A Conversation for The h2g2 Tour - An Introduction to h2g2

Satan-Worship

Post 121

SEF

But do you believe? smiley - winkeye

Satan-Worship

Post 122

glen berro

I prefer Samba pati. And there is no diff between good and evil. Neither exist unless they they are in you.
Your choice.

Satan-Worship

Post 123

flyingfireballxl5

i worship the lord of the ring

those god or satan rearly exist
or was it just a good book. who know?

Satan-Worship

Post 124

Fraggle

Let's face it, y'all, no-one really knows what the hell is going on! Yeah, I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean I hate religion, be it Satanism, Scientology or the Church of England. What really bugs me, however, is the way people seem to feel justified in using little scraps of scripture, dogma or teaching to justify doing odd things. "Satanists" do it to justify all kinds of odd ideas from self-harm to crap music, "Christians" do it to justify blowing up sexual health clinics, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, etc etc etc...
Let's just get on with evolving and getting the hell away from the mess we've put ourselves in so far.
But don't end all religions, or I'll be out of a job...

Satan-Worship

Post 125

CrownedOne

it is posible to discuss religion without hating it, though gd point with the scraps of scripture bit.

Are we not alking about satan worship cos nobody knows a blid thing about it?

Satan-Worship

Post 126

Ryan the Daemon Prince - Dealing Arms to Svalbard Since 1995

I am a Chaosist (not much different from Satanism except we don't worship anything). I used to be a Satanist too, but I stopped as I didn't find it as appealing as the stuff I'm doing now (Chaos Magic). And now that I've stopped, everyone at school has suddenly learned that I used to be a Satanist and now I'm getting al sorts of lovely questions, like: "Were you really a Satanist" (that one has been asked over 50 times now), "Did you actually ever sacrifice anything", etc. Have you ever been persecuted for your beliefs?

Removed

Post 127

xdreasdatruthx

This post has been removed.

Satan-Worship

Post 128

CrownedOne

a laast somone who knows what they are talking about :P so whats your opinon on whatever it is were ment to be discussing?

Satan-Worship

Post 129

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Ummm... Ryan, several of my friends are Chaos Magicians and would probably take issue with the idea that it only differs from Satanism by the lack of worship.

Satan-Worship

Post 130

fLUXman

satan , god , whatever they are all our imagination. Our creativity which has led us to dualistic concept of thought. what I would like to add here is that infinity that which is everything also comes before zero. If we wish to get out of this rut the key is to try to put our mind in a state of zero thus we could tap our infinity whenever.
I believe humanity needs new gods that are multi dimensional, someone like Shiva who is both a destroyer and creator( and he likes to dance). the concept of Shiva is universal consciousness. satan could be his buddy along with gods and others.
worship, hey its just trying to get your mind to one,zero,,,,and infinite.
Now with the availability of live TV , internet , have we forgotten that we are living in our future.
like the 2001 a space oddesy , we have been praying to meteors in the form of Shiva Lingums. The present religious tensions in the world need to be defused. Why are we blindly groping behind Nostradamus trying to prove him right? Why don't we agree for once that he is wrong even once. The true culprits are the guys who migrated to the united states then eradicated the indeginous Indians and are now trying to tell us that they have every right to fiddle with another ancient culture founded by prophet Mohammed. well I see Bush as the Satan in the present perspective. like he is singly responsible in pushing crude prices from 20-25$ to +80$ this is nothing but the work of satan. Who stands to gain and for what???
bo0om
fLUXman

Satan-Worship

Post 131

CrownedOne

well that isnt a post you should read at quarter past midnight, rather than doing all that 0, infinity stuff wouldnt it be a lot easyer jsut to asume we live in a rational universe, live our lives try to be nice to people and enjoy the benifits of science without belivng in a god and or devil?

Satan-Worship

Post 132

fLUXman

bo0om crowned one,
rational/irrational and there are a million other lines of thought leading us to further chaos. science , great but what are we doing? and why? and for whose benefit, if you think about that it will all lead to stupid greediness ( more and more no end in sight towards infinity ). and let me remind you that science is still groping in the dark now they are theorizing it must be strings and parallel universes, what tommorow. cant even explain to my daughter how a leaf is made using science. in the name iof science they are standardizing us to their specifications. like they teach you a lot of useless stuff and you become a doctor, then its forget all this and try to create something new. why not discover naturally for yourself what you need whenever you need it.
bo0om
fLUXman

Satan-Worship

Post 133

CrownedOne

well tbh i proberbly could explain to your daughter and im not exactly hugly knolaable, and im sure that a specielist in the field would have an answer but science is, in my opinion, as much about admitting that we dont have all the answers as finding them. I guess its the god of the gaps point and a lot of Apollagetics has moved on from that argument i know but science is about a quest for the truth and in order to do that you ahve to except that you dont already know what it is, ie. God.

I think thats slightly different to what you were saying, so ill try to answer that now. Im not 100% sure what your saying will lead to greed etc. however im sure there are a million other lines of thought, ive yet to hear of a usful one. Surly what matters is making a better world for everyone to live in (personaly i cant see how thinking about 0 and infinity acheves this)Some of that "making things better" is scientific some of it is people perseption but i think its hugly overcomplicated, being nice and kind is incredibly easy and doenst require god, satan or any other being, it doesnt even require 0 and infinity.

