A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 141

Afrael (keeper of angelic guidance)

Excuse me for butting in, but that made me laugh more than anything else all day...

Congratulations Tigerlily, I read this thread when it started, but was too shy to say anything...kids are the most exciting thing... they say it's the best and worst decision you make...I'd love to have some, but, current genetics making that a little difficult, it'd be great to follow your pregnancy vicariously... In a caring way, obviously...

Many smiles and good thoughts

A

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 142

TIGERLILY

Thanks Afrael!
I'm happy to share the experience with you all but I do draw the line at the web cam idea as mentioned before!! I've not been suffering from morning sickness and I'm only just getting fat so I'm still feeling pretty 'normal' at the moment (and believe me I'm savouring the feeling!) I'm getting excited thinking about next weeks scan - can anybody tell me how to scan a photo onto my homepage?
Bye for now - it's so nice to know you care! (Hormones make me feel all sentimental *sniff*)

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 143

I think regular tears at work are a good thing. None of this "leave your home life at home" nonsense. Bring it on! Maybe we could all have a cry-in, I could do with a bit of cartharsis.

*feels moved at TL's moved-ness*

smiley - smiley

A

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 144

TIGERLILY

*noisily blows nose into hanky*
I'm terrible. I see a television commercial and I want to cry, I'm moved by everything around me.... then there's my other side, the OTHER Tigerlily *growls* the nasty, hateful, evil Tigerlily that sits at her desk dreaming up ways to slowly torture her boss with a stapler, box of paper clips and a Stabilo Boss highlighter pen.... is this normal?

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 145

Is it normal? Absolutely, healthy even... It's the staple *remover* you want to work into your plan...

As for crying, I cry talking to my boyfriend, at songs on the radio, adverts...

On the subject of your pregnancy (and of course there is more to TL than your fertility... smiley - smiley)...but...you know that thing about wierd foods...get any of that?

Just being nosey, I guess..

A

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 146

Cloviscat

Re the piccy: it depends if you've got access to a scanner:

1. Get a copy of your piccy - a .jpg file will do and then
2. Find someone who has some space on the net (many ISPs include this in the standard package) It can go on a page that isn't linked to anything else (like my Cloviscat pictures) and you then
356666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666664 (That was meant to be a '3.' - guess who stood on the key board smiley - bigeyes)
3. Put the picture link into your GuideML
There's no point going into detail about 3 until you've figured 1 and 2

It's easy. Honest smiley - smiley

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 147

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Regarding that post from Xanatic? I always thought that necrophilia was dead boring.........

Sorry about that folks I couldn't resist it.

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 148

Mostly Harmless

LOL smiley - smiley

That's sick sick sick!

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 149

Xanatic(phenomena phreak)

Hehe, have I now been judged a necrophiliac? Well, at least it´s easy winning the arguments you have with your partner that way smiley - smiley But I don´t want to look at a decaying corpse. It´s just compared to a birth with blood and fluids and everything, it´s just so very yucky smiley - smiley But newborn babys are really cute though.

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 150

Zaphod B.

So how do you do?????
I´m working in a kindergaden and I love children. maybe the only thing worth living for. the reason??? There´s nothing else we leave on this world and no other way to change the world...

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 151

TIGERLILY

Hi Cloviscat! Long time no speak, thanks for the scan advice.

Weird food cravings, no I haven't had any of that although I think this happens later in the pregnancy. I can just imagine myself in front of the TV with this huge bump, sucking on a piece of coal!

Xanatic, I completely agree with you. I've been told some women ....erm, how do I say?... 'do a toilet' while they're pushing
smiley - sadface and then there's the waters breaking, the blood and the placenta. I watched this programme once and this woman did her last push and the baby flew out along with all this blood and 'stuff' which I assume was the afterbirth - I very nearly threw up! It was the grimmest thing I had ever seen. Then again I'm sure I'll be in far too much pain to care what I've 'passed' on the hospital bed sheets (yeugh!)

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 152

(this morning I cried at Radio 2 thought for the day, *and* a Kenny Rogers song... maybe I'm having sympathetic pregnancy emotions, or something...)

Oooh, and on the subject of pushing...eeewww! I thought birth was noble... yet again life surprises me by being a lot more bloody and full of poo than I otherwise thought, whilst also giving us the promise of hope for the future... Wow, what a metaphor for 10:20 in the morning...

I know it's early, but are you birthing at home or hospital? Water birth? Or full back-up drugs?

smiley - smiley

A

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 153

TIGERLILY

'bloody and full of poo' hahahahahaha!!!!
I'm having the baby at Guys Hospital in London and when they bring me in I'll be screaming 'GIVE ME THE DRUGS!! GIVE ME THE DRUGS!!' I really don't see why it's necessary to suffer in this day and age. I think someone else said it in a previous posting that having a drug free painful birth doesn't make you a better mother - just a sore one I guess!
Oh and Kenny Rogers!? Are you insane? Although it's possible I'd cry of laughter listening to Kenny Rogers!

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 154

Rainbow

Tigerlily, it sometimes works the other way - with my second child, I got a terrible 'urge', but with one push out popped at baby!! The midwife and all the nurses were having a coffee break and my husband was still in the pub, so I just lay there until someone wandered in. Then of course major panic broke out......you're not allowed to have a baby on your own - your supposed to wait until the staff have finished their break.

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 155

TIGERLILY

Coffee break!? There'll be no bloody coffee breaks from MY delivery room I can tell you! You were left on your own, screaming in agony while they all went off for a coffee!? I think that's terrible. What was your husband doing down the pub? Aren't they supposed to do that AFTER the baby's born!?
*speechless*

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 156

Gnomon - time to move on

Welcome to the wonderful world of maternity hospitals! My wife got "You're not really in labour. Those aren't real contractions. Real contractions are much bigger than those" (she was and they were). A friend got "Where's the anaesthetist? He's at home, but he'll be here in about 2 hours. You picked this hospital because there's supposed to be an anaesthetist on duty 24 hours a day? But it's Christmas!".

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 157

Hati

I got my first baby in the hospital where the roomtemperature was 13 degrees C. All the stuff was sitting in their own room, because it was too cold for them in my room. I was in labour for 12 hours without drugs (midwife said, drugs are no good) and I lost my voice for 3 weekssmiley - smiley

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 158

TIGERLILY

That's awful! Did you go back and make them pay once you had recovered, I know I would!

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 159

"Coffee break!? There'll be no bloody coffee breaks from MY delivery room I can tell you! "

*laughs uproariously*

Pregnant with child !!!!

Post 160

and hey, Kenny rules..

and it *was* a very sad song..

Maybe it's a throwback to my Texan childhood...

*thinks...*

Ok, maybe it's *me* that's sad...

A

Key: Complain about this post