A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

I'm gonna raise a mass theological debate here: God; fact, or fiction

Post 15361

astrolog

Nogg, I can do the the boyo but the valley boyos would call me a posh townie.

Alji

Post 15362

azahar

Oh dear, Alji!

Not even remotely close! She sounds like an American television presenter a la Entertainment Tonight. Well okay, you got the 'exceptionally creative, sexy, funny, clear, sincere, crazy or natural . . .' bit down okay smiley - winkeye but seriously not the voice. I honestly don't sound anything like that.

Minnie mouse perhaps?

az

Post 15363

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

Forgive my ignorance, but what does a druid actually do? How is a druid different from a witch? Who decides who is a druid and who isn't?

Also, the whole thing about knowledge, there. I think these are the only things we know for sure:

1. I exist. (Where I is the knower)
2. I perceive.

Everything else we just work out from weighing up the facts. Eg, Question: Am I a gherkin?

Evidence: I don't think I look like a gherkin, I don't think a gherkin can do the things that I can do, but then again, it might be that I am actually a gherkin floating in a jar attached to a brain and having all the world around me beamed in there somehow or something vaguely The-Matrix-like.

Conclusion: I am not a gherkin.

Now, I could consider it to be "knowledge" that I am not a gherkin, which in fact I do. This is because the chances that I am a gherkin are so minute. This does not mean, however, that there is absolutely no chance at all that I am a gherkin.

Merry Christmas.

Post 15364

Researcher 185550

az,

smiley - laugh

Post 15365

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Your talk of valley "boyos" reminds me of the late actor Richard Burton. What a man and actor this Welshman was. One of my heros.

Post 15366

azahar

Now that is something I've never really thought about before!

Math,

What does a druid actually *do*??? smiley - winkeye

Door,

I am also not a gherkin. Some think I sound like Lorelei King though this is mere gossip and conjecture. Don't believe it! But you can be a gherkin if you like.

Is it bed-time yet? smiley - erm

az

Post 15367

Researcher 185550

I don't think I'm a gherkin. I havn't checked recently.

Post 15368

astrolog

Roadkill, I hadn't really thought about your voice but a 'John de Holland' might fit. Hear him @ http://www.vocalpoint.net/mvo/holland/

Alji

Post 15369

astrolog

Richard (Jenkins the voice) Burton. You can see some nice photos of the valley (Cwmafan) @ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.brian.wagstaffe/Pontrhyd.html

Alji

Post 15370

Yes I coming from mining stock. The SW Durham coalfields were similar to your valleys. So were the people. Not sure what's happened lately but I believe the essential character of the people lives on. I am proud of my father's family and the warm tradition of pit village life. So was R Burton.

Post 15371

See that aquaduct in your link Alji...I have a photograph of Richard and his father walking across here in ca 1953. You have to have lived this stuff to understand what it was like then.

Boy oh boy how times have changed!

Post 15372

azahar

smiley - coffeesmiley - coffeesmiley - coffeesmiley - coffeesmiley - coffee

smiley - yawn

another sleepless night . . .

Post 15373

The Guild of Wizards

Oetzi, I can remember what it was like 44 years ago when I rode under the aqueduct and up the hill on the east side on my new Triumph Palm Beach bike.

Math have a look at this site; http://www.earlybritishkingdoms.com/index.html

Alji

Post 15374

toxxin - ¡umop apisdn w,I 'aw dlaH

Az. May I recommend the BBC World Service. If the Women's Programme doesn't send you to sleep, WestWay almost certainly will!

toxx

Post 15375

Researcher 185550

Is world service all that bad? I was really annoyed 'cos they broadcast it everywhere except here. Well, unless you have an international radio.

Post 15376

Roadie. Assuming that 'here' is the UK - it's on the same frequency as Radio 4, after the latter finishes. I guess it's available on the net or short wave at other times. Doubtless, Google would find the details. I have a radio that does short wave which only cost £20. Digital tuning and sensor for the best signal too! One of the Lidl specials, so you have to grab one while they're in stock.

toxx

Post 15377

azahar

toxx,

In fact, I would have no problem sleeping *now* but I have to work! smiley - wah Perhaps I should make a recording of that programme to play in the wee hours? smiley - winkeye

Alji,

I checked the female voices on the link you gave Roadkill and I think I sound a bit like the Canadian woman there, but somewhat 'softer' (wimpier?) smiley - smiley

az

Post 15378

az. In the UK, at least, this stuff is on at just those wee hours. If the stuff is boring, you sleep; if interesting, you enjoy the extra wakefulness. My cyberbuddy, JR, tells me he does the same. We have the advantage of rarely needing to surface at any particular time. In fact, he only goes out of his house about once a week to do the shopping. Swears that it suits him just fine. I keep a low profile because of the bandits, of course.

toxx

Post 15379

The Guild of Wizards

There are two az, Patricia Rodriguez and Natasha Abou-Keer
http://www.vocalpoint.net/fvo/rodriguez/
http://www.vocalpoint.net/fvo/abou/

Which one?

Alji

Post 15380

azahar

Alji,

I think closer to Patricia (doing the Armani ad). At least it is closer than the twangy American one from yesterday. smiley - smiley

az

Key: Complain about this post