A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16521

ITIWBS

Listening to the sounds I make when mine is acting up, I think, perhaps I've come to better understand the travails of an old tom cat making similar noises.

Maybe its just my imagination.

...and maybe that old tom cat is more lucid than people give it credit for being.

Petty Hates

Post 16522

ITIWBS

http://www.mdidea.com/products/new/new04104.html

http://draxe.com/saw-palmetto-benefits/

The two things I've found most useful for urinary tract trouble, at least for a male, are saw palmetto and fo ti.

The combination of the two usually reduces stress to near zero.

Petty Hates

Post 16523

Smudger879n

Aye! I was really looking forward to having this kidney drain removed from my back, and having a "stent" implanted, but the Urologist told me tha Ii would still have the desire to pee a lot during the night smiley - erm

So, that knocked my future ideas on the head?

Still, it might not be as bad as she said, and I could get a full nights kipsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 16524

Cheerful Dragon

PH of the moment: spending a long time typing a post for a forum (not h2g2, I hasten to add) and losing the page and post for no obvious reason. I suspect the back button on my tablet may have been responsible. Very annoying.

Petty Hates

Post 16525

You can call me TC

Here comes the pettiest of hates. On Sunday mornings (e.g. this morning) my husband and I have a bath, before breakfast. This (a) at least gets the bath cleaned once a week and (b) gives us a moment to discuss the coming week.

We make a cup of tea and sometimes have a biscuit with it.

We have a huge bath tub and it's only worth filling it if more than one person is going to use it.

He always sits facing the same way (the taps are in the middle, by the way). We are both right-handed, and so his cup is always deposited on the far side of the bath, nearest the wall. He just gets out and leaves it there. As I say, it's a big bath, and it's quite a reach for me to get it if I'm standing outside the bath. I get out last, let the water out and clean the bath, so I'm not exactly outside the bath when I am disposing of the cup, in order to wipe down that part of the bathtub, but there's nowhere to put it, that I can reach whilst standing in the bath.

Hopefully not TMI. Well, I said it was a very petty hate. It's just the repetitiveness of it that has driven me mad all these years.

Petty Hates

Post 16526

Teasswill

And I bet several times you have asked him to put it somewhere else and explained why?

I have many several irritations & have given my reasoning why things should be done a certain way, but it falls on deaf ears.

Petty Hates

Post 16527

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

One of the ABC radio presenters in Sydney has made these sort of "niggles" in a reationship into a podcast series called "This is what I live with". It's very funny - prime material is loading the dish washer, closing doors, women and cushions, and, well ... as he says "You love your partner, but they have intriguing quirks."

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/jamesvalentineheadroom/this-is-what-i-live-with/8075010

Well worth a listen smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 16528

You can call me TC

That sounds brilliant - I'll have a listen when I am at home.

My PH today is the heating in the office. I am on my own for a few wekks. I air the room when I get in, which, with the temperatures presently outside at zero or just under, cools the room down considerably. I leave it open as long as I can bear it. Then I switch the heating on and thaw out. This doesn't take long but the heat never gets to my feet, which are still icy even when the air at about head height is so hot and stuffy that I'm worried I might suffocate - or at best, fall asleep.

I suppose I ought to work standing on my head.

Petty Hates

Post 16529

ITIWBS

I've found a sweet dessert, just before bed, the best remedy for and safeguard against feet icy in the morning.

Petty Hates

Post 16530

Sho - employed again!

ah relationship niggles. This is an old website (he eventually wrote a book which wasn't that good) but TC might like it because the girlfriend is German and the boyfriend is English.

http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

In TC's position i would leave the cup there. For ever if necessary.

Petty Hates

Post 16531

Baron Grim

Yep... leave it. If it hasn't moved in a week, add flowers.

Petty Hates

Post 16532

You can call me TC

Had a listen to the Australian link. There are some weird people about! The wife who was complaining about her husband not washing up his wine smiley - redwine glasses so she smashed them! smiley - weird

Petty Hates

Post 16533

Cheerful Dragon

Today we received the latest edition of the BT phone book. It's a long standing source of irritation for us and for my in-laws before us. For reasons only known to BT we get the Worcester edition. We live in Warwickshire. OK, we're close to the border with Worcestershire and the closest town of any size is in that county. But we have as much need of Warwickshire phone numbers as any other, if not more.

When my parents lived in Coventry they'd give my in-laws the old copies of the Coventry Yellow Pages. These days I'm more likely to get phone numbers from the internet as anywhere, but I wonder how local people without internet access cope.

Petty Hates

Post 16534

Baron Grim

The only person I know who still uses phone books is my mother.

A few years ago I gave her a Nexus 10 tablet. You should see it now. There's a pattern worn on the screen that clearly indicates the only thing she uses it for is to play Solitaire. smiley - facepalm

Petty Hates

Post 16535

You can call me TC

Back to the PH I have nearly every day. Due to the time difference, my lunch hour is over when the UK start theirs, so very little has happened when I log in at lunch time. I feel like a kid on their own in the playground, kicking up leaves.

Petty Hates

Post 16536

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I'll hang out with ya'. smiley - cheerup

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16537

Teasswill

I still use the phone book occasionally - sometimes to check an address.

Re TC's PH, I get that feeling a bit at weekends, when the internet goes a bit quiet. Is that because people use work facilities, or are just busy doing other things at the w/e?

Petty Hates

Post 16538

Pastey

More like busy doing other things (h2g2) while supposed to be working smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 16539

You can call me TC

Talking of making noises (see top of page), I really must stop grunting when I sit down. I'm not THAT old for heaven's sake.

Petty Hates

Post 16540

Cheerful Dragon

I don't grunt when sitting down but I have been known to make strange noises when I struggle to stand up. In my case it's health issues as much as/more than age.

Key: Complain about this post