A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's the best thing in the world?

Post 21

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

smiley - winkeye

Post 22

Paladin of the Lost Hour

The definition of "a good woman" is entirely up to he who has found a good woman. Since no man or woman is alike, no one person's defintion of "a good woman", or, for that matter, a "good man", will be the same. What do you think a "good woman (or man)" is?

Post 23

tabatha

Im still voting with chocolate. Being in the middle of consuming an entire block of cadbury 'Honey Nougat' i would have to say that it rates pretty highly with me!!

Post 24

Is mise Duncan

Sentience - not a lot is very useful without it.

Post 25

Wand'rin star

"The price of a good woman is above rubies" if that's any help/

Post 26

Mostly Harmless

HEY

What about us men.. Isn't our love worth anything..

Everybodys talking about the love of a good woman or chocolate, but isn't my love a good thing.

Post 27

adeve

Mostly Harmless, haven't you heard that according to some survey, we women prefer chocolate to men... (Can't remeber where I read that...). As for me, I haven't decided yet. Chocolate or love... hmmm... difficult, especially if you throw in some Fazer's Blue milk chocolate.

In my opinion, most chocolates are way too sweet, I'll get sick after eating too much of them, but Fazer's choc is mild, not-too-sweet and you can eat as much as you want. (Try combining it with salmiac, which actually is my 3rd choice.)

Post 28

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I would know about you personally, Mostly Harmless, but I can verify that the love of a good man is worth every bit as much as the love of a good woman. smiley - winkeye

Perhaps the above respondents and the soothsayers they quoted were primarily straight men.

Post 29

Manticore

The best thing in life is to sleep.
Name one problem that you care about while you're sleepin.
It's good for you, for the people within your range of stupid comments and for the world itself, 'cause you will produce less CO2 while you're sleeping.
Maybe Death is better, but I haven't tried it yet.
And of course I have to tell you:
The worst thing in life is Vogon Poetry smiley - smiley

Post 30

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Sitting on a remote beach in Wales, watching the acrobatics of the birds, the sinuous motion of the dolphins, being studied with extreme curiosity by seals either just after dawn or just after sunset.

The smile & giggles of a baby first thing in the morning & getting totally blitzed to some good hard rock.

You can keep your chocolate, I don't like the stuff, give me kiwi fruit and lots of it!!!!

Post 31

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I'll have none of your CDM, or your Hershey's, or even your phallic Belgian choccies. As far as I'm concerned, it's Green and Black's Maya Gold by a country mile. It's organic, it's fairtrade, and it's de-bloody-licious. It's also 2 quid a bar or thereabouts, and worth every penny.

BTW, my friend's Jack Russell once scoffed half a bar of the stuff. A terrier with a sugar rush is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, but I've since found out that chocolate can be harmful, even poisenous to dogs, so don't try this at home!

Post 32

Mostly Harmless

Thank you Fragilis.

In the male dominated world sometime the view from the other side is overlook or emitted. As a straight man I have only known the love of women, but I always try to see things from other view points as well as my own. Then I usually do or say something to make things more interesting. smiley - winkeye

So maybe making life more interesting is the best thing in the world or is it doing something new and exciting. smiley - winkeyesmiley - bigeyes

Post 33

Aurora

Where's the remote beach in Wales. That would maybe rate second for me in the best thing in the world. Pembrokshire beaches are great!
Maybe it rates above chocolate.
And I just realised that, yes, sleep is wonderful, but you only believe it when you've been woken up too early.

Post 34

Jimi X

That's my mother in-law. And there's nothing good about her other than her daughter.

Post 35

The Tucan

It's a Belgian choclate shaped like a Norwegian woman

Post 36

Paladin of the Lost Hour

Um...hm.

The best thing in the world could be a purring kitten curled up next to your head while you sleep...

Free stuff rates high on the list, too. smiley - smiley

Post 37

Aurora

Kittens come highly on my list too, but I'm not allowed a cat.. smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Post 38

Paladin of the Lost Hour

smiley - sadface Indeed!

What awful law of nature prevents you from owning (or being owned by) a cat?

Or is it a law of man?

Post 39

GreeboTCat

Hmmm... the best thing in the world are doughnuts... closely followed by a cold glass of milk... ~grin~

Post 40

Trillian's child

O yes, I agree with cats. I once had a happiness orgasm while I was cuddling our new kitten, (who has now turned into a right bitch of a cat, which just shows how ephemeral happiness can be) - anyway I was cuddling the kitten, looking out of the window where all my 3 sons and at least three of their friends were all climbing our walnut tree and playing happily together, and on the radio it was "Wonderful Life" by Black.

Happiness is children playing happily and kittens purring in your ear.

And being cuddled by a nice big strong bloke blocking out all the dangers of the world and making you feel warm and protected.

Key: Complain about this post