A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Moderation

Official complaint

Post 1

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

We are being harassed by a researcher who calls himself Blickybadger, U538645. He has somehow managed to add himself to our Friends lists, and has done that even to my brother Empty Sky, who died on 1st March this year. Tnis is a complete desecration, and while other things he has done are bad enbough, this is the worst he has ever done.
We want him deleted and blacklisted at the very least - does he have no idea how much hurt he has caused by this juvenile piece of monkeying around?
We don't know how he did it, and when I challenged him days ago, he had the nerve to try to imply that it had been done by other son, who is here under the name Apparition. Somehow, he has also deleted Apparitions other identity, ®™©, from our spaces. I would like to request that a human send an email to either of us about this, as soon as possible.
Blickybadger should not be able to do *anything* on our spaces, especially Empty Sky's.
from Della the Cat Woman and Maths Wizard.

Official complaint

Post 2

badger party tony party green party

smiley - book while other things he has done are bad enbough smiley - book

They may be bad but evidently not bad enough that you wont do them yourself, does it Della.

Della, havent I tried time and time again to explain to you that its often not a good idea to go around jumping to conclusions. If I wanted to annoy you do you think I'd bother going to those lengths? It is quite easy to do so without even trying so what would I have to gain by doing what you say?

When I suggested you talk to "Appy" about all this I meant he is an expert in computers and he might be more help to you than I in discovering how it could happen, but you can take it anyway you like you usually contrive to find your own meaning for others posts anyway.

The next reply I make on this subject, on any of the multiple threadssmiley - erm is when you or anyone else has found either evidence or motive to back up your libelous accusations.

one love smiley - rainbow

Official complaint

Post 3

SEF

1. U538645 is not the same account as U221317

2. Not everyone who uses the same name is the same person, eg there are: several aka's who accidentally chose the same name; lots of nighthoover tribute accounts; some very nasty clones (eg of Saturnine, one of the aka's and previously other people).

3. If you have lost one personal account for which you have no number (ie ®™©) and mysteriously gained another which you don't recognise, it seems much more likely that it is the same account with a new nickname than that someone external to your family has hacked into your account. In particular this conversation, F96554?thread=383766 , with U538645 does not seem hostile. So could that have previously been a conversation with the missing ®™©?

4. There are 2 versions of friends list: the one to which you add people and the reciprocal one of which people have added you. That latter is easily changed by the other people without hacking your account.

Official complaint

Post 4

Not sure I understand all of that, butsmiley - cheers

Nice work, SEF

Official complaint

Post 5

Researcher 524695

Additionally:

1. Della is a proven liar (links on request).
2. Della and her sons have stated she has very little idea about computers - I therefore wouldn't be surprised if she'd made some of the changes herself, perhaps inadvertently, then "forgotten" about it.
3. The "offence" of monkeying around with Friends lists is at best trivial. On the other hand, making a "serious death threat" against another researcher is about as serious an offence as it is possible to commit in a forum such as this. F1697006?thread=407828 . I would therefore suggest to the moderators that if anyone deserves a warning or a ban, it is Death-threat Della and any of her brood who back her up.

Official complaint

Post 6

while other things he has done are bad enbough, this is the worst he has ever done. No the worst this researcher has done to another researcher is to "monkey" some would call it hack their account. We want him deleted and blacklisted at the very least - does he have no idea how much hurt he has caused by this juvenile piece of monkeying around? Does this still stand now we know who the researcher impersonating me (the sincerest form of flattery Im told) is We don't know how he did it, and when I challenged him days ago, he had the nerve to try to imply that it had been done by other son, who is here under the name Apparition. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1697005?thread=383395 Fancy me suggesting your son Wraith might know more about this than me. I may have a lot of nerve, but Della can you tell us how you have the nerve to fire of death threats over assertions for which you have no evidence at all? You get more and more like the idiot in the Whitehouse everyday. Try thinking before you post or you could just try thinking occasionally it would make things a lot more straight forward around here. one love

