A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4901

eloisa

My current little annoyance is getting pre-moddded on another BBC forum.
I've been here YEARS! Surely they can see I usually play nice.

Petty Hates

Post 4902

Runescribe

Not getting a text downtime response, only a skills one.

STILL not getting strikedown! Come on guys, I've put in at least twice the training knockback took and I want my strikedown!

Anyone who thinks that a baggy, obviously fake fur suit is somehow better wemic kit than a mask and facepaint. If you look like you're wearing a suit, that's bad kit.

Petty Hates

Post 4903

van-smeiter

A certain brand of boiled sweets. They used to come in clear wrappers and it was obvious which flavour each sweet was but now they come in opaque, wax-paper type wrappers so it's really hard to tell which flavour each sweet is smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 4904

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Snot. Well, I know we need a bit of it but the copious amounts that come with having a cold. smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 4905

Cheerful Dragon

That annoys me, too. What I want to know is, where does it all come from? Do we have some kind of snot factory that starts working double shifts when we get a cold, or what?

Petty Hates

Post 4906

Runescribe

Yep.

Petty Hates

Post 4907

Bright Blue Shorts

The Royal Mail and their stamps-by-weight method. How rubbish is that?

Went into Post Office today and asked for stamps to send Christmas cards abroad. Man says "You really should bring them in and weigh them because the price changes at 20 grams".

Flippin' eck, no wonder they're in trouble if they don't make it easy for their (monopolised) customers ...

Petty Hates

Post 4908

Sho - employed again!

oh don't talk to me about Stamps.

Here you can send letters for 55ct and postcards for 45ct. Postcards to Europe cost 65ct and letters to Europe cost 70ct.

That's goood. But try asking for a 70ct stamp. They don't make them smiley - grr if (like me) you have big writing and sometimes use small envelopes there's no room for the flamin' stamp.
smiley - grr

and the stamp machines... if you don't have the exact money - you get your change in 10ct stamps. No good to man nor beast.

Petty Hates

Post 4909

KB

I'd love to see the same mind that invented that idea working behind a shop counter.

"Sorry sir, we don't have any change left. You'll have to make do with a bite off the end of my Mars bar instead."

Petty Hates

Post 4910

Malabarista - now with added pony

In Italy and the Netherlands, they give out sweets instead of small change. smiley - weird

Petty Hates

Post 4911

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Bring on the sweets!

My petty hate: the s***load of work I have to do. I can deal but I'm not sure how to deal with the first bit…

Oh, and the 20+ plus I have to read… including a law book. *dies*

Petty Hates

Post 4912

When people call each other "hunnie", "hunny", "hunni" when conversing online. Bleurgh.

Petty Hates

Post 4913

Runescribe

Self-selected queen bees.

Petty Hates

Post 4914

KB

Kelli, is it the misspelling you object to, the sickly sweetness, or both?

Petty Hates

Post 4915

A bit of both, I want to correct the spelling and then tell them to just stop it, especially if there is a lol in the same posting.

Petty Hates

Post 4916

How about 87% of webcomics have a banner that consists of the title of the strip and a closeup of the main character's eyes. Come on, people, show a little originality!

Petty Hates

Post 4917

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Magazines like Top Gear where about 40% of the magazine is actual articles, the other 60% being adverts, or facts about cars that are identical to the ones printed in last month's magazine - and the month before that - and so on... - and then charging way over the odds for the mag.

Petty Hates

Post 4918

You mean you buy it? smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4919

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

I did once. Or twice. That was enough.

I discovered the Internet then...

Oh, and there's that programme on TV as well... what's it called?

Petty Hates

Post 4920

van-smeiter

"typewriter" is not the only the ten-letter word that can be written by just using the top row on a qwerty keyboard. There are several other words e.g. "pepperwort" and "proprietor"

Key: Complain about this post