A Conversation for The Café

The Counter

Post 261

Gwennie

Ah, but these be ye toasted scones - not toasted bread type stuff!! Still, what ever! My portable doesn't get offended.

The Counter

Post 262

Afgncaap5

Hey, I don't care. I'll toast my scones in this one. I wisely decided to stay neutral in the toaster wars. Thanks Gwennie

The Counter

Post 263

Afgncaap5

Sorry I forgot to end that post with a period.smiley - sadface I'll get it right this time. (Clears throat.) Thanks Gwennie.

There! I got it right!smiley - smiley Now, I think I can make these scones last until my coffee gets here. Hey, its Christmas Eve, isn't it? Okay then, Merry Christmas everyone in the event that I don't show up again before Xmas! smiley - smiley

The Counter

Post 264

Gwennie

Felicitations! Have a wonderful time.

(Gwennie replaces toaster in huge handbag after turning it upside down and slapping it on the bottom to dislodge crumbs).

The Counter

Post 265

Afgncaap5

Waitaminute! Huge handbag? *GWENNIE'S HIDING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FROM US!*

The Counter

Post 266

Aeli's mistress

hi there.
is there any more Tibetan toast?
may I have some please?

The Counter

Post 267

Afgncaap5

I'm not so sure RA is here right now. But fish are here. The fish are everywhere. *THEY ARE PLOTTING OUR DESTRUCTION AS WE SPEAK, AND GWENNIE IS STILL HIDING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!*

The Counter

Post 268

Gwennie

Sorry peeps! My kids have nicked 'em all. I was under threat of incredible sulking (by my offspring) if Santa didn't deliver the goods! My bag is rather depleted now! I have some pain killers if anyone needs 'em or a flask of strong black coffee... I expect the staff could provide better stuff at the counter though.

The Counter

Post 269

Afgncaap5

*Begins whamming head on table. Stops after about 39 times.*

I'll take one of those pain killers now. Maybe some of the coffee, too. I'm still waiting for the coffee I ordered. Wait, I know!

And now, the first annual race to deliver Afgncaap5's coffee. The contestents: Gwennie, and the staff of the Aroma Cafe! Betting will commence now, and end when the race ends! Ready? GO!

The Counter

Post 270

Gwennie

I win! Here you go.....

Where is everyone? We seem to be the only people here....

The Counter

Post 271

dreymers

Yeah, sort of creepy isn't it.

I'd like a really hot smiley - coffee, and a cure for the common cold, please.

The Counter

Post 272

Afgncaap5

Anyone have a cure for the common cold? Dreymers needs one. Of course, presumabely this person is currently at the patent office instead of this cafe. Anyway, thanks for the coffee Gwennie. Here's your prize: a pretzel I happenned to find lying on the floor! Enjoy!smiley - smiley

The Counter

Post 273

dreymers

(pssst...don't eat it Gwennie - that's how I caught my cold! )

The Counter

Post 274

Afgncaap5

***NEW!!! CURE FOR COMMON COLD!!! DON'T EAT PRETZELS!!!***

See ya! I'm gonna go to the paten office now.smiley - smiley

The Counter

Post 275

Gwennie

Gwennie pops pretzle in doggie bag for one of her pooches.....

Thanks! I'll remember not to eat pretzles when the kids next bring home the latest batch of viruses from their respective schools!

Have you tried a megga-hot curry, ten pints of lager followed by a dose of asprin and bed? It sort of makes you sweat everything in your system out..... an old boyfriend used to swear by it but I've never managed the lager part myself!

The Counter

Post 276

Gwennie

Gwennie pops pretzle in doggie bag for one of her pooches.....

Thanks! I'll remember not to eat pretzles when the kids next bring home the latest batch of viruses from their respective schools!

Have you tried a megga-hot curry, ten pints of lager followed by a dose of asprin and bed? It sort of makes you sweat everything in your system out..... an old boyfriend used to swear by it but I've never managed the lager part myself!

The Counter

Post 277

Gwennie

Oops! I seem to be repeating myself......Sorry! Gwennie sneaks off all embarrassed......

The Counter

Post 278

dreymers

That's alright - it's gone now.

The Counter

Post 279

DEATH

Can I have a cup of Hija'talani? Or if you don't serve Elven drinks, some Assam or at worst Cappuccino will do. Mmm... Coffee... and some
Pie. Or 3.141592653589... (Pi)

The Counter

Post 280

Afgncaap5

Ok, as long as we're making synonymous puns. . .
I think I'll order a chocolate moose. Would you believe the office refused my patent? Hey, there's something that H2G2 doesn't have. A patent office. Someone should set one up. I have first dibs on the cure for common colds!

Key: Complain about this post