This is the Message Centre for Also ran 1

Continuing friendship

Post 221

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*wonders if she'll be lynched if she admits that she thinks that the only good thing about oysters are pearlssmiley - winkeye Or if everyone will see it the way she does--more oysters for everyone else!*

Clams...smiley - drool Fresh, steamed, hovering over the steamer outside to snag them as they're cooked (so that the male Hopper relatives don't get *all* of themsmiley - winkeye)

Continuing friendship

Post 222

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - musicalnote

This was a real nice clambake.
We're mighty glad we came.
The vittles we et were good, you bet,
The company was the same.....

I'm afraid that clambakes aren't
as much fun as they oyster be. smiley - erm

Continuing friendship

Post 223

Lady Scott

All this talk of seafood....smiley - drool

Continuing friendship

Post 224

Shea the Sarcastic

AR1, I'd be delighted to share some steamers and clam chowder with you, but I'd like to go to a place with a bit more ambiance than Grand Central Station! There's the greatest Clam and Oyster Bar near my house ... we'll go there! Or better yet, there's a restaurant right on the beach at Jones Beach ... we'll go for a stroll on the boardwalk, then dine at the Boardwalk Restaurant!

What kind of clam chowder did you have? Manhattan or New England? I'm a New England Clam Chowder fan myself! smiley - biggrin

Continuing friendship

Post 225

Also ran 1

Thank you dear Paul,

But it has not yet arrived.

I like your poem!!.

Particularly the last pun!!
smiley - biggrin
AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Continuing friendship

Post 226

Also ran 1

Of course, my dear Amy, you are allowed not to like oysters. Particularly as you say there are more for us.!!

Now I see that you are also talking about streamers. What are they.? What does a clam shell look like? Is it like a rather fat round mussel shell?

Hope you are keeping well with Paper Baby. Soon my love, your quiet nights will be a thing of the past!!. Oh, but treasure the times whilst s/he is small. They grow up so fast.

With fond smiley - love

Continuing friendship

Post 227

Also ran 1

Dear Lady Scott,

It makes me feel vey hungry!!. I feel like a marvellous fresh lobster with home made mayonnaise, and a beautiful Russian salad. and my very special fresh tomato salad which I can no longer eat as my joints literally ache for days afterwards. But I can still dream.......

Thank goodness I have always enjoyed my food. So the relative deprivation is not so serious now!!.

With affection,

Continuing friendship

Post 228

Also ran 1

Oh Shea how kind,

It sounds quite wonderful. Hopefully we shall be able to make it before too long.!!

DD took me to Grand Central Station in the 70's when it was "the" thing to do. I can remember the shining silver plated soup bowls which swung down and out as far as I can remember!!.

How are your wrists and shoulders? I hope improving. You have not yet told me about dear TJ's stopping breathing. I am still totally appalled by it. I hope he is better!!. And also TJ's sister. I hope she is better.

I have now found out where my brother has his holiday home. In Colorado. I wonder if I shall ever see that. My granddaughter left for the States today on her way back to Oz. She will be staying with my brother and his wife. Sadly I did not see half enough of her as I would have liked.

Much affection,

Continuing friendship

Post 229

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

A steamer (in this case) is a big steel thing (lots of help, I knowsmiley - winkeye) Yes, clams shells are a bit rounder and fatter than mussel shells. I can't compare tastes, though, as I've never eaten mussels! I want to try them sometime, though...

Continuing friendship

Post 230

Also ran 1

Is it a steamer or a streamer?

Is one a cooking pot and the other another sort of shellfish.
Or is it just a typing error?
Hope yu are keeping well

Continuing friendship

Post 231

I think steamers are both, AR1.
A streamer is like a long banner or flag,
and has nothing to do with shellfish or cooking. smiley - erm

I've had steamers, mussels, clams, squid, and
a whole lot of other seafood that I couldn't
even identify, most of it in soups that I ate
when I was in Taiwan. They basically cook whatever
they catch. smiley - yikes

Continuing friendship

Post 232

I was referring to the cooking implementsmiley - smiley But Paul's right--some clams are also called steamerssmiley - ok

Continuing friendship

Post 233

I love fried clams. I'm not supposed to eat
them (or anything else that's fried), but once
in a great while I cheat. smiley - winkeye

Continuing friendship

Post 234

Lady Scott

~~points~~

Cheater! Cheater!

Continuing friendship

Post 235

Okay, Lady Scott, that's enough. smiley - cross

Mouth-watering caramels.
Chocolate-covered cherries.
You know you want some! smiley - tongueout
Nonpareils made with dark chocolate.
Nonpareils made with white chocolate.
Oooh, so delicious!
Come on, Lady Scott, you could cheat just this once.
It won't ruin your diet.
Chocolate-covered raisins.
Chocolate-covered almonds.
Chocolate-covered peanuts.
Have I gotten your mouth to start watering yet? smiley - drool

Continuing friendship

Post 236

Also ran 1

Dear Paul,Amy,Lady Scott,

thank you for the clarification about steamers.

Now I would like to know why you cannot have fried foods Paul? I suppose that it is because of a high cholesterol. Do you inow that one's body produces cholesterol? I am sure that you do.

In spite of having been on a low cholesterol diet for many years I managed to develop an aneurysm in my left coronary artery which necessitated emergency open heart surgery. I have been careful for the last eight years and have not had one attack of angina since the op. And I do "Cheat" occasionally!! And I have most certainly cheated with all the sugar-free diabetic chocolates which I got given for my birthday!!

Can you not use a frying pan which is non-stick and just a tiny little bit of olive oil - which is apparently very good for people with high choesterols.

I am off to have my oats and Greek yoghurt and Canderel for breakfast. Plus a fistful of both tablets and extra vitamins and anti-oxidants!!,

'Bye for now

Key: Complain about this post