Official complaint

Post 7

while other things he has done are bad enbough, this is the worst he has ever done. No the worst this researcher has done to another researcher is to "monkey" some would call it hack their account. We want him deleted and blacklisted at the very least - does he have no idea how much hurt he has caused by this juvenile piece of monkeying around? Does this still stand now we know who the researcher impersonating me (the sincerest form of flattery Im told) is We don't know how he did it, and when I challenged him days ago, he had the nerve to try to imply that it had been done by other son, who is here under the name Apparition. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1697005?thread=383395 Fancy me suggesting your son Wraith might know more about this than me. I may have a lot of nerve, but Della can you tell us how much nerve you have to fire off death threats over assertions for which you have no evidence at all? You get more and more like the idiot in the Whitehouse everyday. Try thinking before you post or you could just try thinking occasionally it would make things a lot more straight forward around here. one love

Official complaint

Post 8

Researcher 524695

In case this is in any way confusing, here is a summary:

Della's son, formerly styled "Wraith", has changed his screenname to "blickybadger", presumably in an attempt to impersonate or discredit the original blickybadger. Such impersonation is in direct contravention of the rules of h2g2. He presumably fails to tell mummy what he's done, or he does tell her and she "forgets".

Della's "Friends" list naturally includes her son.
Empty Sky's "Friends" list naturally includes his nephew.

When Della notices that these two lists now include the name "blickybadger", (her OWN SON, remember), she interprets this as "hacking" and issues a "serious" death threat.

Death-threat Della is a stupid, dishonest woman who has raised stupid, dishonest (and apparently violent) children. I hope this complaint gets the attention and credibility it deserves.

Official complaint

Post 9

You are such liars, the pair of you. I am shocked at what h2g2 has become. You know full well that Apparition/Wraith did no such thing, and there is nothing, nothing at all you won't stoop to, you low life creeps. I've had it.

Official complaint

Post 10

E G Mel

Erm, Can we please all calm down a little, this actually looks like a glitch in the servers somewhere because it is not just the page which is the same but the journal entries and conversations as well (though many of the conversations appear empty).

I've noticed the site is a little slow today so they might be having some problems.

As far as I am aware there is no way someone can play with another researchers user space and the only way this can happen is if they have the relevant user name and password.

It is obvious that there are 2 groups here that don't get on so all I'm going to say is that if you can't be plesant to each other then just steer clear of each other, this site is plenty big enough. smiley - peacedove

Mel smiley - hsif

Official complaint

Post 11

Thanks for the attempt at mediation Mel, but its not the way you say it is.

If you check the link in my previous post which is what Della, should have done before she fired off another off target assault, you will see that "The Wraith" is using my name and if you go to the PS you will see that he has also attempted to clone my PS.

He has mamnaged to confuse Della which isnt hard. I find it sad that he has resorted to this as a way of attacking me. It has upset his mom and brother. Its unimaginative and hypocritical too considering that he lambasted another researcher who did this exact same thing.

Like you I dont mind disagreeing with people, which I have done with Della *and* Member from time to time. The difference is that Della is disagreeable and unwilling to admit when she is wrong. Even in the face of clear evidence. What do you think my chances are of getting an apology for the death threat or untrue accusations?

Official complaint

Post 12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1697006?thread=374614

Official complaint

Post 13

E G Mel

I noticed that just after I posted, all the conversations and such like were created 5 days ago smiley - doh

Mel smiley - hsif

Official complaint

Post 14

Researcher 524695

Dear Death-threat Della,

you say "You know full well that Apparition/Wraith did no such thing".

Can you therefore explain why, in the thread linked below, your late brother greets U538645 with the words "Hi ya Wraith"?

Was your brother so incorrigibly stupid that he would mistake a foreigner you hate for his own nephew?

Or - and I URGE you to consider this for a second - is it possible that back when that conversation took place U538645 was in fact called "Wraith" BECAUSE HE'S YOUR SON.

