Post 2

The_Apple_Woman...being conscientious & objective

I have wondered that myself.
You could yikes it.
What do you want to edit?

no subject

Post 3

MarkoNachoman

Anything at all... how do you 'yikes' something??

no subject

Post 4

The best thing for you to do would be to go to the Front Page space in the top left hand corner where when it goes 'ping' smiley - dontpanic you will the find the h2g2 information button.

You may see the yikes button at the bottom of this box.
9 times out of 10 they may see fit not to edit it. Now that I have told you that 'they' will because 'they' don't like me and will do everything in their power to prove me wrong.

Have a nice day smiley - ok

no subject

Post 5

It's the turquoise one in the bottom left hand corner. smiley - yawn

no subject

Post 6

MarkoNachoman

The Authorities are against us! A scandal!

no subject

Post 7

SEF

NB The colour, naming and location of buttons, icons and links on h2g2 varies from skin to skin.

no subject

Post 8

Hello SEF smiley - hug

SEF is one of the most helpful people on h2g2 nachoman smiley - smiley

no subject

Post 9

Wilma Neanderthal

The yikes button is not to be used for editing purposes. It is an emergency button for entries and posts that break the house rules.

To edit an entry, you need to post the details to Editorial Feedback.

W

no subject

Post 10

SEF

Hmm... Normally, on h2g2, the word "entry" means an article page. You can edit those anyway if they are your own. The edit button should be visible on the page somewhere. Other people's entries are generally off-limits though - unless they are in the Edited Guide (or are Help Pages etc), in which case your advice to post to <./>Feedback-Editorial</.> applies.

It is very rare that a post will be edited after posting, apart from in cases where the moderators are called in (via the yikes button) to mutilate it or hide it completely. Editorial Feedback is definitely not the right place to complain about or ask for changes to posts.

no subject

Post 11

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

The newbie has now been safely ACE'd.. without the Apple Womans interference..

no subject

Post 12

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - ok Lil & SEF
W

no subject

Post 13

See what I mean Nachoman?
Wilma totally ignored my existence. smiley - cry

no subject

Post 14

Elentari

No, Wilma clearly referred to what you'd said about using the yikes button to edit posts and corrected that.

no subject

Post 15

Lil & SEF
W
is what she said. I really can't be bothered with any of you any more you don't even try to understand people with learning difficulties. I know a few people that have been depressed from this website. It is a pity you don't take more time and trouble to try to understand them.

no subject

Post 16

Brown Eyed Girl

From what I've seen, you bleat on and on about having learning difficulties and are only too happy to lay blame for *anything* on anyone else, rather than taking responsibility for your own actions. I have never found Wilma or Lil anything less than completely understanding, helpful and sympathetic. You are by no means the only person on this website with learning difficulties or mental health problems.

no subject

Post 17

Gnomon - time to move on

Apple Woman, you should perhaps read the help page relating to the Yikes button and find out what it is for, before offering advice to other people.

Thread Moved

Post 18

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Challenge h2g2 ' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Thread Moved

Post 19

I know what the 'yikes' button is for.

Thread Moved

Post 20

Fizzymouse- no place like home

That being the case why on earth were you encouraging a newcomer to use it in an attempt to edit an EGE.smiley - huh

Very smiley - weird behaviour. smiley - erm

smiley - mouse

Key: Complain about this post