A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private Thread for Ulyclept

Post 1

Ulyclept

Garius, I want to play this so that whoever calls on me will get some sort of assist, but nothing omnipotent, so that they still have to use their wits and be adjudicated by you.

But it would be good to let Sarah get back in time -- so far back that she skips the MC and winds up in the home of a crew member, her own home, for example... or forward in time and in Amelia's classroom or something. That is, Sarah doesn't know how the time machine works.

I'm assuming she'll run for the machine. Can you nudge her toward that plane of action?

Anyway, I was just thinking that the future thread would come to life with another character or two contending smiley - smiley

Post 2

Garius Lupus

Looks like you already nudged her in that direction. smiley - biggrin And the "when" of where she is going is set, too.

I think it would be fun with more playing, too.

The way I rationalized Ulyclept being in the time machine room, is that Ulyclept got there by travelling through time linearly. In other words, Ulyclept never dies, so she/he just hangs around until enough time passes. She knows that Sarah got whisked off to the future, so she just waits for her to show up and call for help.

Now, going back to Normandy, Ulyclept is hopping across time along with Sarah, using the time machine.

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Good to know that the shaman-mage can take advantage of the time machine technology! smiley - ok

*I know I'm not Ulyclept at the moment, but I think Affi and I ought to be able to take the liberty, at least in this private thread, because...

because I'm wondering how we should apportion her actions. Affi, do you want to take turns posting? It would be Not Good if we were to simulpost as Ulyclept and perform conflicting actions*

In her last post, where she guided Sarah back into the time machine, Ulyclept performed good by protecting Sarah as requested, but then overreached and acted in her own interests by having them all go back to Normandy. I hope this is in character with her new, enlarged personality. We can discuss it here as things continue, if anyone has an issue.

I'll re-post this on our list.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more