>> I'd like to say that our depleted numbers has a couple
of positive effects. First, we get to know each other better,
a little more intimately as it were (I say that in the purely
social meaning of intimacy), and we actually begin to remember
names and who's who and what they believe and where they're from
and lots of other stuff... <<

I'll refrain from posting a Utoob link to the Pointer Sisters'
"Neutron Dance" and just say I am happy to hear you are doing
well in spite of Obamacare. I sorta feel like doing a Snoopy.

http://jenbob.net/blog/uploaded_images/gretchenLeap2-777515.jpg

smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Where is everyone?

Post 102

ITIWBS

I'm currently showing 312 logged on under "who's online" in Brunel.

It varies considerably from skin to skin.

Where is everyone?

Post 103

Baron Grim

The who's online tool in Brunel, and pretty much all of the Ripley side of h2g2, is completely borked. For instance, if someone checks the page of say, U42, for some period of time it will show up as Douglas Adams is online. This is apparently bad code leftover from the last days of Auntie Beeb's reign when that outside group was given the impossible and unappreciated task of redesigning the site without the benefit of full knowledge of how the original did things.

Where is everyone?

Post 104

Baron Grim

Damn my plural use of smiley - hamsters.

(And failure to PREVIEW.)

Where is everyone?

Post 105

SashaQ - happysad

Yes, Ripley's Who's Online is an overestimate, and Pliny's Who's Online is an underestimate of Who Actually Is Online...

In Pliny, it seems it only picks up those users who are logged in *and* using a Microsoft Internet Explorer of some description... I'm logged in in Firefox, Opera, Safari and Android and never show up as Who's Online, but when I used to use IE7 for testing, there I was!

smiley - tardis

Where is everyone?

Post 106

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Everyone has to be somewhere..... smiley - zen You can check out any time... but can, never, leave smiley - zensmiley - ghostsmiley - weird if anyone asks... you didn't see me, right? smiley - run

Where is everyone?

Post 107

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Most of my info for that Haydn article came from books, not web sites. Worse, I think I gave away my biography of Haydn. smiley - sadface

Where is everyone?

Post 108

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Naw, it's probably just Haydn from you somewhere.
Likely in plane cite. (sic)
smiley - nur
~jwf~

Where is everyone?

Post 109

SashaQ - happysad

Ah I see, paulh - no problem at all to get information from books, but it could be a bit challenging for you in Peer Review if you haven't got your sources to hand...

I'd go for it, if I were you, but I'm addicted to Peer Review so maybe that's just me..! smiley - silly

At least you've put some Entries into the Edited Gude, though smiley - ok

Where is everyone?

Post 110

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I see it's busy now..I've just been blown through the front door after a windy trek all up the sea front and back again..I think this maybe the last day of summer.smiley - sadface

Anyway I would write an entry if I thought I could think of one I could actually write.smiley - erm

smiley - tea

Where is everyone?

Post 111

SashaQ - happysad

Yeah, it took me a while to think of things to write about, but now I have a queue of Entries just needing me to write them smiley - laugh

There's book reviews, or film reviews you could do, or places of interest you enjoy, or biographies of people you admire...

"In Pliny, it seems it only picks up those users who are logged in *and* using a Microsoft Internet Explorer of some description... I'm logged in in Firefox, Opera, Safari and Android and never show up as Who's Online, but when I used to use IE7 for testing, there I was!
"

Hmm - this needs rephrasing... I think the user needs to also be browsing Pliny. However, I am in IE11 today, browsing Pliny, logged in, and I am still not showing up as Who's Online... smiley - sadface Very strange.

Where is everyone?

Post 112

hellboundforjoy

I can't believe Zombo.com is still our there! It's been 10+ years since I last visited it.

Where is everyone?

Post 113

Baron Grim

Right!?

Zombo.com and h2g2.com are both like nearly as old as the internet. At least h2g2 has new content.

Where is everyone?

Post 114

Nameless Stealth Wobo

What can you do on Zombo.com anyway.

Where is everyone?

Post 115

Baron Grim

You can do anything on Zombo.com, anything at all.

Where is everyone?

Post 116

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - laugh Indeed!

Where is everyone?

Post 117

Nameless Stealth Wobo

(me on Zombo.com) smiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - tongueincheeksmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - weird

Where is everyone?

Post 118

ITIWBS

Is there a help section or an instruction manual for zombo.com?

For example, how do I see what other people have done?

Where is everyone?

Post 119

hellboundforjoy

Zombo.com is exactly what it is.

Where is everyone?

Post 120

Baron Grim

The only limit is yourself... at Zombo.com.

Key: Complain about this post