A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: Under New Architecture

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The Aroma Cafe, a place for fine coffees, teas, specialty drinks and all manner of volunteer cakes and pastries.

As the place evolves, we find ourselves relaxing under the draught of the overhead fans, listening to customers playing the piano or to automatic rolls, and chatting or watching Ook, our blur orangutan busboy, beat another new customer at scrabble.

Welcome in!

*changes filters on IIEM and wipes down counter, noticing that the tea trolley has gone missing*

Post 2

Lintilla

Nice to see you back here Lil!smiley - smiley

Post 3

------------> ^}~{^
FTTF cup for Lintilla!

Do you know where the trolley's gone?

I have spent the last two days in software hell. There's a known bug that I didn't know about in one of my apps because I never worked with a REALLY big image before. Lost a lot of work, twice in a row, performed reinstallations and patches, and moped a bit too.

But I have a workaround.

Fingering a certain young man for bad behaviour with other people's accounts was also very satisfying. I believe a lot of people are writing to him and expressing their opinions and he's trying to look innocent. Ho. Hee.

Now what was that about a new telegraph? Where? Sounds like a brilliant idea!

Post 4

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*stumbles in, tripping over a new format*
What's this about a telegraph?
And why is my window a different shape?
And why am l being reminded what my name is? (mind you, that's occasionally useful..but l find it a strange attribute to add...)

Post 5

*is starting to get a very panicky and confused look on her face*
And...and...and nothing l'm saying is appearing in the forum! But it is on the side of the page! And l refreshed the page and...oh l don't understand any of this...and l'm not even awake yet..aaaahh!

Post 6

*looks around sheepishly*
Oh.
There it is.

l think l need to lie down.
ls there tea?

Post 7

Lintilla

Sorry 'bout your troubles Lil, I can't help you there, but I do know where the trolly went. A newcomer used it to take his oversized cup of tea home with him.

Calm down odra!! It's okay. I think i'm slowly warming up to the new system. I was also wondering why it reminds me of my name each time....strange. My "space" used to be my refuge 'cuz I knew exactly what was going on there but now it just dosen't seem as cozy and homelike 'cuz someone came in and "moved the furnature around".

Yup I got my telegraph station! It's at L'hotel Chrome. Very exciting, now you can all drop me a wire there when I'm lost in the past.smiley - smiley

Post 8

Lintilla

*hands Odra a cup of green tea*
here, maybe this will help.

Post 9

*lies back on couch (we still have a couch, right?) and closes eyes. Sips tea gratefully*

*in a slightly calmer tone*
l figured out why my browser window looked funny. l thought it was by virtue of the upgrades, but then l checked e-mail, and it wasn't. l had just knocked one of the horizontal-hold buttons on my monitor and expanded the screen out sideways...

l'll have to go see this telegraph, so l will...

Post 10

Eatsmice.

*Bounces in, automatic photo booth at last having taken a picture that looks makes him look like Fox Mulder smiley - smiley*
Hi peeps, IIEM Kenyan coffee please.
Lintilla, tried your link from the hotel Chrome but it chucked me to the h2g2 page smiley - sadface
And is it me or is Ook looking a bit blurry today?

Post 11

Hey Odra, how's your face? Are you eating yet?

Post 12

Lintilla

H2G2 seem slower to everyone else?
I think it's a combo of everyone experimenting and perhaps just a longer loading time with all the new little gadgets.

Post 13

Eatsmice.

Hey Odra, hope you're no longer looking like a gerbil !
Lintilla, I mean the link to the telegram office, both the one within the text and the one on the right-hand bar.

Post 14

Cheezdanish, Slacker Princess

Actually, it seems faster to me. Maybe it's cuz I'm in the states...

Mornin' all. Lil, could I get a triple espresso with whipped cream and caramel?

*enjoys the new view of the upgrades*

I kinda like it. I much prefer the font of the links now. And I really like the little red dots that take you to the newest thread. Nice touch.

Post 15

I just noticed the "your nickname is CHEEZDANISH" above this posting screen. Hee hee. Now I can throw out my name tag.

Post 16

Eating...hm. Well, after a manner of speaking. Primarily liquids, or plasmoids (whatever state of matter custard and pudding and so forth are considered). The swelling's still rather severe, but it's less painful, though l've a charming bruise forming all along my chin. lt looks like a goatee.
Acutally, l'm currently embroilled in an argument with the local pharmacy, as they filled my prescription wrong, l think. l'm short three days' worth of medication for it, and it's not something l just could've done by taking it accidentally. lf you take twelve 800mg ibuprofin tablets in twenty-four hours, it's something you'd notice, medically speaking...as in the fact you've probably either been rushed to hospital with a bleeding gastric ulcer or you're dead.
Hi, eatsmice. A fellow Survivor, l hear.

Post 17

Eatsmice.

Absolutely Odra,
Game for it smiley - smiley
*sips coffee and wishes he could play piano*

Post 18

Lintilla

Hmmm, Oh good it assures me that my name is still Lintilla, what a relief.
Let me try again; http://www.h2g2.com/A370496 - that SHOULD go to the hotel.

Odra, that sounds terrible, Hope it all gets straightened out soon!

Post 19

Lintilla

I'll play for you eats, what would you like?
*sets down FTTF cup, removes the PPA and takes a seat.*

Post 20

Why? You won't need it on an island... smiley - winkeye

*sips coffee*

I put in an application too. Call me impulsive. Call me a follwer. Just don't call me late for dinner.

*giggles*

Sorry...

Key: Complain about this post