A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where can I find some nice friendly girls?

Post 7581

Xanatic

Does a love potion count as a drug?

Post 7582

Serephina

love potion?

do tell smiley - bigeyes

Post 7583

Xanatic

I just mean I would be optimistic if I had a love potion smiley - smiley

The Czech Girl asked me if I wanted to come to Battle of the Bands tonight. But it is flatmates birthday.

Post 7584

liekki

smiley - wow

She keeps asking you out!smiley - ok

Post 7585

Serephina

certainly sounds positive to me! Shemust have liked you...

Post 7586

Number Six

Go Xan! smiley - biggrin

smiley - mod

Post 7587

You can call me TC

Go Xan. That is an order. Enjoy yourself.

And now comes the most important bit:

Let her see that you're enjoying yourself.

Post 7588

Serephina

so everybodys currently happy then? smiley - bigeyes

I am..if happy covers about to start chewing my nails off with nerves about the weekend smiley - erm

Post 7589

Number Six

Well, I can tell you a story that might make you smile...

I was out for a drink after work with a mate of mine last November, and met a few of his workmates in the process. Including a rather attractive and sparky girl that I was getting on rather well with, and we were flashing our eyes at each other a bit, as you do, and I thought "Hello!". After we left the pub I said "She's nice, isn't she?" to my mate and he - who happens to be gay, and usually has very accurate gaydar - said yes, but she's a lesbian.

So I thought no more of it. Bumped into her again a week last Saturday, at a party in a bar with my mate for another of his work friends. And she was very complimentary about my dancing, and we were chatting away for a bit and getting on very well again, and I thought to myself "Such a shame she's a lesbian".

Said as much to my friend at the bus stop afterwards. At which point he saw fit to mention that he was wrong, he'd got hold of the wrong end of the stick and she wasn't a lesbian at all. Aaarrgghhh!

If I'd known, of course, I'd have been much more responsive in the bar and asked for her phone number and asked her out. But I didn't, so I didn't. And my friend doesn't know her that well (obviously!) and she doesn't work at the same place any more. So he couldn't get me a phone number, only a home email address. So I asked her out by email, which isn't exactly ideal, and a week and a half later, I still haven't had a reply.

Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

smiley - mod

Post 7590

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Well so long as you didn't say 'Sorry, I'd have asked before but I thought you were a lesbian...' smiley - winkeye

She might not check her home email very often so don't give up hope yet.

Post 7591

Serephina

smiley - laugh

did you tell her your friend had told you she was gay?

Post 7592

You can call me TC

Sorry, I did smile at your story, No 6.

Hope you find her again. Perhaps she didn't get your e-mail, or it landed in her spam file.

Post 7593

Number Six

No, I thought it best not to mention it! Thought maybe better it was something to laugh about if we do ever meet up again?

I'm hanging on to that hope about the home e-mail, Kelli... but the longer it goes on the less likely it seems. She's leaving for South America in four weeks, too!

I'm pretty sure she liked me - what worries me is that I might not have been responsive enough to her in the bar due to certain mis-held beliefs, and it might not have come across that I liked her.

smiley - mod

Post 7594

Xanatic

Great story Number Six. And I agree with Kelli, you might want to leave out the lesbian part from conversations. smiley - biggrin Tell your friend to get his gaydar tuned.

The Czech Girl asked me if I wanted to go to the second half of Battle of the Bands tonight, and then go out dancing afterwards. Surely I'm doing something right. smiley - smiley And it would seem my attempts at dancing hasn't scared her smiley - smiley Go Xan smiley - biggrin

Also met a nice, friendly Italian girl at the flatmate's party last night.

Post 7595

liekki

Xan, that's *wonderful*.smiley - wowsmiley - ok

>>nice, friendly Italian girl<<

smiley - wow

And now they start pouring in!

smiley - run

Post 7596

Ged42

Well done Xan smiley - cheers

You wait ages for one, then three come along at once.

Post 7597

BobTheFarmer

Careful of those Italians... Feisty little minxs.

Had a pretty interesting night with my little Italian a coupla days back. Ive got a few more ideas about what might be going on in her head. We did f*ck this time, and spent a very nice morning lie in together listening to music...
Well, if nothing else Ive got an open invitation to go holiday to her flat in Venice, when she goes there for a year in the summer.

I really am enjoying the challenge here...

Post 7598

Number Six

Un'altro piccola Italiana? Ed anche una Veneziana? Quando tu vuoi un po di avviso, parlo con me, capo!

smiley - mod

Post 7599

BobTheFarmer

Which means?

Post 7600

Number Six

Another little Italian girl? And from Venice as well? If you want a bit of advice, have a word with me, guv!

smiley - mod

Key: Complain about this post