A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 1

Icy North

I love a beer in the evening, but if I'm driving I don't touch the stuff, naturally. The trouble is - let's face it - most soft drinks are girly.

What's the most manly soft drink?

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 2

swl

American Ginger Ale & Tabasco - puts hairs on your chest.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 3

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Irn Bru. It's made from girders.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 4

Orcus

Dunno but I recall we worked out at students that diet apple tango was the girliest (although we may have applied an alternative epithet at the time smiley - winkeye)

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 5

HonestIago

Diet Coke - it takes a real man to put up with the grief you'll get for drinking it. Also, to put up with the taste, but that's a different story.

I'm always interested in the Coke Zero/Pepsi Max versions of manliness shown in their adverts: the former seems to be being a granny-servicing Shrek lookalike and the latter a duplicitous, boorish moron who much rather spend time with good-looking (in a very boring way) men who wear far too much make-up, than with women.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 6

Xanatic

I have a bottle next to me of an energy drink with a label showing the black silhouette of a running horse, with flames around it. Problem is, it also tastes like something that´s been through a horse.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

I never knew there were manly and girly soft drinks. smiley - bigeyes

I'm not sure we have them here. Only in England, really...smiley - run

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 8

swl

The ewif tells me energy drinks are for girls. Why would men need a drink that stops periods?

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 9

Xanatic

Bel: Have you ever tried Cherry Cola? Very girly.

As for a manly soft drink, perhaps one consisting of nothing but taurine. That stuff is originally from bulls after all.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 10

Mu Beta

The most manly is definitely ginger beer. Not ginger ale. The proper stuff that makes your tongue tingle and your palate crinkle.

A Mormon friend of mine used to drink a pint of Coke with squirty cream in the top to make it look a Guinness.

B

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 11

Xanatic

I don´t know if you can buy it in cans, but what about cactus juice? It seems Western-like and it even has a dark army green colour.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 12

anhaga

Prune juice.

A warrior's drink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzbKe6_DN4

smiley - smiley

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

Cherry coke? Sounds ghastly. But then I'm not much of a lemonade/soft drink person. If I can't have wine or apple wine (or even beer), I'll have sparkling water. Or coffee. smiley - biggrin

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Tonic water, neat. Coffee, Black, or Fentimans ginger beer, or, just plain water. smiley - erm or, pink cherry cola, with lime, a touch of lemon juice, tonic or soda water, a drop of valinna essence and a cherry on a cocktail stick... yeh... that's probably the most manly... smiley - erm or not smiley - erm

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 15

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Serve him right!

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 16

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Damn. Post 21. That in response to Mu Beta's faux Guinness-drinking Mormon pal.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 17

Mu Beta

anhaga - did you mean "prune juice - a worrier's drink"?

It always fills me with trepidation, I tell you.

B

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 18

Peanut

the soft drinks of your choice, just sup in a manly way, own those drinks Icy smiley - biggrin

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 19

Orcus

>The most manly is definitely ginger beer<

I'm trying to work out if this is trying to be ironic or not smiley - laugh

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 20

Effers;England.

Ribena Express.

Doesn't actually exist but if I had to market one that'd be what I'd call it.

I kind of imagine it appealing to male vegetarians and 'little Timmy Henman' types smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post