A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

54Xth Conversation

Post 1

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Filling in for Lil, in what will hopefully be the last time for quite a while, I attempt to open the new conversation.

Over the last month we have shown ourselves to be true denizens of Lil's Atelier. We have even added to the ranks with the librarian Hypatia posting periodically and with teh entry of Carmel Bunny as an official Salonista.

Conversations again run the gamut from an early announcement from Sea's announcement that she is now part of that sublime tradition known as a couple, to eatsmice telling us of his upcoming bundle of joy. Along the way we have discussed the naming conventions of colours of paints with many guesses as to the shade "Babe" etc. Also we debated if science can be based on fact or is more firmly rooted in theories. Relationships and how to deal with them have been bandied about with some very sage advice being given. Caer was given some help in planning her upcoming excursion to the States to visit lovely New England to look at the leaves. and most recently we have been discussing television with some of us extolling the wonders of Monk and others bemoaning the suspected loss of Farscape.

We hope to have Lil back where she belongs in the very near future, free from the jello gang and safe in her Salon. One can hardly do justice to her lovely introductions, but I do my best.

54Xth Conversation

Post 2

Witty Moniker

*Shifts comfortably to the new forum.*

Well done, Marv! smiley - smiley

54Xth Conversation

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Drat, beaten being First To The Forum - congrats, Witty!smiley - smiley

54Xth Conversation

Post 4

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Matina, a FTTF Mug for Witty please?

Witty, that was *fast*. I am impressed!

54Xth Conversation

Post 5

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Oh and a first runner up carafe of sparkling water to Ti.

smiley - blush thanks for the complement Witty. I hope it is good enough for this agust forum.

54Xth Conversation

Post 6

Witty Moniker

*Curtsies as she accepts the mug from Matina.*

My timing was pure luck. I had just opened my conversations list and 54Xth was right at the top. smiley - biggrin

54Xth Conversation

Post 7

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Good intro, Marv. smiley - ok

54Xth Conversation

Post 8

Sol

Splendid, Marv!

54Xth Conversation

Post 9

Coniraya

{[caer csd], brilliant intro, Marv and being mentioned in it has made up for my usual missing the first posting!

I have organised tickets for the four of us to go and see Sean Bean in Macbeth in November. Its the first time ever we have all gone to the theatre together and should be a good day out.}

54Xth Conversation

Post 10

Garius Lupus

[smiley - fullmoon]
Well done, Marv. (Except this isn't an August forum, it's a September one smiley - winkeye)

54Xth Conversation

Post 11

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]

Great job Marv!!!!!!!!!

54Xth Conversation

Post 12

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Speaking of September forums... We have a number of Virgo's in the forum as I recall (my birthday being in eleven days). Last year we had the attack at the WTC to distract us from the celebrations, so I ask if we should hold a party in the salon to mark our return to normal life. The floor is open for debate.

54Xth Conversation

Post 13

FG

[descends into the new forum upon a smiley - disco ball]

I'm all for a party! And what's this about sea being the better half of a couple? Have we met the young man? What does he do for a living? Does he have a good income? Who are his people? What are his intentions? smiley - tongueout

54Xth Conversation

Post 14

Witty Moniker

Being one of the celebrants, I'm all for a party. My birthday falls on September 22, the day after Marv's. I'm turning 47. I hope it turns out to be a good year.

54Xth Conversation

Post 15

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I would be happy to party with you all, even though my birthday was in June. I'm always up for a party. Can I bring a guest?

FG, sea's other half is, apprenently, a guy who's been her best friend all thru high school, so I'm figuring his intentions can't be ALL bad.

Marv, excellent intro. smiley - cheers to you, although it is a bit early in the morning for such a thing in California!

54Xth Conversation

Post 16

FG

Friend, schmiend. I say we need sea's intended to provide his tax receipts for the last seven years, the results of a blood test, and his college transcripts.

I might be tossing a bomb into the Atelier and I know that many are tired of the 9/11 overplay, but I heard an interesting commentary on National Public Radio this morning. It was by a Russian businessman, Mr. Vitaly Somebody-or-other. He said that, unlike car bombs in Israel or Northern Ireland, there is no one group or goal behind the acts of a year ago. In the former instances, we can look to the IRA or the Al-Aqsa Martyr Brigades or Hamas or whomever. These groups have a definite, well-known agenda and supporters. Not so, in this man's opinion, with Al Qaida. He believes that A.Q. is actually supported by rich, despotic Mid-eastern governments and that 9/11 was not an attack on the US per se, but a way to distract their poorer subjects. If the Arab underclasses focus their attention and hatred on America then they won't agitate for political or societal change in their own countries, thus keeping some very corrupt people in power. Any thoughts?

54Xth Conversation

Post 17

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Somewhere in my conspiracy-minded brain, I think that something like that may very well be true, although I would throw in Shrub as a party to it all, seeing as keeping the despots in power means more oil, not to mention his approval ratings.

But I don't know. If the Sauds, etc, are involved, that kind of information could not have been kept secret this long.

54Xth Conversation

Post 18

Hypatia

Not being an expert on intros, I'll take everyone's word that it's super. Congrats Marv.

Congratrulations also to Carmel Bunny. smiley - bubbly

Birthday parties are always nice. Are we talking smiley - tea and smiley - cake or smiley - ale and smiley - hotdog?

54Xth Conversation

Post 19

jr52 (ting-a-)

*ting-*
Done well, Marv.
On the other (no, you're not paranoid, they are out to get you!)thing, no time now, but, makes as much sense(yeah, right) as anything else.
[jr]

54Xth Conversation

Post 20

Hypatia

At least the NPR guy's theory is logical. Glad to know this group includes NPR listeners.

Key: Complain about this post