A Conversation for The h2g2 Tour - An Introduction to h2g2

Gravity the unknown force

Post 1

James42

Gravity the unknown force


If you cannot see it is it there? If it were not for magnetism science would be hard pressed to understand natural forces that do spectacular things, but are little understood. What is the major difference between the week force and the strong force? Is this terminology just scientific gobble de gook? Have you ever wondered why a magnet picks up iron but not paper? Or have you ever wondered why there is no north and south to static electricity yet it will repel under certain conditions?

Just think of it; science has known for nearly one hundred years, that there are conditions under which static will repel itself, but they have not yet been able to see how this ties in with overcoming the power of gravity. The reason does appear to be that the logic of the scientist has been put into a straitjacket. What is it that is holding science spellbound all these years? It appears to be what they see as the magnitude of the situation. For example, for two spheres to repel they need to be of the same mass and the same potential.
Trying to create the same potential as the earth is quite a problem for science as they see it. Is there a way round the problem? The efforts so far to circumvent the problem have not met with any success. It does seem though that millions of pounds are being used on creating a steamroller to crack a nut. A great deal of effort is still put in, to create larger, and larger voltages on spheres, which is known to be doomed to failure, because of the natural limits on capacitance. Then they do not admit to what the real agenda is, as most of the work carried out is considered to be for the testing of insulators, or is funded under some other guise.

So how do we trick the planet into feeling that the force that it is encountering is equal to its own?

And how do we stop the force from grounding itself while it is being charged up?

Now these are not big problems, but so far science has not been able to resolve them, even though the nutcracker is easier to make, than the steamroller.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 2

SEF

James, you've been around long enough by now to know better than to post in inappropriate places.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 3

James42

So were might you consider appropriate then Sef?


Gravity the unknown force

Post 4

SEF

If you are attempting to write an h2g2 entry, then the "Write an Entry" link to create an article page attached to your account would be the obvious one. Though there's also the option of making it an uneditable rant in your journal (which is attached to your personal space page).

Were any of your questions to be genuine rather than rhetorical (despite your content and formatting indicating the contrary), then there's the general <./>Askh2g2</.> area. There's also a rival science area within h2g2: A4108330


Gravity the unknown force

Post 5

shagbark

Also when I first saw this title I thought maybe you were going to say that Gravity has no entry and thus is not the complete guide to everything.
I have not checked to see whether such an entry exists.
If it did not I would note the fact in challenge h2g2.smiley - smiley


Gravity the unknown force

Post 6

James42

Gravel chewing is an art practised when some have nothing to say but are still wishing to make a comment.

Why this subject should cause so much gravel chewing is beyond my comprehension, I do not see anything religious or political about this subject but those gravel chewing readers, find they are still unable to contain themselves.

How would you like me to help you increase the potential of a sphere beyond what is possible in today’s scientific world.

James smiley - ok


Gravity the unknown force

Post 7

supercoopes

no its not gravity ur just fatsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


Gravity the unknown force

Post 8

shagbark

I think we can skip this stop on the tour smiley - winkeyesmiley - space.
shagbark unsubscribes.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 9

Kiteman

Hello, James,

I'm really just posting this as a test of the functionality of the dna boards, but I'm quite depressed to see that you still think gravity can be overcome by static electricty to such an extent that spaceflight can be achieved.

Please tell me; you don't still think that you can fly faster than light just be flying faster and faster, do you?

It's sad, really. You haven't even thought up any new "insults" since last I saw you post. I bet you can't even define "gravel chewing" in this context, can you?

(Prediction: James will either completely ignore this post, or just accuse me of chewing gravel as well.)

Bye for now, James.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 10

James42

It is obvious that no one here has the slightest idea of how forces can be manipulated by other forces.

To discover for one self so that they can make the proud boast of scientific proficiency they geode some one who does know into telling them, then they can then go round boasting how clever and proficient they are, when in reality they are just plagiarists.

Any honest and normal person would just modestly ask for an explanation. The rest chew gravel.

For all those that have difficulty understanding how charges can be manipulated just brush up on the electronics of the old fashion TV tube. James smiley - eureka


Gravity the unknown force

Post 11

Kiteman

(Prediction correct.)

James,

We asked you to explain your daft ideas a long time ago on both the original BBC boards and their more recent incarnation.

You couldn't/wouldn't do it then, so why expect any difference now?

"Cathode Ray Tubes" (traditional TVs) work because they use electromagnetic forces to deflect electrostatic charges. Unless you have managed what mainstream science has failed to do, and unified gravitional forces and electromagnetic forces into a single, unified concept, then you cannot hope to manipulate or negate gravitational forces with electrostatic charges.

This has, of course, been explained to you a number of times, but, like a good Theocratic Warrior, you pretend that those explanations didn't happen.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 12

James42

When people like yourself is looking into space all they see is darkness, so how could some one with your eyes see what is really there? James smiley - sadface


Gravity the unknown force

Post 13

Kiteman

Confronted by people who know what they are talking about, and (worse for James) know what James and his JW ilk are really up to, James retreats into fake philosophising.

It's never washed before, James, and it never will as long as you lack the courage to think for yourself instead of swallowing what the anonymous Watchtower editors tell you is more validly the word of God than the Bible itself.

Sad, James, very sad.


Gravity the unknown force

Post 14

James42

So why are you wasting your time here? James
smiley - smiley


Gravity the unknown force

Post 15

Kiteman

Sorry, James, did you say something?

If you must know, I was copying some of my Guide entries for use elsewhere.

And if, by popping in every 3 or 4 of weeks, I am wasting my time, what are you doing ... ?

Oh, and I was wondering, what are the latest developments in the Masonic Conspiracy against you? Could it be that they are the reason your antigravity sphere still won't work? Or could it be because you are still ignoring the basic laws of physics?


Gravity the unknown force

Post 16

James42

And who wrote them may we ask? James smiley - cool


Gravity the unknown force

Post 17

Kiteman

You may ask, and the answer will be found in no Holy Word, not even the Watchtower.

The laws were not written to be enforced, they are merely descriptions of the way the Universe Is. They cannot be broken, there is no artificial moral code involved, to mythical sky-fairy who will punish you if you break them.

It is simply a basic fact of reality that nothing can cross the speed of light, no matter how hard you push, and no matter how much effort you put into pretending you can.

Or can you prove me wrong?


Gravity the unknown force

Post 18

James42

Did-dums still not been able to work it out never mind you have plenty of company.

One you can not push things faster than the speed of light, then the object of the exercise is not to push. James
smiley - run


Gravity the unknown force

Post 19

Mr_A_Dent

Doesn't it depend on the 'Actual' speed of the light?

-Now be clear, I'm not necessarily talking about C (the speed of light in a vacuum), for example light passing through Sodium at -273 Degrees, moves at only 38 miles/hour (Thanks Q.I.)

Pretty sure I go faster than that in my Car.

smiley - cheers


Gravity the unknown force

Post 20

Mr_A_Dent

>>What is the major difference between the week force and the strong force?

About 7 days?smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post