A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2181

Phil

And anotherthing...
While in Nodnol mw and MC went into Fortnum and Mason on Piccadilly as neither of us had been in there before. We were looking at all the different teas they sell including the rare teas list which had on it

English single estate tea (from the tregothnan estate in Cornwall) for a list price of only £1200 per kilo.
They also had some samovars being used as part of all the tea displays. That's what one of them looks like then smiley - smiley

Post 2182

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

smiley - yikes If I'd been drinking tea when I read that it would undoubtedly have been sprayed all over the monitor.

Fortnum and Masons' blood orange marmalade is sooooo nice. smiley - drool

Post 2183

Agapanthus

It's the only tea that has ever been grown commercially in the UK, and I think they lose a great deal of the crop to the stupid weather. Tea likes sunshine and cool breezes. Nevertheless, £1200? smiley - yikes indeed.

My posh tea costs about £35 a kilo.

Am making prune and sherry ice-cream and it isn't coming out quite so wonderful. Bah. I slightly overcooked the custard. Fool that I am. Ooh, pune or play on words, of a pathetic and floppy sort.

Ooh, I'm sleepy... *snore*

Post 2184

Well, it's taken about ten minutes during which time I have suffered various unknown errors, been asked to log in to h2g2 before making a post and had a white screen with Service Unavailable hovering near the top in large, ominous black letters but I can now finally post my reply to Ag:

It's 'pun' not 'pune'.smiley - nahnah

Post 2185

Agapanthus

smiley - rofl Mr D!

I reserve pune for jokes far to feeble and unfunny to deserve the title of pun...

Post 2186

I'd guessed as much but I couldn't resist your post was the first time I'd seen 'pune' outside crappy Discworld fan-fic or the Wee Free Men.

Post 2187

Agapanthus

I am afraid that I own all the Discworld novels and know most of them by heart. I also use a few Pratchett expressions on a very regular basis (such as 'like herding cats' (description of the Silver Horde's inability to manage money, 'Interesting Times').

And then you wonder why my family think I am a geek...

Post 2188

<>

Snap! I've often considered getting a long black leather coat but have resisted partly because of cost but mostly because I can't honestly say it wouldn't end up with LIVE FATS DIE YO GNU on the back.

Post 2189

Agapanthus

I very nearly owned a 'born to rune' t-shirt. I am still cross for not getting it while I had the chance. *sigh*

Oh, well. I DO have Hootoo teeshirt now. I can geek in that. (Thanks, Phil!)

Post 2190

FG

Being an American, as Ben put it, I know what my blood pressure is (on the high side of sucky) but have no clue as to cholesterol. And, given my love of dairy products, I don't want to know.

I am somewhat proud of myself. After a weekend spent in debauchery and dissipation I was asked by my Buddhist meditation group to lead services tonight. smiley - erm Either I'm putting up a good front or they think I'm a good person regardless.

No HP for me. I read the first three or four books and after a bit, felt I was reading the same thing over and over.

Post 2191

SE

i am younger (-.2) than i feel, apparantly. not exactly news to me.

and my brain is about 1/4th the way onto the female side. i'm horrible differentiating 3d shapes without having the actual, physical object, my right hand is on top in a clasp, and i'm epathetic. the ring finger thing threw me off though - when i press my hands together, my pinky and middle finger on my left hand seem a bit taller, but all my other fingers seem to match up; apparantly, however, my left ring finger is quite a bit shorter than my right, and it beds at quite an odd angle. i had never noticed before.

i am about 420 pages into the new potter and will no doubt finish it this evening. i have a horrible, hankering feeling that the rumor that's been floating about for months is true, but that is just a feeling. i don't think that counts as a spoiler as i haven't actually said anything, have i? least of all have any sort of ground.

i'm off to see C&TCF tonight - i hope it isn't as weird and creepy by the 1/2 of what i think it will be.

Post 2192

SE

empathetic, although i think i rather like the term e-pathetic. i think i'll start using it...

Post 2193

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

I had high blood pressure when I was 12 years old. That kind of scared me. Since then I don't use salt on almost anything unless i'm cooking.

I also am a MAJOR fan of Terry Pratchett. "Thief of Time" is probably my favorite.

Post 2194

dw2 - it's short for 1/2(dw)^2

*pops in looking for Marv so he can apologize*

Post 2195

Hypatia

Teuchter, try not to worry. smiley - hug I know that's easier said than done.

Mother behaved herself fairly well at the doctor's office. She did manage to remind everyone about a dozen times that she's an old lady. Which is true. However, except for her forgetfulness and her hip (which she won't do anything about) she's a healthy old lady and should be extremely grateful for that fact.

She is supposed to start some anti-depressants and see if that helps her memory. If she actually takes them, I'll be astonished. It would certainly be nice to get her out of this grumpy, gripey rut she's in.

She reverted to form in the grocery store. She chewed out the produce man for not having smaller bags of grapes. So he opened a large one and made two smaller bags out of it for her. Then you know what she did? She bought both of them!

Post 2196

FG

I refuse to put the salt shaker down. Blood pressure be damned.

Post 2197

Mol - on the new tablet

[Mol]

Post 2198

Teuchter

{Teuchter}

Post 2199

Z

[z]

Post 2200

Teuchter

*slaps self

I now remember what I wanted to tell Ag. I saw something on tv tonight about a daytime knitting club which meets in a cinema somewhere in London. They keep the lights on and watch a film while they all knit. smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post