Have you even bothered to ask your own flesh and blood what his current screenname is, you incorrigibly stupid woman?

F1697005?thread=383395

By the way, I love the opening line of this thread:

"We are being harassed" - the "we" meaning Death-threat Della's family, a family which coincidentally actually includes the person doing the "harassing".

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Official complaint

Post 15

Hello, Mel. We have been trying to find out what's going on, and as you say, 'wraith/blickybadger' has been to an awful lot of trouble, if it's not just a glitch. I have emailed Apparition about this, but it's past midnight here, and so I can only reiterate that *if* blickybadger didn't do this, alone or in cahoots with someone else, I will be very surprised indeed.
Two factions that don't get on, is putting it very mildly indeed. h2g2 has become a very hostile environment this year, and frankly, I've had just about enough. Maths Wizard wants to apologise for the death threats (which believe me, he really meant) but if someone else is responsible, it's not at all unusual for us to suspect blickybadger, as he and at least one other person have kept up a campaign of harassment and torment all year.
The site might be big enough, but not when they follow us everywhere and harass us all hard out, as they have been doing.
As I say, it is an awful lot of trouble to go to, and someone has been very busy stirring. I know who that sounds like! There is no kindness or genuine desire for mediation in them...

Official complaint

Post 16

E G Mel

Ok, I have alerted the mods to various things that I feel necessary. They will probably inform the community editors so that this can be sorted more fully.

In the mean time I suggest that you all either take a break for a while so things can calm down, frequent different threads from each other or if possible you 'play nicely' smiley - winkeye

Oh and I noted in one of the threads that it said this is an American site, thankfully it is not, it is part of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) and is therefore British though the researchers come from around the world.

Now off you go, there's nothing to see here smiley - winkeye

smiley - zensmiley - peacedovesmiley - zen

Mel smiley - hsif

Official complaint

Post 17

Researcher 524695

"Maths Wizard wants to apologise for the death threats (which believe me, he really meant)"

smiley - huh

Dear Death-threat Della - it was YOU wot issued the threat. Nice try at pretending it was someone else, but the threat was issued from YOUR account, which makes YOU responsible. Why am I not surprised that you don't "get" that?

"but if someone else is responsible, it's not at all unusual for us to suspect blickybadger"

Of course not. Prejudice is a proven part of your makeup. Heaven forbid you should actually engage your brain and inspect the evidence.

Official complaint

Post 18

Maths Wizard, currently seething with rage.

Who the hell do you think you are? Go away. "Play nicely"? Seriously.

Official complaint

Post 19

Maths Wizard, currently seething with rage.

Who the hell do you think you are? How can you say such a stupid and incensitive thing as that? I can't think of the right thing to say to you, but if I could, it would be so offensive that you would want to kill me. It would be the kind of thing - like what you said - that would make you want to torture me, make me scream, make me apologise for ever being born. Because that's how I feel about you.

Official complaint

Post 20

Researcher 524695

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

I think I am an adult, and I am right.

"How can you say such a stupid and incensitive thing as that?"

The word is "insensitive" - and what do you mean by "that"? Try to be more specific.

"I can't think of the right thing to say to you"

I forgive you for being inarticulate.

" but if I could, it would be so offensive that you would want to kill me."

Please do not assume that everyone else is as violent and immature as you are. Understand, please, that there is NOTHING you could say to me that would make me want to kill you. My mother raised me to respect the lives and opinions of others. It's just a shame yours didn't.

"It would be the kind of thing - like what you said - that would make you want to torture me, make me scream, make me apologise for ever being born. Because that's how I feel about you."

I pity you your upbringing, my boy, if you are so full of unfocussed rage.

You are guilty of "projection", however. I am not the sort of person who enjoys torturing others. I certainly am not the kind of person who would want to make another human being scream or apologise for ever being born. Those feelings are yours, not mine. Your mother must be very proud of you.

Key: Complain about this post