A Conversation for The Church of the Holy Tail - Marching for Jack

The Quest

Post 41

Batty_ACE

*steps aside and prepares for the return 'floop'*

The Quest

Post 42

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*DM side of Wargamer points out that no "return" spell was ever developed, so it is not actually possible to leave the world ever again... and yet, doesn't much care.*

The Quest

Post 43

Batty_ACE

*sends lots of smiley - milk*

The Quest

Post 44

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

*hides the cookies while no-ones waching*

The Quest

Post 45

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It would be nice if this chocolate chip cookie planet was also the place where all my missing pens and wristwatches have disappeared to. smiley - tongueout

But maybe that would be too much to hope for. smiley - erm

The Quest

Post 46

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

::bites into a smiley - choc chip cookie and finds a wristwatch in it smiley - erm::

boy am i glad this wasn't a pencil. i hate the taste of pencils in the morning smiley - silly

smiley - pirate

The Quest

Post 47

Me, too. smiley - yuk

If you swallow the wristwatch, we'll at least know what makes you tick. smiley - winkeye

The Quest

Post 48

Batty_ACE

what an awful idea! poisoning cookies with pens and wristwatches.. makes it almost office-like.. smiley - yuk

The Quest

Post 49

Your office is a huge cookie filled with pens and wristwatches?

smiley - yikes

I knew you had troubles, but nothing like this!

smiley - run

The Quest

Post 50

::smiley - zzz dreams about an office filled with smiley - choc chip cookies smiley - drool::

smiley - pirate

The Quest

Post 51

Batty_ACE

Actually lately my office has been filled with cookies smiley - cake and smiley - cheesecakesmiley - donuts etc... We often rent our classrooms out and have been hosting hands-on security labs for corporation smiley - geeks. The leftover catered goodies hit the staff lounge at lunchtime and again at the end of each session at about 4pm.

smiley - erm I think I've gained at least 10 lbs this week already..

The Quest

Post 52

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

smiley - run to batty's office

The Quest

Post 53

the goodies hit the staff? you call that security? smiley - erm

smiley - sillysmiley - pirate

The Quest

Post 54

<>

Correct me if I'm wrong, Batty, but I thought you had lost some serious weight during your medical...um...procedures. smiley - erm

No?

Maybe that extra 10 pounds was just hovering in midair, looking for an unprotected belly, and you happened along. smiley - whistle

The Quest

Post 55

::dreams of smiley - bats unprotected belly smiley - drool::

smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

The Quest

Post 56

That wasn't what I meant, Pierce. smiley - cross

Anyway, you aren't a huge glob of unclaimed fat.....are you?smiley - huh

The Quest

Post 57

Batty_ACE

smiley - erm somehow the whole 'huge glob of unclaimed fat' and my belly conversation is starting to get disturbing...

The Quest

Post 58

smiley - hug

Batty, this is all so deeply smiley - weird that I'm exploring uncharted territory. Didn't want to put you through anything disturbing. Besides, I think my belly is vulnerable too lately. smiley - erm

I just got back from the movies. I saw "Garden State."

The Quest

Post 59

Batty_ACE

I haven't been to the movies in a while... how was it?

The Quest

Post 60

It's about a 26-year-old actor who leaves L.A. to fly home to New Jersey to attend his mother's funeral. There are huge amounts of guilt in his dysfunctional family, but somehow the movie finds dozens of little goofy things about the situation that are quite funny. smiley - smiley
It reminds some people of "The Graduate," though it reminds me more of "Reality Bites." The main protagonist is very likeable, though passive and polite. His father (a psychiatrist) has been prescribing large amounts of medication for him since a childhood incident resulted in his hurting his mother. He leaves his medication behind in L.A. however, and he gradually comes out of his shell during the movie. (Maybe he didn't really need the antidepressants? smiley - erm)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more