A Conversation for Goth - a Lifestyle Choice

goth problems...

Post 41

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

That was my first thought but I can barely remember where I live let alone where you live.

Besides, NZ is a large place.

So this is interesting. I'm not completly sure whats going on but thats the effects of absinthe.

goth problems...

Post 42

Schmerzengel

- Unmatching blacks after a few times of washing... Darn blue-black and brown-black.

- Make-up makes you look pretty. The very same make-up, after a few hours of dancing, makes you look like a sad clown.

- There are four (yes, four) shops I know of that sell (highly over-priced) velvet clothing.

- And there is only one place I know of that holds Bauhaus and Siouxsie. That place is the public library.

- Pale skin burns easily. Burns are red and become worse when you cover them up with make-up. Red skin not very Gothic, unless it's your way to state that you are different and not like all the other, paler Goths.

Then again:
- Your socks always match. If they don't, that is another form of expressing your individuality and supreme creativeness.

- One can wear a top they bought centuries ago without anyone shrieking over it being "omgz lyk SOOooooo ten minutes ago!!1!!!!!eleven"

- People who don't have a plush toy for a brain can look past the "scary" factor. If you're nice, you might be able to get complimented by them.

- Goths can get away with being pale as a snowflake all through summer.

- Goths can get away with reading, writing, being interested in history and arts, listening to classical music, playing Roleplaying games and wearing unmatching socks without being called nerdy. (In fact, unless you're wearing a tube sock, no one would even notice your socks. They're safe in your boots.)

goth problems...

Post 43

I go bare footed. It's so much more comfortable. Socks I just wear whatever I find. Normally all I wear is a leather coat and pants. They very rarely need washing and I dont go outside when i can help it. If I tan then meh thats life.

The price and avilability of absinthe.

goth problems...

Post 44

Arisztid Lugosi

having to buy any bauhaus/peter murphy/daniel ash off amazon because my small town doesnt have any of that.

goth problems...

Post 45

That reminds me I want a copy of Deep.

goth problems...

Post 46

belladonna_eyes

walking upstairs in shoes so pointy that your actual foot doesn't reach the step.

goth problems...

Post 47

Walking up stairs in platforms so big your actually a step above the one youre standing on.

goth problems...

Post 48

Jerms - a Brief flicker and then gone again.

Luckily being male I can get away with wearing neither pointy-toes or platforms. Woo!

I'm still laughing about "omgz lyk SOOooooo ten minutes ago!!1!!!!!eleven" smiley - laugh Nice one, Schmerzengel. smiley - ok

goth problems...

Post 49

I wear platforms. Not so much platforms as very large heeled shoes.

Trying to work out how to play music so covered in synthetics you can hardly here it.

goth problems...

Post 50

romantic

hi i'm new by the way. lol.

Here's m y probs as a goth:

1. convincing people not of the subculture and do not actually know anything about it that if ur a goth ur not necessirly:

a. a vampire (u can like Anne Rice novels without BEING an Anne Rice novel ya no! lol smiley - biggrin)

b. a witch (thanku random year 11 who walks past shouting burn the witch.)

c. a satanist (i do not even BELIEVE in Satan let alone WORSHIP him/she/it)

d. a lover of MM, Slipknot, CoF ,etc

e. ALWAYS have to wear black (just cos i'm wearin purple today doesn't mean i'm going out of goth. lol)

f. Evil

g. have an attitude probably

2. convicting other goths that because your a young goth doesn't mean:

a. this a phaze.
b. u like Marilyn Manson

3. convincing people your at a wedding not a funeral.

4.trying to convict those not of the subculture but still at your big brothers party that it's wine ur drinkin - not blood.

5. spilling wine down ur white lacey dress n tryin to explain that it's not blood - still wine!

think of more l8r.

goth problems...

Post 51

My advice would be... don't bother convincing people. If you have to put that much effort into telling people what you are, you may as well just be completely indifferent and let them be ignorant.

Welcome to H2G2. Feel free to Message me. In fact I would be honored to make your aquaintence. I assume you live in the UK as you use the term year 11, correct?

I'd be more worried about getting the wine out of your lacey shirt, thats always unfortunate.

My problems at the moment are...

1. Nowhere sells black carpet. (Don't worry, I found some).
2. Trying to buy absinthe when my parents are home.
3. Not being good enough at violin to play morbidly in a snowy graveyard without thinking I sound terrible.

But on the up side, I found out that Silent night played on a lone violin can be GAF.

And don't say L8r. It looks common.smiley - winkeye

goth problems...

Post 52

Arisztid Lugosi

GAF? whats GAF?

goth problems...

Post 53

Goth as Fsmiley - bleep.

My favourite black top has shrunk!smiley - wah

goth problems...

Post 54

romantic

say l8r as a habit cos i'm always texting people and have got into the habbit of writing in text language. so exuse me if i do.

Yes i'm from England. I live near bristol.

take care xxx

goth problems...

Post 55

Forgiven.

Bristol...

I forget, where is that?

goth problems...

Post 56

Arisztid Lugosi

smiley - yikes your favorite black top has shrunk!!?????? thats aweful! did it shrink up so its too short? because sometimes if you get it all wet and then hang it to dry the weight streches it out a little.

goth problems...

Post 57

I know, thats what I'm going to try. And if that doesn't work I'll send it to you.smiley - biggrin

goth problems...

Post 58

romantic

in the West of England, near wales.

where are you from hun?

take care xxx

goth problems...

Post 59

From the north of Wales, near England.

Well 20 miles from Chester at any rate.

goth problems...

Post 60

romantic

many goths down there? lol. I'm the only goth in my village. lol. Shame. xxx

Key: Complain about this post