A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: Oh! THAT Statue!

Post 61

Babel17

Hello to you to and thank you very much.
*pats beard reassuringly*
How are you today?

Post 62

Lintilla

im fine, yourself?

Post 63

Lintilla

>Ook peers at Mr. Smith from the opposite side of the room.<
>"ook"<

Post 64

Lintilla

*hears a shout from the distance*
sounds like real life is calling.
*sets the empty cup on the counter and waves goodbye to Mr. Smith, Peregrin and spork.*
Goodbye!!!
*jingle/jangle*

Post 65

Eatsmice.

*jinglyjinglyjing*
Hey, Mr Smith's back.
John isn't it? Your beard's looking not bad at all.
I see the Morris dancer is back next to the door smiley - smiley
IIEM, half caff decaff please and the laffs on me.
*settles back for a quiet evenings relaxation*

Post 66

Peregrin

*glug*

Forum changes? It was scheduled for, well, now, but it's going to take a while longer. Hold your breath.

To tell the truth I don't like some of the stuff in Ripley. There's a wierd multicoloured doodah which isn't very intuitive. The most important thing is to be able to view the latest posts, and they've sorted that out, I just wish they'd port it over here.

Meanwhile, in case you don't know, put ?latest=1 at the end of forum addresses to view the latest stuff.

Post 67

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Comes in via back porch, stopping to throw a wreath of flowers round the statue's head*

Hi everybody. I've been painting this afternoon. As you may know, Styx the Rat is Quorthon's pet, and Quorthon, my cybernephew, has a room of his own at the atelier ... so Styx lives there too. One afternoon last week I sketched him, and did a pastel-and-charcoal of him, which is now hanging in the gallery, at
http://www.h2g2.com/A396858 --

Oh! Hello, Mr. Smith. Are you served? Good.

Peregrin! I hope you're going to become a regular again. As you can see, we've spiffed up the place a bit. I need to look at the page, I think -- what was your job? What IS your job, I mean. smiley - winkeye

Post 68

Eatsmice.

Hi Peregrin, nice tameecha.
Blimey Lil, that's a spooky picture of Styx.

Post 69

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Quorthon wanted a heavy metal death rat, black with red glowing eyes and at least a foot high at the shoulder, but we couldn't get one like that at the pet shop. But then Quorthon found him running loose on the docks at Plymouth. Who knows where he's from?

IIEM, I'll have another A L Special.

Post 70

Eatsmice.

Well if you find out where he's from let me know so that I can avoid it smiley - smiley

Post 71

Babel17

Nice picture. Unfortunately I had a slight crash IRL, so I might have been wavering a bit there. Apologies to Lintilla.
Thank you er..Asteroid Lil, I am fine with this coffee.
Well, must be off again. Thank you for allowing me to hide ou...*cough* er reside here for the time being. Goodday to you all.

*drains last of coffee and places cup on counter. Nods to the other patrons and looks left then right out of the door. Turns up collar and heads off down the boardwalk*

Post 72

ox

*enters sans jingle*

Hey, who was that guy? Kind of spooky.

Hi, eatsmice, Lil, Lintilla- nice to meet you Peregrin.

Post 73

Peregrin

hi all, thanks for the re-welcome smiley - smiley I'm the official milkman for this place, so if you ever need some cow-squirted products, you know where to come...

EV, I wouldn't say no to a double whisky...
speaking of whisky, when's the beer festival that you were advertising? (my train of thought is whisky > Scotland > Dr E V > Beer festival, if you were wondering)

Post 74

Lintilla

*looks around to find herself spontainiously in the center of the Aroma Cafe*
According to the laws of continuity, i seem to suddenly be here due to the fact that ox has seen me here. So...hello again everyone, i guess.smiley - smiley

Post 75

Peregrin

sorry, I'm getting confused again... that second bit was meant to be for the Forum & Firkin...

Post 76

ox

Sorry, Lintilla..I could swear I saw you over there next to Peregrin who was actually in the Forum & Firkin...now I AM confused *as if I needed any help*

Post 77

Demon Drawer

*DD walks into Cafe, and bumbs head on statue*

OW!!!!

I need some soothing herbal tea I think.

Post 78

Lintilla

well i really need to be off...um nice seeing you all...again.;-
) Goodbye!
*jingle/jangle*

Post 79

ox

Hey, DD-how's it going? Got to watch that statue.

Bye, Lintilla.

Post 80

Demon Drawer

Why what's it gonna do?

Key: Complain about this post