This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

The weather report from Austin and other places around the world

Post 4821

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

If the current eight-day forecast turns out to be accurate, we'll make it 90 days of scorchio.

Post 4822

Scorchio no. 88 (100°).

Post 4823

Scorchio no. 89 FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD WILL SOMEONE JOG THE TURNTABLE, THE DAMN RECORD'S STUCK! (103°).

Post 4824

broelan

Wish I could send you some cooler weather. We're well into a nice autumn. Shame you can't visit on your upcoming time off (you did say your vacation time was coming up somewhere, didn't you?)

Who'da thunk that "going somewhere nice" on your holiday would mean somewhere 30 degrees cooler?

Post 4825

Who said I can't visit? smiley - whistle

We've already hit scorchio today, btw, so that makes it number 90, but it's cooled off a degree or two and there are some huge storm clouds over south Austin right now, although the actual storms are 20 - 30 miles south and moving further away. There could be more development later though.

Post 4826

broelan

I'd have thought by now you'd have your holiday plans all set.

smiley - bigeyes

You could always come visit...

Post 4827

Plans... nope, you've lost me there. What are those?

Post 4828

Wanna know how much this weather has messed up my head?

I just read a tweet from work saying that tickets for the midnight shows of the next Twilight film are going on sale this weekend smiley - headhurts. But, wait, but... that's in November, so why are we putting them on sale in the middle of summer? smiley - huh

Oh, yeah, tomorrow's the first day of October and it's only six weeks away smiley - cdouble The fact that's it's still 90° out there is neither here nor there.

Post 4829

Only after a summer like the one we just had can 90° be described as 'Sunny and mild', especially when it's 4° above normal for the time of year smiley - roflhttp://austin.ynn.com/content/weather/8_day_forecast/

And last night a new daily temperature record was set at the airport... a minimum temperature! <online2long)

Post 4830

The weather seems to have settled down somewhat, although we're still getting far too many temperatures above the 83°F normal for this time of the year. There's a forecast of a cold front coming through on Monday night which will not only drop our daytime temperatures below 80, but might mean some sub-50 temps at night smiley - bigeyes

Post 4831

Hyperstar

The UK is very cold this time of year but at least we has sunshine today smiley - cheers

Post 4832

Must be quite a shock to plunge back into autumn after that unusually warm weekend recently.

Post 4833

Shea the Sarcastic

Why yes ... yes it has ...

smiley - hug

Post 4834

Shea the Sarcastic

Urgh! I can't get it to keep my name on there. This is Shea. *sigh*

Post 4835

Baron Grim

You're name appears correct to me. I may be only seeing your suffix however.

What I see is "- Shea the Sarcastic".

I tried changing my name today but I think it's still broked. At least in Brunel.

Post 4836

Shea the Sarcastic

I can only see your U number. Guess there are still some smiley - antsmiley - spidersmiley - antsmiley - spider to work out yet.

Post 4837

Baron Grim

Interesting. Well, I just went back to the settings screen and attempted to change it again and noticed at the bottom of the page the following note:

"We're working on this bit still. We would like to have had it ready by now but the order of new Hampsters didn't turn up.

We apologise for the inconvenience."

So, I may be a bit nameless for a bit.

smiley - towel Baron Grim nee Count Zero

Post 4838

Baron Grim

smiley - yikes I just tried to add a suffix thinking that might help but I hit a major error. Lots of nasty looking code-y type stuff with "stack traces" & everythin'.

Post 4839

Hyperstar

Bad news its suppose to get even colder as the week goes on in the UK

Post 4840

Have you ditched CZ, BG? Will you be BG from now on... Or just a number smiley - evilgrin You know how I love to change my name once or twice a month, but I'm going to steer clear of that habit until they fix the bug.

I was just talking to Mina about signatures to help identify numberfied Researchers. I used to have one: smiley - grrsmiley - oksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - hangoversmiley - online2long which spells GOSHO, but I kept forgetting to use it so I gave up on the idea.

Any road up, weather!

We're supposed to be getting a powerful cold front tonight or in the early hours, which is great for the temperatures tomorrow - highs below 70/21 smiley - bigeyes But that means when I go to bed tonight it's going to be warm and balmy, but some time during the night it's going to get chilly. What to do? Sweat under the duvet at bedtime or wake up shivering at 5am? smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more