A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2161

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's possible to feel guilt as a kind of anxiety, so you can't even put your finger on what you're feeling guilty about. At least that's how it works for me. smiley - erm


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2162

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I wish I could have selective memory, so that I could forget what I feel guilty about. It's better to feel sad or sorry about something I've done, than feel guilty about it. Whatever it is, it's done and you can't change it or take it back...

You know the kind of memory, the ones that make you wince in shame/guilt/humiliation? Those are the first things I'll chuck into my personal black-hole disposal unit, when someone finally invents one. smiley - erm

SC


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2163

Coniraya

Yes, Teuchter, Guilfest is an annual festival, now in it's 14th year. It is getting bigger each year, although the numbers are limited due to being held within the town, on Stoke Park. Also the music has to end at 11pm due to it's also being in a residential area, so it it doesn't go on too long at night. I would say this year so the most people ever, but I'll have to confirm that when the local paper comes out.

It is so dry here that even established shrubs are wilting. Although it is lovely to have sun, we really do need some serious rain, but the sort that falls gently giving the ground time to absorb it.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2164

Teuchter

I seem to be spending a lot of my time at the business end of a hosepipe these days - watering both my own garden and next door's. I've given up on the grass though - it's not important enough to waste water on and will recover when we eventually do get some rain.

Last night Mr T and I dug out the petanque balls and spent a happy half hour chucking them about the beige sward before the flying basties forced us indoors.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2165

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

[Mr. D smiley - pirate]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2166

dw2 - it's short for 1/2(dw)^2

Oh, I like the guilt conversation...

I think for some people, guilt is a form of self-deprecation. I've known people who often apologizes for needless things. It's like the brain says, "I'm not good enough" and that gets translated into "I don't do anything right". They end up apologizing but it's not really for what they did or didn't do. Instead they are apologizing for an underlying sense of inadequacy.

(oh, hi everybody. It's been a looooong time since I was around)


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2167

Agapanthus

[Ag]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2168

J'au-æmne

{[J'au]}


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2169

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

I do that!
*Jumps up and down*
Sorry... smiley - tongueout

Hi dw2!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2170

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*listens to the conversation*

Some days I'm really glad I'm an smiley - ant. *heads off in a random direction*


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2171

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

I am apparently 0.4 older. Given the amount of time I spend in the boozer with a pint and fag, I was expecting that to be rather higher. All that lovely exercise must cancel it out. Although for all I know it could be wrong, as as Ben said, I haven't got a damn clue what my blood pressure or colesterol are like.

Sorry it hear about the migraines Ben, it must be the season for them, FM is apparently suffering badly too.

smiley - ale


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2172

Hati

I visited my smiley - doctor couple months ago and just in case she wanted to have the long list of tests. So, in geneteral blood pressure was the only thing okay (to my surpise - first of all I'd expect that to be too high).
I shouldn't complain though. I never intend to live to 80.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2173

Teuchter

I intend to live long enough to be an embarrassment to my kids smiley - evilgrin
And if I get to 80 - I fully intend to take up smoking again.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2174

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

According to the brain test thing, I'm on the male end of female. Doesn't surprise me.

David


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2175

Agapanthus

I have a gender neutral brain.

I don't get this 'women are more caring and gentle than men' thing. S is FAR more caring and gentle than me. I am far more empathic and 'in touch with feelings' than he is, but just because I 'get' someone I don't see why that automatically makes me nice. I can understand and still go 'HAH' at people. S can not have the faintest idea what the matter is and yet be deeply caring and sweet because something IS the matter. Sympathy and Empathy are not in the least the same thing. Empathy may well be a feminine trait, but that doesn't mean sympathy is.

Woken up by foxes at 1am. S had to get up at 6am for big finangly annoyance at work (caused by stupid smiley - bleeps giving 24-hour warnings of deadlines when S already told them he'd need a two week deadline because he was very busy and needed that long to clear a couple of days in his schedule to deal with the finangly annoyance. So now he has one day to do a two-day job and this on top of all these meetings he can't get out of. I wonder if I'll see him tonight?). I am tired. I am grumpy. You have been warned *snarl snarl* pass the coffee.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2176

J'au-æmne

*hands Ag a hot cup of Kenya smiley - coffee*

I did that brain test thing a while ago, but alas I've forgotten the results...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2177

Phil

I'm 9months older than my real age aparently. Too much drink and not enough sleep, exercise, fruit. Oh well The carting computers round the department this morning makes up for any lack of exercise I think.

Meet was excelent, thanks to 2Legs and all those who went. If I'd worked out who you were Mol before we left then I would have said hello and smiley - hug. The Hitchikers exhibition at the science museum was good fun, wandering round some of the film sets smiley - biggrin On the sunday we spent some time in the NHM wandering round the earth galleries. Not been in that bit since it was reworked several years back. Very nice.
The trains both going and returning worked as advertised, even the tilting was a generally pleasent experience and so it's looking like Mr Branson and Mr Souter might well be getting something right with the service finally.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2178

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Good morning, everyone -- I'm up early after a dreadful night of interrupted sleep, but at least it's distinctly cooler this morning. Perhaps that hurricane in the gulf is sucking cooler air southward.

*goes off to get ready for a conference call*


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2179

Hypatia

My sex ID test puts me in the neutral range. It seems I kept cancelling myself out. One thing would be definitely female and the next would be definitely male. Strange.

Teuchter, I didn't have a clue what a petanque ball was and had to look it up. You Scots are so cosmopolitan. smiley - biggrin Which reminds me, how are the globetrotters?

I'm off to take Mother to her GP. Which means I'll return with indigestion and high blood pressure.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2180

Teuchter

Hyp - I'm quite worried about No2 Daughter - I know she's supposed to be in Oz somewhere but we haven't heard from her for over a week.

*tries to stop torturing self with ridiculous worries about South African jails

smiley - goodluck with the medical visit - hope your Ma doesn't speak out of turn today. I was nearly slapping mine last week over some rather too pointed public remarks.*sigh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more