A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: Aroma Cafe

Post 761

Eatsmice.

*wanders in soulfully*

Its been too long in the wilderness.

IIEM, Large Kenyan please.

Irv, sad to say but this part of the UK is still not in bed.

*looks skywards*

Nope, not quite sleepy yet!

Post 762

Eatsmice.

*looks at large (very large) number of red dots, and wonders when a new thread starts*

I liked the new format when it was introduced, but the thread length does seem a bit silly now. Anyone else think the same?

Bring back the thrill of "first to the forum"

Post 763

Titania (gone for lunch)

[t]

Post 764

Bumblebee

Five days of backlog on a really, really slow server.
I'll just leave my card as well.
Off to read more B-L.
[-B-]

Post 765

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Well, the only reason I haven't been starting a new thread is that you can fast forward directly to the most recent post. But if you all feel that you need to read all the backlog, and that it is getting a bit much, I can start a new thread for the new week -- who votes for that?

Post 766

Eatsmice.

Hi Irv, your finest Kenyan please, and a mbougatses if there are any?

A new thread per week sounds like a good idea, and doesn't place the onus on you to be present every night to start a new thread.

*puts "Weekly" on his voting paper*

Post 767

*Serves Kenyan coffee to eatsmice*
c)~( There you go, and I do believe we have some fresh mbougatses -- I picked them up from Lil's. She's been very busy of late. Seems I came back just in time!

Post 768

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in*

Hi all!smiley - smiley

Irv, could I please have a café mélange and did I hear someone mention mbougatse?

Once a week sounds good to me.

Post 769

*Serves the café mélange and mbougatse*

I'm still not sure how to pronounce the word "mbougatse".

On the bright side, I've just been out and about in downtown Flagstaff, and purchased a copy of Tolkien's "the Fellowship of the Ring". It's comfort reading, and very appropriate feeling here in the shadow of the San Francisco Peaks, the highest elevations in Arizona.

Post 770

Titania (gone for lunch)

Good night, all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off*

Post 771

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A weak man somewhat surprised Irv hasn't read FOTR before votes for a new thread once a week.

Post 772

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

*saunters in to vote: Once a week.*

Post 773

Cheezdanish, Slacker Princess

Votes: Ditto.

Not that I've ever gotten the FTTF thing before, but whatever. smiley - winkeye

Hi Irv! Long time no see. A large latte, please.

Post 774

Good to see you again, CD! Here you go, one latt� c]~[ TFOTR = The Fellowship of the Ring. The first volume in a trilogy (no, really, it's only three volumes long. I have to specify that on this site) by J.R.R. Tolkien. The three volumes together are known as "The Lord of the Rings. They include The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and the Return of the King (in that order). They are preceded by the Hobbit, which I suggest reading first, not only because it was written first, and not only because it comes, chronologically first, but because it will ground you in Middle Earth, which is somewhat neccissary to truly enjoy the Trilogy. Looney, the reason I bought a copy today is that I can no longer borrow my father's three matching, boxed, hardbound volumes. I've never actually read it, it's true, but I've had them read to me by my father numerous times when I was younger. Winter has always been the time when he read the books to us, and since winter starts earlier in Flagstaff than in Phoenix, I thought I'd pick up a copy and read it to myself. The upshot of all this (don't ask me how) is that I'm going to bed early tonight, and so I'm posting a link to this week's thread right here, right now! http://www.h2g2.com/F26140?thread=74586&post=569710

Key: Complain about this post