A Conversation for The Café

The Counter

Post 241

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

*Calling in from out of town* Wow! I call in from my vacation to see what's going on, and I get a kiss! How holiday spirited smiley - smiley Anyway, What flavor Italian Cream Soda was that? I like blueberry myself! *Hangs up phone, glad to find that he can get in touch with his café from out of town smiley - smiley *

~Irving, Home for the Holidays


The Counter

Post 242

dreymers

Hi Helena ! How 'bout a hot mocha java !


The Counter

Post 243

Afgncaap5

Nothin' like an ice-cold blueberry italian cream soda to soothe the nerves. Now, about that scone. . .


The Counter

Post 244

The Cheese

Mmmm...I myself could use a cherry Italian soda. So...thirsty...


The Counter

Post 245

Afgncaap5

Yeah, that's a good flavor too, but I'll stick with my current drink for now. Of course, you know what would make it better? My scone. I'm tired of just reading the guide entry on scones, I want an actual scone. Right now. I'm getting hungry. I've been waiting for, what, 48 hours?


The Counter

Post 246

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

good scones take time to make! *in teacherlike voice*

no not really, so here you are:

*3 perfect scones with cream and strawberry and blueberry jam together with icecold blueberry sode with italian cream smiley - winkeye*

that better?

hm, dreymers, you wanted your java served from Helena? So you'll have to wait, I have it ready smiley - winkeye


The Counter

Post 247

Afgncaap5

Perfect scones? I'll have to try this for myself.

*LATER*

Wow, I didn't believe it at first.


The Counter

Post 248

Roasted Amoeba

Mistletoe, eh? Well if anybody happens to be wandering under it... I'm waiting... smiley - winkeye


The Counter

Post 249

Gwennie

Gwennie wanders by mistletoe, glances around, checks breath and plants a smackeroonie on all the guys waiting for Helena!! Gotchya! Don't mind the false teeth chaps - I've had 'em soaking in "Domestos" over night....

Right, who else is waiting for Helena??? Hey, come back everyone!


The Counter

Post 250

Tim O' the North

I'm a new Hiker - How do I order a coffee? Pretty thirsty here.
The Cheese said I should come to this cafe for the best coffee...


The Counter

Post 251

Roasted Amoeba

Gwennie, I wasn't waiting for Helena particularly... just any female who was unfortunate enough to be wandering through... smiley - winkeye


The Counter

Post 252

Gwennie

So, you're not fussy then? Not bothered about "Domestos" and false teeth, hey? Aren't you a sweetie! (Gwennie plants a big kiss on cheek xxx)


The Counter

Post 253

dreymers

*grins, and sips coffee*

There once was a girl named Gwennie
Who never thought she'd get any
She gave Roasted Amoeba
A peck on the cheek-a
And from that point on she got plenty!


The Counter

Post 254

Gwennie

Ahhh, poetry! Isn't that sweet... I've never inspired someone to poetry before and am patheticaly grateful for any I get (and anything else too)!


The Counter

Post 255

Aeli's mistress

Hey Tim,

Smile and kiss Gwennie, you'll get a drink.
*grin*


The Counter

Post 256

Afgncaap5

Hey Tim. Ordering is easy. Just state what you want to order, then wait about 48 hours for someone to notice. BTW, I think I'll have some of that coffee now please. Hey, with Y2K coming up, I think any one who wants a last order should make it. Or maybe any final confessions. Of course, I don't want to become a ghost because my unfinished business was that I never got to drink my coffee. So, hurry up if its at all possible.


The Counter

Post 257

Gwennie

Its a bit like an Irish pub. You have to place your order well before you've finished your current drink as the staff here take great care and pride in the presentation of their drinkies....


The Counter

Post 258

Afgncaap5

I realized that. Which is why I'm taking so long to finish my scones. Of course, even perfect scones can become stale as I'm now realising.


The Counter

Post 259

Gwennie

Here, borrow my portable toaster. Its quite friendly and will make those scones all fresh and crispy. I've only got vegan margarine so if you want butter you may have to abSCONd (sorry!) with some from the counter....

Oh! I'm sorry - I can't help it.....it was my childhood you see...my parents are accountants (say no more).


The Counter

Post 260

Bluebottle

Your toaster??? But what about RA - the Toaster from Tibet....????
I accept NO OTHER toast.


Key: Complain about this post