A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 301

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Wot a good idea Argon0, I second Jane Horrocks as Trillian & Jack Dee as Marvin if Stephen Moore can't/won't do it. I'd like to see an audition tape of Martin Clunes as Arthur.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 302

orangerocket

I'd like to see Rik Mayall as Zaphod - I think he could bring just the right amount of madness to the role.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 303

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

I fink you mistook my meaning - I was pointing to Jane as absolutely the wrong person to play Trill....

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 304

fords - number 1 all over heaven

That would be so funny, and it would work, if Rik Mayall was Zaphod...a very wise choice smiley - smiley

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 305

Rik Mayall as Zaphod........ Hmm - its a bit mad... but it might just work.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 306

Rik Mayall acts as if he has two heads anyway, he would be perfect! smiley - biggrin

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 307

Researcher 183860

Please excuse me for not knowing, but who is Rick Mayall? I would like to see Hugh Grant as Arthur Dent. Do you think perhaps D.A. is spending a year dead just for tax purposes?

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 308

Rik Mayall was one of the Young Ones (vivian?) and one of the two out of Bottom, as well as Drop Dead Fred....

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 309

lol, could be, could be smiley - winkeye

Jim must go.

Post 310

Very Bad Man

JC oh no. But then again who? The problem with the Arthur role is that he has to be intrinsicly rather boring, well apart from that night on the hill, and well Hollywood superstars tend to be fairly exciting. Paul Daniels maybe? erm maybe not a lot. VBM out. (peace)

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 311

Researcher 184009

I'm not sure about appearance... but Eric Idle sounds like a good voice for arthur. Now Jim Carey? I truly think that Is a rumour. I'm still curious what they're gonna do with Zaphod in the movie... that'll probably take a lot of make up... And I also wonder what they may do with Marvin. Actually I don't think they should make this movie. I don't even know for sure if they are. A lot of us are huge fans of this series, and by making a movie of it... it may spoil the whole thing.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 312

But it could also be a masterpiece (as long as they keep JC at least a light year away from it! Saw Me, Myself and Irene last night - What a waste of time - 2 or 3 laughs is all...)... It would also be the culmination of DNAs dreams, and should be done as a memorial to him....

Well that's my HO...

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 313

At least we have the technology to create realistic robots (although Marvin is cute and retro smiley - smiley ) and to create an extra head onto Zaphod. Maybe it's a good thing in a way that the film has been stuck in Development Hell?

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 314

Time to bring it out though... If they can make LOTR they can make THHGTTG too....

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 315

Hear hear, Hitchhikers is far superior.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 316

Shorter too...

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 317

Kirikugi - Muse of Lavalamps

I have two nominations for roles in the movie - both british...
Nicholas Lyndhurst (Rodney from Only Fools and Horses but using his voice from Goodnight Sweetheart) as Arthur and Alan Davies (Jonathan Creek) as Ford. Just imagine him saying 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' a few times. smiley - biggrin
-K

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 318

Hmmmmmm, and he has crazy hair too just like David Dixon! Sweet!

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 319

Alan Davies as Ford? - How about as Arthur.... Nah - 2nd thoughts - NL makes a better Arthur...

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 320

Purple Moose - He comes, he goes. But mainly the latter...

What about Phil Jupitus as Vogon Jeltz?
smiley - reindeer

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more