A Conversation for Famous Film Quotes

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 221

Wolfie

Ok, so more thought (and, it must be admitted, so beer) has led me to think that the second one is very Woody Allen. If it is him, it could be from any of his films, so you'll have to put me out of my misery.

The one about the pub, has just come to me as I'm writing this and I believe it's from An American Werewolf in London - as the two American guys are walking into the village after trekking across teh moors. Which reminds me of one of my favourite movie scenes of all time - Brian Glover telling the Mexican joke!

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 222

Lizardboy

Both good guesses. And both totally wrong.
smiley - monster

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 223

Wolfie

Bugger! And I was so sure, too! I know I know the pub one, though.

Any clues?

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 224

Deek

Could the 'pub' one be from Withnail & I ?
(Putting two and two together and probably coming up with five)
A.M. smiley - smiley

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 225

Lizardboy

OK, you were wrong anout withnail and I. But here's a clue for each:

1:The film stars Ed Norton.

2:The film stars Alan Rickman.

Can you guess what it is yet?
smiley - monster

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 226

Wolfie

Thanks for the extra clues.

1. No help at all. I don't know who Ed Norton is, so even if I've seen the film, I probably ain't gonna get it.

2. The Alan Rickman pub one - I still think that I know it but I'm not sure; was Hugh Grant in it too?

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 227

Lizardboy

No.

OK, the first one, Brad pitt was in it also.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 228

Wolfie

The only film I can think of that it might be is "Fight Club", then, but I woudln't know the character's names or anything like that.

The Alan Rickman one; I keep getting a picture of him being really pissed off when he says it and wanting to be anywhere but where he is, so my next (educated) guess is "Galaxy Quest".

If I'm still wrong, please put me out of your misery.

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 229

Lizardboy

Wow. Both TOTALLY correct. Congratulations!

The first was Tyler Durden From fihgt club,
and the second was Dr. Lazarus in Galaxy quest.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 230

Wolfie

Excellent. And only a bloody long list of clues required!

SO, my outstanding ones are:

1. "Whoo. Dey's darker dan us!"

2. "Craaawfiiish!"

The first one has been pretty well got - Mel Brooks as the Indian Chief in Blazing Saddles, when he let's the wagon with Bart and his parents on go free.

The second one no-one has guessed at yet. I'll give you a couple of clues;

The lead actor made about 30 films during his (fairly short) film career. All of the best were in black and white. This quote is from the best and it opens the film.

While you're working on that one, I'll try and think of some more!

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 231

Roundley The Terminator

Wolfie,

I know I'll know the Craaawwwfish!! quote when you tell me. It's killing me--I can hear it, but I can't bring back the images.

Here's an easy one for you-all...

Person 1: I may be blind, but I 'ave acute 'earing
Person 2: I'm not interested in your jewellry, cloth eyes!

I expect you'll get it straight away.

:o)

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 232

Wolfie

No idea on this one at all. Perhaps a clue?

The Crawfish is a bit of a cheat - it's actually the lead in to a song at the opening of King Creole. The actor is, of ocurse, Elvis.

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 233

Roundley The Terminator

My God! Quoting Elvis in movies--no wonder I can't remember it.

Hmmmm, a clue, eh?

How about... it's a naval setting (ie, on a ship), but not The Navy. The blind person is an inspector/investigator. The owner/captain of the ship in question is the eponymous character of the film (ie, the film is named after him). It's a production from one of the most famous British film/TV 'gangs' around.

That'll help, I suspect.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 234

Duncan

Wow....I stumped you guys smiley - smiley

My quote is from Excalibur....Merlin to Uther Pendragon when he arranged things so that Uther could have an evening with Igraine.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 235

Lizardboy

I thought this would be appropriate for me:

"I hope this hurts, lizard boy!"

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 236

Wolfie

Hey gang!

Duncan, I'd completely forgotten about your dragon's breath quote (not that I would have got it, I don't think). Sorry!

Roundley, your clues are more obscure than mine. The picture I keep getting is Inspector Clouseau crossed with Blind Pugh from Muppet Treasure Island. I know they're not right, but now that I've got that picture, I can't see past it. More help, please!

Lizardboy, your's is familiar as well but I'm not sure why!

All donations of help gratefully received and I shall contribute the following (probably rather easy one):

"Which idiot put you in charge?"
"You did when you murdered my boss"

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 237

Roundley The Terminator

Duncan,

I saw Merlin again a couple of months ago, and still didn't remember the quote!

Wolfie ... the film's title includes a colour and something to do with a man's personal appearance. For the character speaking, keep the Blind Pugh part of the image, but ditch the Inspector Clouseau element.

I know yours but I can't bring it to mind--some more free association on my part should help. Couldn't give me a location/broad scenery definition, could you?

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 238

Wolfie

Hey Roundley,

Ok, your clues are still not helping all that much. I think I'm gonna have to admit defeat on this one.

As for mine, I can't think of a clue that doesn't give it away straightaway, so I'll give it some thought and get back to you.

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 239

Roundley The Terminator

Wolfie,

I hate to see someone feel defeated. Here's a final clue--the production team was the Monty Python gang--surely that must help!

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 240

Roundley The Terminator

...and, of course, your quote is Bonnie Bedela (sp?) to Alan Rickman in Die Hard--how could I have taken so long to remember!

Key: Complain about this post