Satan-Worship

Post 134

binthabdullah

hey
why dont u all do a bit of research on islam.maybe u'll like what u find there.In my opinion it's the most logical religion. Atleast in the quran u'll never find any contradictions-there's only one version.

Satan-Worship

Post 135

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Not that keen on logic meself, hence my own Discordian leanings (though that's more of a philosophy than a religion).

Satan-Worship

Post 136

binthabdullah

ok-fair enuf.well atleast check out this website....
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/475/viewall/

Satan-Worship

Post 137

Fraggle

Islam is a very appealling religion (green, peaceful, inclusive of all colours and races), but there are a few contradictions in the Qu'ran. True, it has never been changed since it was first dictated by Muhammad (pbuh), but there are a few examples of mind-changing. I may be wrong (so apologies if I am), but doesn't the Qu'ran say at one point that Jews and Christians get into heaven too, then at another it says that they don't?
I am NOT Islam-bashing, I just don't trust any religion that claims to offer a universal get-out clause in having to think for oneself. The Torah, the Bible, the Vedas/Upanisads, all of them seem to offer people a way out of using their freewill.
Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical. Comes from a good ol' C of E upbringing!

Satan-Worship

Post 138

binthabdullah

i understand where ur coming from- i think i know the verses ur referring to so ill just clear it. well islam actually believes that all true jews, true christians (and others since adam who followed their prophets)of THEIR era, will ofcoarse go to paradise. But now since the latest and last messenger that God sent-muhammad(pbuh)-has come-we have to follow his teachings. Every religion has had the same basic teachings but perhaps some diff. commandments wich were suitable for their time only. But islam is now the final and complete form of religion-till eternity. No new prophet or religion will come from God. It’s a hadeeth that the H.p said, ‘whoever hears of me and he dusn’t believe in me will go to hell.’ Which is what the other verse u’r referring to means. NOW if sum1 isn’t a muslim -provided he has actually heard of islam and Muhammad (pbuh)-then he’ll go to hell. Then I guess the q arises why wud God keep changing religions. Well 1stly God aint the one who’s given the religions names-so its just us who think that their diff when actually the teachings were all technically the same-worship one God(im only talking about the ‘revealed religions’), 2ndly as I sed God revealed commandments according to the era and time. This is the last era.

Well-as a muslim im gnna tlk from my perspective ofcoarse. I dnt think islam stops u from thinking. Infact so many times Allah talks in the quran about using ur intellect and thinking. Unfortunately not many muslims use their intellect and study the quran properly…

And about the freewill thing-.its up to u if u wanna take up a religion or not in the first place. But in islam the whole point is submission to God(hence the name islam wich means peace aswell as submission)-that’s its basic teaching but I dnt think ur letting go of ur free will. Infact u have to actually differentiate between desires and ur intellect and its actually ur desires ur letting go of. But its ur own choice.
everything in the universe-trees, the sun or wotever-theyre naturally following God’s will. And we as humans hav bin given freewill. So someone who follows what God has sed despite aving freewill-is definitely more special than something like the sun-following the daily course-who dint hav a choice wether to come out from the east or the west. And ofcoarse wots the reward? An eternity of following our desires! Its like if u want a good grade u gtta work for it.(sorry 4 the preaching but I cnt help maself)
So basically a religion is telling u the do’s n don’ts. We def have freewill- We always hav a choice even within the religion...but its the ability to choose with in limits e.g eat wot u want but not the forbidden stuff. If u choose to follow a religion-that’s ur free will. U chose it.
Quite frankly I think life’s short and we’l be dust b4 we know it so we gtta make the rite choice. It’s a big risk if hell duz exist. If there aint a God then it dnt matter-u live and u die and that’s that-if there is-then u can just pray from the bottom of ur heart- ‘if u exist God-then guide me to the truth’.
Heres an interesting article…check it out…a bit off the topic I know… http://www.jamaat.net/name/nameintro.htm
p.s. about satan-I believe he exists-yes he makes us do rong but if we chose to follow his temptation then we’re still to blame. Theres two aspects- him tryin to make us go astray and then our own desires. I mean after all how did satan go astray in the first place-his desires! He wanted more importance than man. Islam says that’s why he refused to prostrate to Adam.

Satan-Worship

Post 139

Fraggle

Thanks for clarifying that for me mate - always wondered about that bit. I guess it's one of those things - people will change their minds.

Thanks again Binthabdullah.

Anyway, aren't we meant to be ridiculing wannabe Satanists? Damn those goths with their cradle of slipknot bands and stick-on piercings...

happy new year y'all,

Frag x

Satan-Worship

Post 140

binthabdullah

well i wudnt wanna be ridiculing 'em-lolz-i hav a few friends who fit that description-or atleast used to.
well i joined this forum to find out whats satan-worship all abt....so if neone knows do enlighten me...

Key: Complain about this post