Researcher PSG

Explain your name

Post 22

Whisky

smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - drunk
Do I really have to say more?

Explain your name

Post 23

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

smiley - laugh

Mine's an old nickname from grade school, my real name being Amanda. When I joined, there was already an Amanda, so I fell back on the nickname.

Horridly boring, sorry.

Explain your name

Post 24

Alison (ACE)

A mixture of my first name, my 42ism and my status as an ACE. Again, pretty obvious and again, horridly boring!

Explain your name

Post 25

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

I regularly have identity crises, so if I explain my name here now, it may well be inapplicable sometime in the not so distant future...*G*

Explain your name

Post 26

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

I inevitably get bored of any pseudonym I adopt, and I have difficulty remembering "who I am" in any given context, so I now go by my real name in most cases. I often spend time coming up with many cool-sounding usernames, but none actually fit me. I should probably start a service, creating usernames for people...
Twinkle was the name of a character in a (now dead) online game I once played long ago. I don't know what inspired it - I was about 12 years old then.
I use NMcCoy because it's short and the capitalization's interesting.

Explain your name

Post 27

deemikay

Mine's the pronunciation of my initials D. McK.

A problem sometimes because pervy guys online assume that my name is Dee and that I'm female.... not true! smiley - yuk

deemikay

Explain your name

Post 28

mugoftea

I live by the seaside smiley - fishand I used to 'winkle pick' when younger. The poor little devils got boiled and smothered in vinegarsmiley - wah, so this is a tribute to the memory of all the digested winkles I was responsible forsmiley - ok.
Oh, the 67 is to do with my birthdaysmiley - cake. (no not my age!)smiley - smiley

Explain your name

Post 29

Big Red

Mine is because I have a redhead and didn't have enough imagination at the moment to think of anything better. smiley - yawn

Explain your name

Post 30

Big Red

I mean it's because I AM a redhead.

Explain your name

Post 31

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Why Moonglum? I overheard a conversation about a book called "Elric at the end of time", during which I heard talk of a character call Moonglum, Elric's now departed sidekick. I thought it was just such a fantasticly original name that I have taken this name for all my points of presence on the web. Since then I have found other Moonglums all over the place, over 60 in with hotmail addresses. It would seem that Moonglum is anything but original. smiley - steam

Clampflower?!!?? I went to see Motorhead in concert at the Civic Hall in Guildford, Surrey. They were painfully loud! The following day my head was like the bell tower of NotreDame Cathedral. I went to work and got a phone call from a Ms Lamplow. This name with the additions of whistles and bells from the previous night seeped in to my brain as Clampflower, much to the amusement of my colleagues. smiley - laugh

smiley - ok

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin

Explain your name

Post 32

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Mine - well, Della is a combination of letters from my first and middle names, the latter being Loraine. Cat Woman is partly a tribute to Michelle Pfeiffer in a Batman movie and partly that I just love cats, and had one when I joined h2g2.smiley - cat(I didn't harm her, she was a timeshare cat, and the other people moved.)

Explain your name

Post 33

Mu Beta

Hmmm - my RL surname is Bateson.

That should give you some idea of the misery I had to endure between the ages of (roughly) 13 and 18. Why I thought it made a good h2g2 nickname is a mystery to me, and now I appear to be lumbered with it.

It's a good job, actually, because I am a bit of a w*nker. smiley - winkeye

B

Explain your name

Post 34

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

I'm a fan of Xena: Warrior Princess, and a park ranger. Some of my co-workers dubbed me the "warrior ranger" years ago, and it seemed like a good user name! My first time around on hootoo, I went by rangerjustice, as Justice is my last name.

smiley - cheers

Explain your name

Post 35

Mu Beta

Ranger Justice? Sorry, but that sounds like a superhero to me. smiley - winkeye

B

Explain your name

Post 36

I want to be a Lusty Wench in training. A Wenchette perhaps smiley - winkeye

Explain your name

Post 37

Mu Beta

You're already plenty lusty enough for me, m'dear. smiley - kiss

B

Explain your name

Post 38

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

Being a Lusty Wench is great fun! Being a Lusty wench with a superhero name is even better...I think I need a tv show of my own! I wonder if I'd get to carry a sword...

smiley - cheers

Explain your name

Post 39

smiley - blush Why B!

smiley - laugh On tonight's episode of "Warrior Ranger - Lusty Wench", Warrior Ranger...Well, she bounces around in leather with a big sword. What more do you need? smiley - winkeye

Explain your name

Post 40

Mu Beta

smiley - drool I'm fine with that, thank you.

B

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more