A Conversation for Ask h2g2

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 201

creachy

i think a guide entry on this would be extremely controversial due to the subjectiveness of the subjectsmiley - erm as many have commented that in different parts of hootoo different people are considered legends. for example, LDers consider Loup to be a legend for all the work he has done on LDers space. others consider Hoovooloo a legend cos he just keeps arguing and i consider someone like werekitty to be a legend just because of her wit and so on.... so yeah, lets leave it to the oldiessmiley - ok

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 202

GreyDesk

* pokes thread once more *

Well, do we think that we've made any more Community Legends in the last 8 months? smiley - smiley

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 203

egon

smiley - tomato

Desky, is your plan for the day just to mess up my conversations list

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 204

Vip

Yeesh, such a hard question to ask! There have been people in the spotlight, for sure, but to create a legend...

On the other hand, I've probably not been active enough outseid my own little world here to comment. smiley - smiley

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 205

Demon Drawer

Malcontects yes, legends no.

Unless you count the Battle of Telewest

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 206

Vip

Egon, how long has your Space looked like that? Or is it only me who sees it a jumble? I mean, the basic page layout, not your designs. Maybe it's IE... *mumblegrumbleIEgrumble*

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 207

egon

ooh, it has gone a bit arse-shaped, you're right. I've no idea why the footnaote's up top, and the alignments all off- I don't normally look that far down my page. I might have to see what code's gone awry.

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 208

SEF

I'm tempted to blame it on that stray without a TABLE on first inspection. It is much worse in plain than the other skins. smiley - yikes

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 209

egon

*switches to plaiN*

Oh, dear god, you're right, that's dreadful.

*Off to look for this stray *

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 210

Demon Drawer

Cheers Egon.

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 211

egon

does it look better now?

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 212

Demon Drawer

Yeah that is much better now no headaches now.

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 213

SEF

Much better (on h2g2 brunel / plain) though the football link pushes the footnote to one side. There's a perverse logic to that. smiley - weird Perhaps it should be kicked or bounced with a MARQUEE.

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 214

egon

What's a tag? I've ehard of them, but don't really understand most of this stuff, to be honest. And I've only had three and a half years to get the hang of it...

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 215

SEF

It's an IE animation thing adopted by many other browsers. It was more of a joke than a serious suggestion. If you've managed to avoid them so far then don't go there!

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 216

HonestIago

I'd like to mention Egon and Mort as legends. Egon because when I used to look at his Talk Buffy PS I'd see all these messages from h2g2 and be all curious until one fateful day I followed a link, and Mort because of her tireless friendliness and dedication to making hootoo a nice place to be

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 217

egon

smiley - biggrin

I think that's the first time I've been nominated in this thread!

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 218

GreyDesk

Have you read it all? smiley - bigeyes

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 219

egon

Wel, I remember it on it's original circulkation, and I'm sure I'd remember being mentioned.

H2G2 Community Legends

Post 220

GreyDesk

I stopped reading it after I'd picked up my first mention. Second or third blob I believe.

Key: Complain about this post