A Conversation for Ask h2g2

useless facts

Post 2881

Dai the Death, "My other sink's a Porsche"

Phrases commonly heard at a dental surgery which suddenly take on a new meaning:

Open wide!

It's only a little prick.

You may experience some discomfort.

Spit please!

useless facts

Post 2882

How

I think the highest rate of suicide among medical practitioners is for dentists...

useless facts

Post 2883

Baron Grim

The suicide rate for dentists is above average, but it is not necessarily the highest. Medical doctors in general have higher rates and female medical doctors in particular are even higher.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010420.html

useless facts

Post 2884

Sir Reginald Armageddon KwikSave. Lord Mayor of Berkhampstead

They must feel guilty about only being able to afford to treat private patients. Poor lambs...

useless facts

Post 2885

airscotia-back by popular demand

The lamb was often used as a pictoral representation of Jesus in the Middle Ages (when the majority of the populace was illiterate). This coming from the fact Jesus was seen as the sacrificial Lamb of God. It's also why we have a pub called the lamb and flag.

The Ferret and Ferkin was, of course, the work of the devil.

useless facts

Post 2886

A Super Furry Animal

>> They must feel guilty about only being able to afford to treat private patients. Poor lambs...<<

Yeah. That's why they kill themselves.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

useless facts

Post 2887

TheBunny

"Estoy con la bicicleta" (literally, "I am with the bicycle") means "I have bad diarrhoea" in the slums of Lima.

useless facts

Post 2888

Could this be because when you look in your grundles you think "Crikey, that's tanned 'em"?smiley - erm

useless facts

Post 2889

TheBunny

useless facts

Post 2890

Wilma Neanderthal

Posted 48 Minutes Ago by TheBunny

smiley - online2long

useless facts

Post 2891

Wilma Neanderthal

Aaaagh! you caught me out - yes I am cr*p at cut'n'paste
W

useless facts

Post 2892

TheBunny

Makes it more fun when we finally decipher what you said!

Afghanistan is the world's largest exporter of raisins.

useless facts

Post 2893

AgProv2

I did hear that the best way to secure oneself against shark attack is to have a tattoo along the lines of "Stockport County for the Premiership!" or "Jeffrey Archer is really quite a good original novelist", as no self-respecting shark is ever going to swallow that....

useless facts

Post 2894

AgProv2

"The lamb was often used as a pictoral representation of Jesus in the Middle Ages (when the majority of the populace was illiterate). This coming from the fact Jesus was seen as the sacrificial Lamb of God. It's also why we have a pub called the lamb and flag."

I went to school with a girl called Agnes Day...

useless facts

Post 2895

Galigan

smiley - erm

useless facts

Post 2896

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - laugh

in translation then:

TheBunny:
"Estoy con la bicicleta" (literally, "I am with the bicycle") means "I have bad diarrhoea" in the slums of Lima.

airscotia:
Could this be because when you look in your grundles you think "Crikey, that's tanned 'em"?

Grundles = poopy product
tanned 'em = tandem = bike = smiley - erm = smiley - roflsmiley - somersault

That makes us sad, Galigan, not you! Imagine having such a warped mind that you'd get this first time ... or think to write it in the first place smiley - laugh

*spies airscotia lurking*

smiley - yikessmiley - run

W

useless facts

Post 2897

Almost perfect Wilma, with one correction. Grundles is slang, (round this 'ere part of the world) for underpants.smiley - winkeye

It was disgusting, childish and purile of me............i'm rather proud.smiley - laugh

useless facts

Post 2898

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - laugh
Hi there, airscotia! Thanks fo the correction! smiley - ta

*licks pencil*

*writes carefully in spelling book*

"grundles" = "nasty knickers"

*looks up*

What part of the world is that, again, airscotia?

to look at airscoia's ps

W
smiley - magic

useless facts

Post 2899

A Super Furry Animal

The names given to underwear vary according to region, countr, and language. I spy a new thread coming on! F19585?thread=2039158

RFsmiley - evilgrin

useless facts

Post 2900

AYEBEE PW - RIP TERRI

i have another theory bout the 'i am with my bicycle' quote.

it's to save embarassment for the poor sod who has really bad diarrhoea...
'erm... i am with my bicycle'.. (in case you're wondering why i'm wearing these bicycle clips..

and RF.
pants,
skanks,
jocks,
knickers
kaks
(just to start yiz off)

none of the above, are vomitable by any seafaring creatures, but i'm still sceptical bout the polar bears

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post