smiley - bat

103Xth Conversation at the Atelier of Lil

Post 2082

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I knew someone here would have a good suggestion! Thanks, Taff! smiley - smiley

Post 2083

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I have to admit that when I thought about what I might give up for Lent, I was wondering, what's left?? But one can always forswear showing a bad attitude, or impatience, or something like that.

I mean, I'm just not giving up my fun-size snickers bars.

Everyone fit and dressed for tomorrow's run?

Post 2084

I'm giving up foods that cause me acid, so basically, I'm giving up everything I like.

Post 2085

Taff Agent of kaos

i would give up hangoverssmiley - hangover for lentsmiley - erm

i'd just stay drunksmiley - drunk

smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale

smiley - bat

Post 2086

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I'm as ready as I can be Lil. Just have the work stumbling block so I might show up in the 3rd LED.

Post 2087

Titania (gone for lunch)

*puts on running shoes*

Spring is definitely on the way - when I walked home from the bus stop yesterday, the melmeltmelt water hadn't yet frozen back into ice even though the sun had already set.

And this morning (sunshine - whopeee!) I hear an odd muttering. It was one of the magpies courting another magpie.

Bought a vanilla latte from a place new to me (sorry, IIEM) and they had a nice quote on the counter:

Life is uncertain
Eat dessert first

Post 2088

Spaceechik, Typomancer

That's the banner phrase on my PS here. Always thought it was good advice. smiley - smiley

Glad to hear the meltmeltmelt is working. It was actually very warm today; had to open my front door.

Post 2089

Z

I've never done that version of religion which involved giving up things for lent. Though I should make more of an effort to stick to veganism.

Post 2090

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Pass me the Stupid Hat.

Er, do we *have* a Stupid Hat? I suppose a dunce cap would work as well...

Anyway, Tom had asked me to go to the thrift store to see if I could figure out a problem with the cash register. Since he's heard sounds coming from the brakes (which I haven't--then again, I normally have noisy kids in the car) I took his truck instead of my car. It's been awhile since I drove the truck, and even longer since I drove it at night. (I think most folks see where this is going...) Evidently, I didn't pull the knob out far enough to turn the headlights on. I was pulled over less than 2 blocks from the thrift store. OK, that's bad enough, but since my record is absolutely clean, I thought I might just get off with a warning. Well, turns out my license expired on my last birthday. I never got a renewal notice. All I can figure is that the DMV has my old address, and the notice wasn't forwarded (or even placed on top of the mailboxes in the mailroom, since we're in the same apartment complex, just a different apartment...) I was told that, technically, I could've been taken to jail, since driving without a license is a misdemeanor. Instead, the officer told me to call for a ride, which I did do. Of course, since I was headed for the thrift store, and I don't have a key for the door, I had both sets of keys... (Actually, come to think of it, maybe it's just as well Tom had to walk across town, even if it *was* raining and nearly midnight--we couldn't've taken both vehicles home anyway...) After I called Tom, I walked the less-than-2-blocks to the thrift store, since I thought I might as well see if I could fix the register instead of sitting in the truck for however long it took for Tom to arrive.

So I got the register figured out, but without the result we wanted, and waited for Tom. He called when he was almost there, and I unlocked the door for him. We walked back to the truck, and the sheriff's car drove by. (I assume he was checking to see if the truck was still there--since there were 2 people walking to the truck, he shouldn't have a problem with the truck being gone when he drives back, right?)

Tomorrow, I'll have to walk over to drop Grace of at her carer's, and Tom will have to pick her up, take me to the DMV, pick Faith up from school, and then pick me up from the DMV when I call to tell him I'm done. Or else I'll wake up with a sore throat (I learned this morning that I've been exposed to scarlet fever at work) and Tom'll need to watch Grace while I go to the doctor and *then* go to the DMV...

I have a courtdate next month. smiley - sigh

Post 2091

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Oh, Amy, such rotten luck. I'm sorry.
smiley - towel

Post 2092

Z

How annoying! smiley - hug

Which reminds me I must change the address on my license..

Post 2093

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That sucks Amy. I'm actually going to work today. Still don't feel completely well but, I've already missed 3 days this week and can't really afford any more.

Post 2094

Bluebottle

The thing with Lent is it is really a personal goal, if you want to have one. It does mean that if you give something up, you'll enjoy it more when you have it again.

I've not given up smiley - tea, though. That would be silly.

<BB<

Post 2095

Metal Chicken

Amy, that's tough, it's so easy to miss renewal dates for these things.

As a Catholic kid I always gave up chocolate for Lent, but since I didn't have that much of a sweet tooth anyway it wasn't that much of a sacrifice more doing it because that's what all my friends were doing. Not quite the right spirit.
These days, as an atheist, I just enjoy the pancakes at the start of Lent and the extra days off work at the end for the Easter weekend.

MC

Post 2096

Clean cups! Clean cups!
F38024?thread=8112720
smiley - run

Post 2097

Taff Agent of kaos

seeing as i didn't make the next threads roll call, i'm going to have the last word over here

smiley - tongueout

smiley - bat

Post 2098

smiley - blush I apologize.

Post 2099

Taff Agent of kaos

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

last word!!!smiley - winkeye

smiley - tongueout

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more