A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 181

Special Agent Poops

Its been superceded by amino-protein complexes and pro-retinol A.

Post 182

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

and Pro-tensium.

Post 183

A Super Furry Animal

You're not keeping up with the times, Special Agent...these days they're using co-resistium technology! smiley - winkeye

What! They just *made that up*, surely?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 184

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Well according to 75% (of the 52) women sampled pro-tensium gave an instant tautening effect.

smiley - wow Mush rush out and get some.

Post 185

F F Churchton

Eight out of ten cats agree!!!

Post 186

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Tautening? I take it this is the main effectification of applicationising the cream.

Post 187

invisibleknight

Cillit bang! yes.
the 1st thing he says is "Hi, I'm Barry Scott" and I think, and Why am I supposed to know you and why do I even care. Now let's turn the tv over.

Post 188

invisibleknight

Adverts for a mascara the makers claim can make my lashes look X amount of times thicker, X amount of times longer.
Yep, again. If you really want long eyelashes just start taking the medication I'm on for glaucoma (azopt), it makes the eyelashes grow long, thick and mentally fast!

Post 189

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

A Grauniad thing about Cilit Bang:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/columnists/story/0,,1596422,00.html

That's the third time I've posted that on HooToo! Odd how these things crop up.

Post 190

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1585687,00.html

Hmmm.

Post 191

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Why does the guy in the cillit bang ad need to shout? I could understand if he was advertising earing aids.

Post 192

A Super Furry Animal

Yeah, seen the first article before. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh? smiley - winkeye

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 193

Could it be a subtle ploy?

'Is Barry Scott too loud? Try a pair of Barry Barriers by Scott Gone, from the people that brought you Cilit Bang.'

Post 194

Special Agent Poops

Yeah I guess I am getting a bit behind.... I think maybe I need to get some more fruit micro-oils into my hair (because the fruit oils in my usual shampoo are too large).

Or maybe I need some friendly bacteria to top-up the good bacteria in my "tummy". But I just don't know which is best - Bifidus digestivum or L. casei immunitas! Oh the dilemma!! smiley - bigeyes

Oh yeah and of course some Cillit Bang to get rid of all those chunks of calcium I've got lying around...

Post 195

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

WKD. The first 400 times the idiots doing slo-mo wrestling was quite amusing, but enough already!

(Though nothing beats the sheer irritation of the Nasdaq adverts that were run during NFL games for years...smiley - grr

Though I *do* like the new Wickes ads running during premniership football on Australian Broadcasting atm.

smiley - shark

Post 196

That Carling advert with the two blokes racing back to their flat to get to the recliner first... there are several things wrong with it.
Firstly, the usual implication that all men are obsessed with lager, football and comfort and will go through Hell to get them.
Secondly, the flat shown is far too small for two people to share without killing each other.
Thirdly, why don't they just get two smaller, but still comfortable chairs? This will a) give them more room in the flat and b) stop them behaving like morons.

Am I over-analysing this too much? Probably.

Post 197

F F Churchton

The worst shouty advert is for an advert no-one has seen outside Adelaide. I talk of the Weyville showgrounds.

Imagine an auctioneer trying to give you reasons to buy factory outlet carpets for two minutes. If you haven't got a headache after that you must be on some strong medication!!!

Post 198

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

No, Coalseal Windows! 'You buy one, you get one free! I say you buy one, you get one free!'.

smiley - ale

Post 199

*Shudder*

The Coldseal bloke frightens me.

Removed

Post 200

invisibleknight

This post has been removed.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more