked 'What is your purpose in visiting the UK, you should not tell them that you are intending to share a few pints in a pub, with good friends that you have not actually metsmiley - facepalm

Other than that immigration is fairly easy.

F smiley - dolphin S

PS The Celts had to come from somewheresmiley - shrug

Predictions for 2015

Post 20

Probably Romania. On their way west, they put down roots in France, too. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more