A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 121

Xanatic

Which fandom? Isn´t that about the same as machismo, all bark and no bite?
I admit I´ve never actually had an espresso, I was just commenting on the visual look of it. It just seems dainty to drink from such tiny cups.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 122

elderberry

>>Alcohol amplifies emotions - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Since when did 'being emotional' have anything to do with 'being manly'?

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 123

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

Not. Not at all. Misbehaving after a few too many makes a nuisance of any person of whatever sex. Been one myself, and ashamed next morning.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 124

Icy North

smiley - offtopic"What's the most manly soft drink" is the new Quote of the Week smiley - smiley </smiley - offtopic>

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 125

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Didn't even know they'd started doing QotW again.
"Gar" is mainly an anime forum thing. Reportedly, it first appeared when someone meant to post that a male character seemed pretty gay, the which statement would prompt widespread consternation. However, a typo meant that the actual post said "pretty gar", allowing another poster to quip that "gar" must mean "extremely manly and heroic"... smiley - laugh
The truly gar hero would have only four emotions: anger, arousal, determination and surprise. As such, any heightening of emotions due to alcohol would be problematic. Fortunately, garness also includes having a monumental tolerance for alcohol.
For you consideration, I offer a Chuck Norris TRUFAX: "Chuck Norris does not sleep, he waits."

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 126

Effers;England.

>Since when did 'being emotional' have anything to do with 'being manly'?<

Oh crikey, good point...not since Viking warriors were going 'berserk'.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 127

And that wasn´t drink related. Fly Araric, mushrooms. Allegedly.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 128

Agaric, typo - sorry.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 129

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Actually...surely that *was* drink related? They got their reindeer to consume their fly agarics before consuming them.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 130

smiley - okRight.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 131

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Much the same as Tennants lager.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 132

elderberry

>>since Viking warriors were going 'berserk'.

Why is 'going beserk' manly?

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 133

Effers;England.

Oh just using a bit of feminine intuition.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 134

kuzushi

>>booze doesn't boost our masculinity.<<
It does. Feminity as well.>>

Alcohol raises women's testosterone levels, making them hornier apparently.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 135

swl

Makes them better looking too.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 136

Ladies don´t need chemistry to make me smiley - loveblush. They just are.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 137

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

I know of a 'near not not quite' manliest soft drink. It's an energy drink called Bulldog Buzz, with close to double the concentration of caffiene as the rest.

It fails because in Canada, where it's originally from, it's sold as Beaver Buzz.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 138

The berserker thing - I seem to remember it translates as "fur wearers" - thick fur is good protection against swordblows, and the berserkers were the Vikings´ stormtroopers - fits.
And fly agaric, like some other plants and funghi, contains lots of LSA, the stuff LSD is derived from. Makes sense to me.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 139

Xanatic

Ber is Bear, serk is a form of clothing. However I´m not sure you would be allowed to sell soft drinks containing fly agaric.

Manly Soft Drinks

Post 140

I wouldn´t. And even less would I store it where my girlfriend can get at it.smiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - run

Key: Complain about this post