A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1941

Zantic - Who is this woman??

And inability to handle basic grammar?

I am a Miss, I am happy to be a Miss, I have little or no time for Ms. they sound the same onthe phone. My question is why do the idiots that phone you up out of the blue always ask for Mrs. Zantic? Does having a phone and bing the registered person at an address automatically mean that you are married? Although it does let me know right off that this ia a cold call. I usually say that Mrs. Zantic (my grandmother)passed away X years ago. Usually confuses them enough that you can get rid of them without shouting. My mum (Mrs. Zantic also) has started using this one too! smiley - winkeye

My petty hate for this post - lovely people who like to go along a road and snap off peoples wing mirrors.

Zantic smiley - dragon

Petty Hates

Post 1942

The Groob

Something on telly that gives me the creeps and I can barely watch is the 'bitty' sketch on Little Britain.

Petty Hates

Post 1943

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

*shudders*

Petty Hates

Post 1944

jazzhag

Guys who shave their hair off when they could grow it long!

Petty Hates

Post 1945

eloisa

I agree, what's with that?
I have tried to watch Little Britain but frankly the whole show makes my skin crawl. Same with the Office and the Royle family. These sort of shows have a bit of the emporers new clothes about them. People get all carried away like some kind of mass hysteria when really they aint all that!
In my opinion.

Petty Hates

Post 1946

The Groob

I enjoy all those shows. Although to get a balanced view of their merit you have to view them alongsides the likes of Fawlty Towers. I think it's a case of the public wanting want the public gets. They are told that something is 'brilliant' so many times that eventually they swallow it whole. I think a similar thing happens in the music industry.

smiley - 2cents

Petty Hates

Post 1947

The person on the other end of the phone when I called for a application pack for the job they were advertising. NO, the Job Center didn't tell ne that it was apply in writing only. NO, the people on the job center didn't tell me to send in a CV. In fact all they said was phone this person for an application pack. smiley - grr

So, praytell how should I know? Does the job require you to be telepathic? Get lost you snotty little civil servant (I'm applying for a short contract post, but is it worth the mental aggravation of working with someone like that?)

Then there was the attitude of another person at the end of the phone when I called to apply for a job. Oh, no, that post was filled last week. Why are you phoning us? smiley - erm I'm sorry. I was at the JC on Friday. The post was still up on the web-site this morning. Again, does the post require a psychic? Glad you got one.

Petty Hate - Job-hunting.

Zantic smiley - dragon

Petty Hates

Post 1948

Researcher 185550

smiley - grr Seconded. I'm having problems in that department as well. Honestly, noone in this town uses bogroll any more, they use the CVs I've given them.

Petty Hates

Post 1949

You should stop using such good papr! smiley - winkeye

Actually, on the upside, I've gotten an interview for a temp agency in town. Lets hope it's not just for more humiliation opportunities.

Petty Hate - those adverts for ambulance chaser lawyers 'if you've had an accident that wasn't your fault' Definition of ACCIDENT please? smiley - grr

Zantic smiley - dragon

Petty Hates

Post 1950

KB

That's a bit like one of mine - when those irritating "better insurance offer" advertisements comes on during a programme I'm trying to watch. Invariably at the bottom of the screen it says "Offer not applicable in Northern Ireland" - but I still have to wait through the b--tard ad to see the show which was so rudely interrupted! Grrrrrrr.

Petty Hates

Post 1951

eloisa

I've got a jobsmiley - discoI've got a jobsmiley - discoI've got a jobsmiley - disco
Sorry, it's taken me three months of really depressing slog and I'm very happy.

Erm, petty hates. People who say spitting feathers to mean angry.
Spitting feathers means thirsty, spitting nails means angry.

I've got a jobsmiley - disco...........sorry.

Petty Hates

Post 1952

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

lol i hate that too very irritating

i got a job i hate it i need a new one

petty hate: working here

Petty Hates

Post 1953

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Forgetting to bring both a smiley - towel and clean pants to work. I am now feeling very smiley - cross and out of sorts.

I had my shower after my lunchtime gym workout then discovered the lack of smiley - towel so had to attempt to dry myself on the non-sweaty bits of my gym clothing smiley - yuk Then started to dress only to discover the lack of clean pants smiley - yikes

Petty Hates

Post 1954

HonestIago

People who can't appreciate silence. Was on a break in work last night, enjoying the quiet when this little newbie moron comes down says "I hate the silence" and turns some awful music on. Same little newbie moron goes on to call me retarded despite the fact we've never met but then objects when I call him thick as pig-sh*t (I'm sorry Tyson, you're right, you're not as thick as pig-sh*t, pig-sh*t has an IQ in double figures)
Newbies smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 1955

KB

Well it's often said that "every rose has its thorn". Translation - try as you might, there's no escape from pricks! smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 1956

Mikeo the gregarious

I have an issue with people who will *not take a hint*! At an orchestra rehearsal I was in last night, even after the conductor asked us all not to talk while not playing, the two horn players were talking almost every time they weren't playing: even when the conductor wanted to rehearse another part of the orchestra, all we could hear was this nattering going on from the back! smiley - grr I really did want to either shout at them or even hit them at times ... unfortunately, they *were* talking about the music, so they did have a legitimate reason (of sorts) ... smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 1957

jazzhag

smiley - musicalnote

But - they could have shown some consideration for everyone else, couldn't they? E.g. Sign-language, write notes to each other or whisper so quietly no one else noticed.

A banjo round the head often does the trick, it's called killing two birds with one stone! smiley - biggrinsmiley - musicalnote

Petty Hates

Post 1958

One not at all petty hate here. The smiley - bleeps who broke into my car sometime in the last 24 hours. And the smiley - bleep who took off my wing mirror last week.

Why do these things happen when you are on the jobseekers? Sorry, I'm currently in shock and need to rant.

Zantic smiley - dragon

Petty Hates

Post 1959

eloisa

Rant all you want, that sucks. Having no consideration for the feelings of others or even understanding that they might have emotions or feelings of their own are actually symptoms of various medical and mental health conditions. I'm not saying that the gits who did these things to you need understanding, I'm saying they need medicating - possibly terminally.

Petty Hates

Post 1960

And possibly with a baseball bat - terminally with extreme predjudice And ain't it wonderful how conservative we become when we are the ones being rotated with?

At least the window is fixed now (even though it is 2 in the morning)

Petty hate - people who throw up in front of cash machines (I had to go get cash to pay the man who fixed the window)

Zantic smiley - dragon, I really should go to bed now.

Key: Complain about this post