A Conversation for Ask h2g2

cancel

Post 6601

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The Gulf Stream is apparently weakening, though. If it fails altogether, the northernmost areas will be colder and the tropics will get warmer, as if they weren't already getting warmer.

I've seen predictions that some tropical cities will be unlivable by 2035. That may happen eventually, but I don't know why that particular year was chosen.

cancel

Post 6602

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

If only nighthoover was here... I bet they'd have an answer to global warming... - probably just suck off all the nasty gases with their giant hoover... or suck up all the warm air smiley - zensmiley - erm

cancel

Post 6603

Maria

or suck up all the nasty suckers-pollutant-greedy-fakin-capitalists.

smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6604

And put them where?

cancel

Post 6605

some far distant uninhabitable plannet... or just th esun of course... let them burn smiley - zensmiley - magic

cancel

Post 6606

Or wait a few decades. The worst of them will go to a very hot place. smiley - devil

cancel

Post 6607

how true, eternity being whirled round the d

cancel

Post 6608

Maria

I´m sure Nighthoover, because of its omnipotent and nature-bound character, will surely transform the sucked stuff into a kind of useful compost, just like shit becomes nutrients for the soil.

smiley - mistletoe

cancel

Post 6609

I like compost a lot. smiley - smiley

cancel

Post 6610

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

To each their own smiley - shrug There are many things I would rather have for supper smiley - winkeye

F Dolphin> S

cancel

Post 6611

Some people like compost, some like shit, and others, other people like the way of the hoover smiley - zensmiley - zensmiley - zen

cancel

Post 6612

I did not mean that I like to *eat* compost. My father used to have a compost pile. He put the family garbage there, and periodically put layers of leaves on top. When he needed to use compost, he would put a very large square sieve on top of a wheelbarrow, put spadesful of compost on it, and rub so that the smaller pieces would sift through to the bottom of the wheelbarrow. My bother keeps his compost in a composting barrel, which needs to be turned (it has a crank) from time to time, so the compost inside can get aerated.

In a week or two I will plant squash seeds. Nothing is better than compost for growing squashes. I have half a bag of compost on hand, and will get more when planting time comes.

cancel

Post 6613

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

Yes, Compost is wonderous. . .. ... smiley - bubbly . .. ...

cancel

Post 6614

The city I live in picks up bags of leaves and other brush when we leave them near our dumpsters. The city converts these leaves into compost.

cancel

Post 6615

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

They do that here , also. And we do not mix glass, paper and tin cans into the ‘garbage’ bin. And early in the morning on pick-up day you hear someone growing through the glass & tin cans looking for ones that have a 10 cent refund.

cancel

Post 6616

smiley - laugh

We have people who do that here, too.

cancel

Post 6617

Terran

Has he returned yet?

*Checks under the cupboard*

cancel

Post 6618

All you'll find there is mice smiley - mousesmiley - esuom.

Which you're welcome to keep if you want smiley - whistle

cancel

Post 6619

ITIWBS

Seeing action here, I looked, thinking perhaps Nighthoover had returned.

Alas!

It is not so.

cancel

Post 6620

Icy North

Where would a religion be if a prophet ever returned?

The important thing is to keep the shrine tidy.

smiley - lighthouse

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more