A Conversation for Ask h2g2

useless facts

Post 1601

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Nope. Sharks definitely can. There's one type (Tiger I think) that can vomit at will.

useless facts

Post 1602

A Super Furry Animal

How does ability to vomit equate to being intelligent (i.e. the dolphins)?

>> There's one type (Tiger I think) that can vomit at will. <<

I'll definitely keep out of their way, then. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's being puked on by a shark.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

useless facts

Post 1603

<>

If it does the scary drunks in the town centre must be geniuses... they vomit all the time.

useless facts

Post 1604

pffffft

<>

hmmm hmmm. not just to vomit. but to be able to vomit underwater equates to intelligence. and I think the equation can be best understood if you consider two key facts.

1/ Do you consider yourself intelligent?

and

2/ If so, do you honestly think you could?

And as for Tiger Sharks being able blah blah blah, i think you are on a wind up amigo. there's no such thing as Tiger Sharks. everyone knows that the onl equatic 'Tigers' are prawns.

2/ That being so,

useless facts

Post 1605

No such thing as Tiger Sharks?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/180.shtml
Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

By the way, there's no such word as equatic.smiley - tongueout

useless facts

Post 1606

pffffft

smiley - tongueout

Oh I bet theres a team of website writers out there having a laugh right now. That was obviously put up as a drunken bet. Although factually prety much correct, they have just substituted the word 'prawn' for the word 'shark'

I was particularly interested in the bit at the bottom, and I quote

Behaviour
Tiger sharks are solitary except for when breeding. The female gives birth to between 10 and 80 pups, which are completely independent at birth.

Tiger sharks are second to great whites as the record holders of attacks on humans. This is partly due to their occurrence in shallow waters and their indiscriminate feeding habits.

They can reach speeds of 20 mph and can travel up to 50 miles a day.

It is physically impossible for a tiger shark to vomit underwater.

Hand hi ham quite aware thet ther is no such wurd has equatic, hi hof course ment aquatic but was typing with a posh haccent

*runs away*

useless facts

Post 1607

<>

It disnae say that anywhere... and I maintain that there is definitely a species of shark (possibly Tiger) that can vomit at will. I distinctly remember reading it in a book on sharks that I got for Christmas at the age of 11 or 12.

useless facts

Post 1608

pffffft

Distinctly?

'A boys bumper book of Sharks' and 'A boys bumper book of Prawns' are not entirely dissimilar titles you know. Was the foreword by Terry Nutkins? he was the don when it came to prawns he was.

useless facts

Post 1609

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

I think this rates as useless

http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/releases/m7256.html

useless facts

Post 1610

Cheerful Dragon

With a surname like 'Nutkins' he really ought to be an expert on squirrels! smiley - tongueout

useless facts

Post 1611

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Cats can vomit at willsmiley - run

useless facts

Post 1612

Baron Grim

I'd hate to be Will.

useless facts

Post 1613

pffffft

<>

not underwater they can't

useless facts

Post 1614

Bet they can.

useless facts

Post 1615

Baron Grim

This just in...

Much of the information on plagiarism on the web site for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh's Writing Center was lifted verbatim from Purdue University's web site.

useless facts

Post 1616

pffffft

<>

smiley - tongueout

oh right, next it'll be "did you know that in my book it tells you that you can get 'Cat Sharks' as well" Like the 'Tiger' ones that pewk underwater but they also have the ablity to lick their own aquatic bottoms.

*sighs*

*links arms with the tinman, a scarecrow and a cowardly lion*

prawns and tigers and cats oh my!

useless facts

Post 1617

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

What about dog sharks? Can they puke underwater or do they only lick their bloddox?

useless facts

Post 1618

Swodahs Neetriht

For the second time now, I've accidentally unsubscribed from this conversation. (Sigh). But by all means, don't let that get in the way of your discussion on puking sharks. I'm intrigued.

useless facts

Post 1619

Cheerful Dragon

There's no cat shark, AFAIK, but catfish are related to sharks. There is also a dogfish shark.

useless facts

Post 1620

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

No, dogfish are members of the shark family. And tasty.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more