A Conversation for The Crossed Purposes Pub

The pub is open!

Post 961

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Hey... that wasn't very nice... You just take it back!!! Kes is a master of his own spit...!!!

Now, Arutha, you just apologize to Kes, or Sophocles the Cat will attack!!! smiley - tongueout

The pub is open!

Post 962

Opinionated Lurker

Kes is a spitmaster? Sophocles is an Attack cat?
i must stop turning up late at threads....

The pub is open!

Post 963

Opinionated Lurker

Kes is a spitmaster? Sophocles is an Attack cat?
i must stop turning up late at threads....

The pub is open!

Post 964

Opinionated Lurker

...and pressing post twice

The pub is open!

Post 965

I think we can find it in our hearts to forgive you.... smiley - tongueout

The pub is open!

Post 966

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

Here we are. Looking at cats, and dogs, and beer, and what else is around. I do hope there is a story about it coming up soon!

The pub is open!

Post 967

Gwennie

Yes, people in glass houses and all that...

Yes, people in glass houses and all that...

smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale

The pub is open!

Post 968

Gwennie

I could tell another one of my husband's silly jokes if you like, Englander... smiley - smiley

The pub is open!

Post 969

Oh, could you?

*Engländer crawling into his little, conservative compartment of his mind, having a look if he is to shoked of what he might hear. Someone from the "Basic insticts"department of his soul comes sniggering over, and says: LET HER GO ON WITH IT!*

The pub is open!

Post 970

Gwennie

*Gives Engländer a wicked grin* smiley - biggrin

I'll take that as a "Yes" then... smiley - winkeye

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A man goes for an interview for a job on the railways and is quizzed thoroughly by his potential employers as to how he would react in an emergency.

"Now," says the railway interviewer, "what would you do if a train was coming in one direction and another was coming from the other direction, on the same piece of track?"

"Easy!" replies the man..."I'd set the signal to red, then the trains would stop."

"Ah!" says the interviewer, "But the signals aren't working."

"Well then," says the man, "I'd pull the lever and switch the points to another track so the trains would miss each other."

"Okay!" says the interviewer, "You pull the lever and the switch is frozen. What do you do now?"

"Well," says the man, "I'd run down the track and switch the points manually."

"Right." says the interviewer, "You get to the points and they're rusted solid and won't move..."

"Alright," perseveres the man, "I'd run back to the signal box, get the red flag out, run up the track a little way and flag the on-coming train to a stop."

"Ye-es..." says the interviewer, thoughtfully. "You run back to the signal box, only to find it's on fire and you can't get in..."

Well, the man thinks for a moment and then responds, "In that case, I'd run down the road and fetch my Uncle Archie..."

"Why on Earth would you do that?" asks the interviewer.

"Well," says the man, "he's never seen a train crash!!!"

smiley - cool

The pub is open!

Post 971

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*applauds then reaches for another smiley - ale*

The pub is open!

Post 972

This will be realy difficult, knowing what everyone realy means with those new smilies.

Har. Har. What a joke.

The pub is open!

Post 973

I'm going to be really conservative with the new smileys, and treat them like a very strong herb -- too much could overpower what one's trying to say! But having smiley - ale, that's not before time.

The pub is open!

Post 974

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

[Phillipa]

Thank you for the invite to the new stables, Lil. Let me know when it opens and I'll be there. I have ridden both English and Western, and have taught western riding! I have trained horses also, using natural horsemanship techniques. smiley - winkeye

I liked the joke, Gwennie! hehe!

*Stoops and pets Sopho.*

I wonder if typing (Y) would get me a martini?

The pub is open!

Post 975

Kes

*Sopho closes her eyes and purrs*

Well, if there's to be English riding, I'll come along for a hack. Never fancied Western style ... don't think I could cope with a sitting trot.

The pub is open!

Post 976

You people are perverts!!!! hahahaha... smiley - tongueout

The pub is open!

Post 977

Kes

Not if you stick with the rising trot, dear! smiley - smiley

The pub is open!

Post 978

I foresee two kinds of threads when the stable formally opens -- story threads of going on hacks or hunts or cross-country gallops, and real substantive horse-talk.

I think I'm about to turn in for the night -- stayed up very late watching the non-election!

The pub is open!

Post 979

Kes

Don't blame you, Lil ... and still no result!

Count me in for the "hacks"!

The pub is open!

Post 980

...perverts... smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more